Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Why do you guys keep bringing e-celebs and sub-celebrities here? They don't have inside info, they report on anything that might bring views and revenue to them.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I asked you to pinpoint at what point in the video that was stated.

Instead you're frankly being an ass, making assumption after assumption and accusing me of a bunch of nonsense.

And no I don't want the news to be true that the WoW dev team is in a horrible state right now.

Show me at what point in the video Bellular stated that...
    He said was talking to what he thought was a BLizz employee on discord and that he had no reason to believe it wasn't the truth. As it is, he has absolutely zero evidence to back up any of his claims and all he can say is "I heard it on discord". You automatically brought that here and trumpeted it as fact. That is irresponsible.

I trust Bellular as a reliable source who would not just make up having Blizzard employees reach out to him.
    Oh my sweet innocent child...

----

PS: I'm actually fairly upset at this news. I trust Bellular as a reliable source who would not just make up having Blizzard employees reach out to him. If you have evidence to the contrary, please feel free to share it as I find the truth and being honest about this very important. I don't want anyone to be deceived or misinformed.
    How is it we have to prove the youtuber is wrong? A youtuber goes out there to make claims that a blizzard employee said to him without verifying their identity and their evidence of what is being claimed? It is not on the community to provide information of said claims happen or didnt happen, its the youtuber's job to do that. We all know this is clickbait like most youtubers do.

Plus claiming they had 2 extra months, when they take most of December off like they do every year.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    He said was talking to what he thought was a BLizz employee on discord and that he had no reason to believe it wasn't the truth. As it is, he has absolutely zero evidence to back up any of his claims and all he can say is "I heard it on discord". You automatically brought that here and trumpeted it as fact. That is irresponsible.
    At what timestamp in the video...

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    How is it we have to prove the youtuber is wrong? A youtuber goes out there to make claims that a blizzard employee said to him without verifying their identity and their evidence of what is being claimed? It is not on the community to provide information of said claims happen or didnt happen, its the youtuber's job to do that. We all know this is clickbait like most youtubers do.

Plus claiming they had 2 extra months, when they take most of December off like they do every year.
    The thing is, nothing that he says is wrong because it is all public knowledge. He is educated and anyone with ANY business/finance background (I'm sure he has degrees in this field) saw this ages ago. In the video he is just piecing it together because A LOT of people don't understand how to interpret all the publicly available information surrounding WHY Acti-Blizzard is a toilet company that constantly looks for ways to cut corner/ increase profits / please the shareholders.

If they can Cut out say a million $ in Expenses and only take a hit of say 500k in revenue from subs for delivering poor quality products... that's a Win/Win. On Paper they just saved 500k in expenses. This on "Financial Statements" provided to the Shareholders looks like a 500k increase in PROFIT which means that they get more money. They don't care HOW Acti-Blizz did it, they just care that they just made more profit and that's a win.

blizzard didn't lay of 800 people they that was part activuison part blizzard, if such basic info is wrong then its safe to say its all made up.

At what timestamp in the video...
    He said these thins almost right off the bat. He claims he heard these things on dioscord. He then makes claims with zero evidence to back it up.

We are done here. You obviously refuse to admit this is unsubstantiated despite the fact he provides zero actual evidnce to back up his claims.

Jesus, this is the world we live in now. Where we consider random people on the internet reliable. You can't be this naive.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenstorm View Post
    The thing is, nothing that he says is wrong because it is all public knowledge. He is educated and anyone with ANY business/finance background (I'm sure he has degrees in this field) saw this ages ago. In the video he is just piecing it together because A LOT of people don't understand how to interpret all the publicly available information surrounding WHY Acti-Blizzard is a toilet company that constantly looks for ways to cut corner/ increase profits / please the shareholders.

