Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    I don't see why it even matters. Whether Activision or Blizzard are calling the shots, they're delivering a subpar product.

I guess some people just take comfort in the fantasy that everything wrong with the game is the fault of big bad Activision and maybe there's hope Blizz could somehow get out from under their thumb and then everything would be great again, but obviously that's not going to happen.
    Your opinion. YOur opinion is not fact. What you think is subpar others think is great. Projection of opinion doesn't make it fact either.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Well, yeah because it fits the "Activision is evil" narrative that many players blindly believe in. That is why Bellular and people of his ilk do it. Negativity sells.
    You want to know something?

I actually never believed the "Activision is evil" narrative, up until now.
    I also have no "confirmation bias" as I actually want the game to be good. I want WoW to be a great game, since I play it daily and have been for the past few years. I absolutely get upset when I hear stuff mentioned by Bellular in the video...

And currently the only confirmation bias I see here is from your end... You're just assuming that his source isn't reliable, you're just making up that he just heard it on Discord (without ever substantiating or timestamping it while I would be more than willing to receive that evidence).

You are spamming this thread going: "It's not true! It's not true! Believe me! It's not true!" without having anything to back up your claims. You're being fanatically dishonest right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    I don't see why it even matters. Whether Activision or Blizzard are calling the shots, they're delivering a subpar product.

I guess some people just take comfort in the fantasy that everything wrong with the game is the fault of big bad Activision and maybe there's hope Blizz could somehow get out from under their thumb and then everything would be great again, but obviously that's not going to happen.
    It kind of does matter because there are people that are under the assumption (including the OP) that anything bad with WoW is because of Activision and anything good is because of Blizzard in spite of Activision.
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    So you're just making it up that it was someone on Discord who told it to him.

You're projecting your own dishonesty on me.

If you can't timestamp your claim, you should've shut up. You're being dishonest and misleading people at this point, in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

And you have zero evidence that he just heard it on discord...
    1:34. Again we are done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    its 1:34 where he says hes geting his info form discord.
    "People who are in the business of development and who are in the right discords will know that the WoW team currently is heavily behind schedule," - that is still a very long shot away from the claim being made by some in this thread that the Blizzard Employee that reached out to him was just some random guy chatting on discord...

Sadly, looks like WoW is on its way into maintenance mode. Just like HOTS before it, there will be a limited team designated to minor improvements and releases. I think WoW is already in this mode, honestly, but Blizzard is just too afraid to announce it because of the drop-off in subs which would occur. Shame.
    Doctoral student in the Digital Humanities. Expertise in human behavior, internet culture, new media studies, and pop culture politics. Web: MatadorMedia.org.

Dude, you're so insanely dishonest. If you're done here, then leave the thread instead of spamming it.

His statement at 1:34 does not make his claim that Blizzard employees reached out to him with this information any less true at 1:34 the only thing he says is:

"People who are in the business of development and who are in the right discords will know that the WoW team currently is heavily behind schedule."

The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    You want to know something?

I actually never believed the "Activision is evil" narrative, up until now.
    I also have no "confirmation bias" as I actually want the game to be good. I want WoW to be a great game, since I play it daily and have been for the past few years. I absolutely get upset when I hear stuff mentioned by Bellular in the video...

And currently the only confirmation bias I see here is from your end... You're just assuming that his source isn't reliable, you're just making up that he just heard it on Discord (without ever substantiating or timestamping it while I would be more than willing to receive that evidence).

You are spamming this thread going: "It's not true! It's not true! Believe me! It's not true!" without having anything to back up your claims. You're being fanatically dishonest right now.
    "i didnt beleive the activision is evil narritive until someone who likely is a random person from the internet made up a bunch of shit."

People are praising CD projekt red for delaying their game, while meanwhile ignoring that means 6 more months of them forcing their devs to work insane amounts of overtime, like the yhave for years, while people ignore it cause "but they make good games"

Yeah, if you treat your employees like shit, its easier to get good games out, look to riot. oh sexual abuse and sexisim? eh who the fuck cares, league is great!

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, you're so insanely dishonest. If you're done here, then leave the thread instead of spamming it.

His statement at 1:34 does not make his claim that Blizzard employees reached out to him with this information any less true at 1:34 the only thing he says is:

"People who are in the business of development and who are in the right discords will know that the WoW team currently is heavily behind schedule."
    yeah no, blizz employees dont just pop into public discords to talk about how horribly behind the game is and how shit the company is, that doesent happen.
    idk if you follow bell on twitter, but hes been on a "blizz is shit" fest for a bit now, stating stuff that is right out not true to push that the company is bad, all while pushing how he as a game dev is so much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

Quote Originally Posted by MatadorMedia View Post
    Sadly, looks like WoW is on its way into maintenance mode. Just like HOTS before it, there will be a limited team designated to minor improvements and releases. I think WoW is already in this mode, honestly, but Blizzard is just too afraid to announce it because of the drop-off in subs which would occur. Shame.
    Nowhere close to true.

Just throwing it out there dude, it seems like you're conflating his admission that the guy who contacted him about the loot from Horrific Visions "bug" may not have actually been a legitimate member of Blizzard's QA team with prior statements that Bellular likes to source as "his close friends at Blizzard." Whether you believe he has legitimate sources at Blizzard is entirely up to you but I usually give the guy the benefit of the doubt since he does try to approach things from a pragmatic viewpoint for the most part. Obviously some of his content is editorialized but as I said in my previous reply I think that's more a result of him trying to keep his company in business than it is him intentionally misleading his audience.

