Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    No, it's not naive at all.

Basing your judgment on the trustworthiness of certain people is the most methodically sound approach you can take.

How do you select someone for a job when you are recruiting? You base it on their past and make a judgment of their character.
    How do you know you can trust someone? You base it on their past accomplishments and truthfulness.

This whole fixation on "sources" is an internet fallacy, a convenient excuse to try and dismiss any claims made you don't like to agree with.
    Even if Bellular is trustworthy why do you conflate that with the source he brought up? The source is some dude on discord. Doesn't matter how trustworthy Belullar is, that source is still an unreliable source.
    Afaik, it's not even a verified source in which your trust in Belullar would matter, since either you believe he verified it or you don't. Currently it's unverified and then it doesn't matter if Belullar is the most trustful person in the entire world with 100% truth record since his source could be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    No, it's not naive at all.

Basing your judgment on the trustworthiness of certain people is the most methodically sound approach you can take.

How do you select someone for a job when you are recruiting? You base it on their past and make a judgment of their character.
    How do you know you can trust someone? You base it on their past accomplishments and truthfulness.

This whole fixation on "sources" is an internet fallacy, a convenient excuse to try and dismiss any claims made you don't like to agree with.
    The tragedy is you are a liar, you know you are a liar, you know you are protecting a liar who isn't even sure that his source lied to him. You are peddling at best a conspiracy theory at the moment. You cant prove anything you've claimed. Not a single thing.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I do not think that bellular is lying or the source is bad. I just think the source is trying to hype the community against Activision. To distract from the incompetence of the dev team and in special their game director.

Quote Originally Posted by MatadorMedia View Post
    Sadly, looks like WoW is on its way into maintenance mode. Just like HOTS before it, there will be a limited team designated to minor improvements and releases. I think WoW is already in this mode, honestly, but Blizzard is just too afraid to announce it because of the drop-off in subs which would occur. Shame.
    How far down the conspiracy-theory hole fo you have to be to think this is even a reasonable conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by yogdadoolin View Post
    I do not think that bellular is lying or the source is bad. I just think the source is trying to hype the community against Activision. To distract from the incompetence of the dev team and in special their game director.
    The YouTuber needs clicks so he can get paid... of course he's going to do sketchy shit if he thinks he can get away with it, especially if he's got a legion of brainwashed minions to protect him from any criticism.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    The source is some dude on discord.
    Considering he says that it's a discord server where both content creators and devs are present, the better question would be: Do these Discord servers exist?
    Personally, the claim that some unofficial channels between Blizzard and Content creators exist isn't really that farfetched.

If one "dev" posted: "We're not the the ones setting the deadline for a patch, go figure", i think anybody could fill out the blanks here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Afaik, it's not even a verified source in which your trust in Belullar would matter, since either you believe he verified it or you don't. Currently it's unverified and then it doesn't matter if Belullar is the most trustful person in the entire world with 100% truth record since his source could be lying.
    You will never get a confirmation until nobody cares about this stuff anymore or the employee leaves Blizzard.

No dev will come out, with his actual name attached to it and say "yeah, i said that".
    If you apply that logic, basically anything related to investigative journalism cannot be trusted, because so many reports rely on inside sources that aren't going to be named.
    It all relies on the integrity of a journalist to consider the information and source as legit.

And most importantly: Is anything claimed here that outlandish?
    Because most of that can just be reached by putting one and one together.

You only need to tajke a look at Bellular's videos over the past year (no need to go further) to see he will do a video about anything with clickbait titles with little to no substance behind them, often based on him not even understanding what dataminers found and making up grand theories that almost always turn out to be wrong or on the tiniest or rumors and painting them as hard facts/truths.

Why would anyone put any faith into anything he says is beyond me.

Well of course random unnamed sources reached out to Bellular, who was in between videos 5 & 6 that day, if you didn't know he's a game dev.

Looks like Blizzard is facing the same thing that Bungie did.

Thankfully Bungie managed to get out of Activisions grip before they were suffocated completely.

Immediately afterwards Destiny 2 got mayor content releases, both new and old stuffs.

There's almost like there is a pattern here... Hope Blizzard ends up surviving.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Ohh shit, i better try and contact my friend then and tell him that hes fired and no longer need to go to work.
    You must have replied to the wrong post?
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

- let's get real everyone, classic needs #somechanges get over it.