If they can Cut out say a million $ in Expenses and only take a hit of say 500k in revenue from subs for delivering poor quality products... that's a Win/Win. On Paper they just saved 500k in expenses. This on "Financial Statements" provided to the Shareholders looks like a 500k increase in PROFIT which means that they get more money. They don't care HOW Acti-Blizz did it, they just care that they just made more profit and that's a win.
    Except that is now what he is doing at all. He is claiming he heard all this stuff on discord and is "interpreting" all the "information" to push a narrative just as you are. He has ZERO evidence to back ANY of his claims.

He said these thins almost right off the bat. He claims he heard these things on dioscord. He then makes claims with zero evidence to back it up.

We are done here. You obviously refuse to admit this is unsubstantiated despite the fact he provides zero actual evidnce to back up his claims.
    So you're just making it up that it was someone on Discord who told it to him.

You're projecting your own dishonesty on me.

If you can't timestamp your claim, you should've shut up. You're being dishonest and misleading people at this point, in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Except that is now what he is doing at all. He is claiming he heard all this stuff on discord and is "interpreting" all the "information" to push a narrative just as you are. He has ZERO evidence to back ANY of his claims.
    And you have zero evidence that he just heard it on discord...

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Jesus, this is the world we live in now. Where we consider random people on the internet reliable. You can't be this naive.
    Well its working since people are stating this as facts in guild chat and trade chat.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    It's nto being naive. It's confirmation bias. People will believe anything that fits their narrative of Blizzard, Activision, and WoW.

Well its working since people are stating this as facts in guild chat and trade chat.
    Cynicism isn't evidence in itself.

At this point the people who don't want to believe the source are just doing it because they don't want to believe the source. Going out from the assumption that Bellular is unreliable. Personally, I don't see have any reason not to trust Bellular. He has been factual in the past and has a professional reputation.

They make most of their money off of expansions. If they could make every content patch an expansion, they probably would. Not only for the down payment but also for the subscription boost. They've also publicly stated that they wanted to accelerate expansion release to every year (hasn't happened yet).

We've known all of these pieces for a long time and I have no doubt that Blizzard/Activision executives are aware of the landscape as well. With recent changes in leadership at Blizzard it's not unreasonable for these concepts to surface.

I don't see why it even matters. Whether Activision or Blizzard are calling the shots, they're delivering a subpar product.

I guess some people just take comfort in the fantasy that everything wrong with the game is the fault of big bad Activision and maybe there's hope Blizz could somehow get out from under their thumb and then everything would be great again, but obviously that's not going to happen.

Well, yeah because it fits the "Activision is evil" narrative that many players blindly believe in. That is why Bellular and people of his ilk do it. Negativity sells.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Bellular started off as solid wow content guy but turned himself to the youtube money the moment he had enough followers. So how is he any different from Activision?
    Honestly, I think it's more that the dude decided to create his own content creation company and now he has employees he's gotta bankroll. Should've just kept the shit to himself so he wouldn't feel compelled to create heavily editorialized content to keep himself afloat.

OT: Little bit of Column A, little bit of Column B. Obviously there are issues at Blizzard but pinning all the blame on Activision for axing QC roles seems a bit extreme. There is definitely something to be said about developers needing to focus time on broken content taking away from the development of new content. And there is something to be said about corporate deadlines which may force developers to release a product in a state they're unhappy with. This really seems to be part of the "patch it later" philosophy that has been adapted in recent years by developers, though there may be evidence that gamers are generally bucking this trend by supporting developers who decide to delay games in order to polish them. (See: FFVII remake and DooM: Eternal.)

The bottom line is that eventually this behavior will erode good will of the playerbase to the point where it's harder to justify supporting the company. I don't think we've reached the tipping point yet but BfA has certainly proven to us that Blizzard is not the same development company in 2020 that they were just a decade ago.

So you're just making it up that it was someone on Discord who told it to him.

You're projecting your own dishonesty on me.

If you can't timestamp your claim, you should've shut up. You're being dishonest and misleading people at this point, in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

And you have zero evidence that he just heard it on discord...
    its 1:34 where he says hes geting his info form discord.

well if bfa is what comes should they let them develop content im glad theyre preventing them.