"People who are in the business of development and who are in the right discords will know that the WoW team currently is heavily behind schedule," - that is still a very long shot away from the claim being made by some in this thread that the Blizzard Employee that reached out to him was just some random guy chatting on discord...
    i wouldn't call it a reach as its pretty safe to say he doesn't have access to a dev only discord that no one else knows about.

I mean, this can all be a speculation but that 8.3 is buggy as hell and Shadowlands is low on features are both facts. This is simply a logical explanation as to why.

Vanilla purist.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah no, blizz employees dont just pop into public discords to talk about how horribly behind the game is and how shit the company is, that doesent happen.
    idk if you follow bell on twitter, but hes been on a "blizz is shit" fest for a bit now, stating stuff that is right out not true to push that the company is bad, all while pushing how he as a game dev is so much better.
    I think you're just biased, tbh.

I've watched plenty of his videos and never does he just make up random stuff. He always reliable sources his claims - and whenever he comes out with statements such as these about Blizzard employees stating things they have been true. It also was not just some blizz employee popping in a random public discord... You guys are putting in way too much effort to try and twist the facts here.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah no, blizz employees dont just pop into public discords to talk about how horribly behind the game is and how shit the company is, that doesent happen. idk if you follow bell on twitter, but hes been on a "blizz is shit" fest for a bit now, stating stuff that is right out not true to push that the company is bad, all while pushing how he as a game dev is so much better.
    Exactly. The only discords they will go into is private ones with other BLizz employees as being in a public one and doing that would be a great way to lose ones job.

Cynicism isn't evidence in itself.

At this point the people who don't want to believe the source are just doing it because they don't want to believe the source. Going out from the assumption that Bellular is unreliable. Personally, I don't see have any reason not to trust Bellular. He has been factual in the past and has a professional reputation.
    https://youtu.be/JzbP3P6mP0Y?t=129 (I heard from few sources, no sources given)
    https://youtu.be/JzbP3P6mP0Y?t=86 (Apparently you just have to be on the right discords to know Blizzard is behind, allegedly)
    https://youtu.be/JzbP3P6mP0Y?t=190 (Blizzard axing CM's lead to significant less development time, for some reason. But let's forget the fact that they actively increased developers working on games by 20%)
    The number of developers working on Call of Duty, Candy Crush, Overwatch, Warcraft®, Hearthstone and Diablo® in aggregate will increase approximately 20% over the course of 2019.
    https://youtu.be/JzbP3P6mP0Y?t=200 (Using CM's getting laid off as a metric for other people's increased work load. It doesn't work as cookie cutter as that)

This is just from the first 5 minutes. I'm not gonna bother with him trying to shoehorn Infinite Stars nerf as a "OH LOOK! THAT FUCKING Q&A IS SO DOGSHIT, UNDERDEVELOPED GAME, MY GAWD" because he tries at every single turn to feed you his biased views on the company. This game has ALWAYS had bad Q&A, even if they had 400 monkeys in the Q&A it would STILL suffer great bugs and exploits.

Exactly. The only discords they will go into is private ones with other BLizz employees as being in a public one and doing that would be a great way to lose ones job.
    Nobody is claiming that it was stated in a public discord by some random dude.

That is a fantasy that you and a few others are making up to try and make the claims seem dishonest or unsourced.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    I mean, this can all be a speculation but that 8.3 is buggy as hell and Shadowlands is low on features are both facts. This is simply a logical explanation as to why.
    The latter is not facts. That is your opinion. It is not a logical explanation. It is unsubstantiated claims.

Quote Originally Posted by MatadorMedia View Post
    WoW as a whole isn't going into maintenance mode but it does kind of seem like they're giving BfA something of a viking funeral by letting it burn the whole fucking thing to the ground before releasing SL.

Doubt it, BFA is probably one of the most finished expansion packs & i don't see how it's any more buggy than any other expac either. People get too nostalgic & don't want to admit or are even aware how much content was scrapped from Vanilla, TBC & Wotlk, game development can be like that.

I expect if BFA was more successful, they would have done more one warfront (probably silvermoon or bilgewater) & maybe one more duo of allied races in 8.3.5, Plunder Isle might have snuck in there too but i feel like the devs thought the pirate theme was done in kul tiras already. anyway it makes sense for them to move on to Shadowlands, hopefully they get it out early this time, maybe in June or July.

Also Belluars views have been going down a lot since his 8.2 days, so i expect hes willing to believe these 4chan/discord leaks to try & get his views up again.
    Last edited by pinglong; 2020-01-18 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    https://youtu.be/JzbP3P6mP0Y?t=129 (I heard from few sources, no sources given)
    https://youtu.be/JzbP3P6mP0Y?t=86 (Apparently you just have to be on the right discords to know Blizzard is behind, allegedly)
    https://youtu.be/JzbP3P6mP0Y?t=190 (Blizzard axing CM's lead to significant less development time, for some reason. But let's forget the fact that they actively increased developers working on games by 20%)
    https://youtu.be/JzbP3P6mP0Y?t=200 (Using CM's getting laid off as a metric for other people's increased work load. It doesn't work as cookie cutter as that)
    1st example: Sure, he states that he he heard from various different sources the same claims. The sources were not sourced, but the claim that he heard it from various different sources could be adding credence to his views.
    2nd example: This alludes to him having insider knowledge. Could be true, could not be true.
    3rd example: QA people are not CMs... QA people are testers, internal bug testers and people who pick up bugs and follow it through until fix before a live version is deployed. Without QA testers you're going to have lots of bugs: example 8.3

I'm still not seeing any clear evidence to distrust Bellular's claims (beyond him stating he has internal sources a few times).