Someone could take a dump in the bathroom at Blizzard HQ and Bellular would make a 20 minute video blabbering about the negative implications it has on WoW development. His videos have all become sensationalist clickbait nonsense. He's the definition of quantity being valued over quality. Even if you trust Bellular, he's not even verifying his source, he's openly saying he has no reason to trust it, so you're basically just trusting a random person on the internet. The fact he made a video out of some random, unverified person messaging him with vague information shows he has zero integrity as a journalist and will pump out videos at the slightest opportunity to farm clicks, and I'm sure his source knew this.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2020-01-19 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Bellular started off as solid wow content guy but turned himself to the youtube money the moment he had enough followers. So how is he any different from Activision?
    He actually has pretty decent content but his presentation is some of the most blatant clickbait I've seen on youtube in awhile. It's gotten worse over time. It's like...don't even bother watching the first 2-3 minutes of his videos.

I dont believe anything you have written here...just a need for attention.

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    The YouTuber needs clicks so he can get paid... of course he's going to do sketchy shit if he thinks he can get away with it, especially if he's got a legion of brainwashed minions to protect him from any criticism.
    THIS! Next to WoW he loves to talk about his views, check out my views... really all his videos are clickbait long videos of things you can read your self on this site or other WoW websites in a few minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    How far down the conspiracy-theory hole fo you have to be to think this is even a reasonable conclusion?
    Retail WoW's population is diminished, the amount of content released has decreased, and the amount of cosmetic purchases has increased. That follows the exact model which predated HOTS moving into maintenance mode. The Classic WoW bubble might inspire Blizzard to rebuild but since Shadowlands looks like the least amount of content of any expansion, I'd say they aren't particularly interested; cross your fingers, though.
    Matador (pseudonym) is a doctoral student focusing on cultural studies. Their primary research area is popular culture in digital spaces, particularly internet and gaming communities. MatadorMedia.org.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Source : dude trust me
    Easy way to tell it is fake is that the "800 layoffs" were in customer service, not development. The 800 people were the "game masters" who used to whisper you if you opened a ticket saying Billy was mean to you. Now-a-days they ignore the "Billy was mean to me" tickets and do the rest with chatbot AI, escalating to a real person only if you repeatedly reopen the ticket. Thus, they need much less headcount.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Easy way to tell it is fake is that the "800 layoffs" were in customer service, not development. The 800 people were the "game masters" who used to whisper you if you opened a ticket saying Billy was mean to you. Now-a-days they ignore the "Billy was mean to me" tickets and do the rest with chatbot AI, escalating to a real person only if you repeatedly reopen the ticket. Thus, they need much less headcount.
    0 game masters were laid off at Blizzard in those cuts.

No CS were laid off either: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ties/102342/30

"I’m sorry, Meowlena, while I am not at liberty to discuss recent events, you appear to be misinformed regarding our CS staffing. The reduction in force that we experienced took place back in 2012."
    Last edited by Factsbeforefeelings; 2020-01-19 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So? Oh no a company filed for a patent on a process that they use and can make money off of. Tech patents are valuable just for the rights of them being used and enforcing those rights. There is a reason why companies exist solely to sue over patents. And OW2 has just as much as the first. An expansion or "2" is literally the same thing. Who cares.

- - - Updated - - -

Because they get entertainment? Why is it bad to spend money when you want to? Every company wants to milk you for every penny you have. Very few will say "You know what we are good on money here is everything free from now on"
    So because they provide you with entertainment for a fee that means you need to defend their every action? Because you definitely do.

Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    Why do you guys keep bringing e-celebs and sub-celebrities here? They don't have inside info, they report on anything that might bring views and revenue to them.
    Because they were "right" about the Shadowlands...even though there was like a million leaks of various versions of Shadowlands even before they made their video?
    Hope, the greatest power of all!

#WithoutRespectWeReject

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    See these kinds of posts right here? This is why this sort of nebulous "anonymous insider info"-driven bullshit is dangerous.

People have drawn the conclusions they want to draw, so they'll believe spurious nonsense because it says the same thing they want to believe. They seek out only information that reinforces their preconceived beliefs, rather than seeking out all information to inform their beliefs.

This is how Trump gets elected, people.
    I mean it really isn't hard to understand what's going on at the end of this expansion.

• Extremely low effort world content.
    • Dailies take ages to complete.
    • Dailes clickable objects are no longer shared and have long respawn timers.
    • Rare mobs have insanely long respawn timers.
    • Low drop rates on all thing for Dailies.
    • Incredibly low rewards for Dailies. Including low rep rewards.
    • No emissaries for new reps.
    • Visions are time-gated upon time-gated upon time-gated. Can only enter 3 times a week.

The quality of 8.3 is lackluster at best. Let's hope the Raid is amazing. Because they cancelled 8.3.5.

It's not hard to discern that this content has been designed to waste your fucking time. They know it has to last 8-10 months so they made it slow and tedious. Why else have we gone back to non-shared world objects, long respawn times and drop rates that aren't 100% anymore?