Page 1 of 55
... LastLast

Blizzard Employees: "Activision prevents us from developing WoW content..."

It appears as if people's fear that Activision calls all the shots is more true than anyone would've dared hope.

Blizzard employees have reached out to Bellular to explain the situation:

A foreword in case you don't know who Bellular is: This is not just some random youtuber. This is someone with a known reputation for having inside contacts at Blizzard or at the very least who is has close friendships with some of the WoW developers as shows from their interactions at Blizzcon. He has a long history of reliable journalism when it comes to Blizzard news.

Blizzard employees contacted him to state the following:
    - 8.3.5 and possibly other BFA content got axed because Activision told them to pack it up and start developing Shadowlands
    - Activision was behind the decision to have Blizzard lay off 800 employees last year
    - This loss of employees caused 8.3 to deliver with tons of bugs and much less content than we're used to from a patch -despite- receiving 1-2 extra months development time
    - Shadowlands has less features than previous expansion because of WoW's dev team lack of resources
    - WoW team is heavily understaffed, lacking resources, having to pull away from development time just to do extra bug fixing and quality assurance. Morale is super low.
    - Activision calls the shots on what content gets developed in WoW or not

Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzbP3P6mP0Y

This pisses me off tbh. Just another company getting ruined by corporate money-grubbing culture.

----

PS: I'm actually fairly upset at this news. I trust Bellular as a reliable source who would not just make up having Blizzard employees reach out to him. If you have evidence to the contrary, please feel free to share it as I find the truth and being honest about this very important. I don't want anyone to be deceived or misinformed.
    [B]

----

Post-Thread update by Bellular:

Start of Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVbCQndqRLY

Bellular confirms the findings stated in the OP :
    - He confirms having internal sources, who told him about these things including knowing about the lay-offs at Blizzard long before they happened
    - He tried to be "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" about it, but now wishes to clarify he is protecting his anonymous sources
    - 8.3.5 being cancelled is a FACT, as that is obvious from plenty of content that has been datamined.
    - The WoW development team has their hands strapped by the higher-ups from Activision-Blizzard
    - Whether you believe him or not, that is up to you, but he has his reliable sources
    - "Accept reality and deal with it". He has his principles, he might make videos with spicy titles, but his main priority is the truth and factual reporting

Edit 2:
    Meanwhile, Preach is also coming out and confirming that his own Blizzard sources are acknowledging what was stated in the OP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mROuydZZ708

Furthermore, he's reporting being "very afraid for the state of Shadowlands" - calling it: "BfA 2.0", worried that Shadowlands might keep adhering to a lot of design philosophies of BfA, because there isn't enough time foreseen for the developers to change up the game or systems much with a forced 2020 release.
    Last edited by Rochana; 2020-01-22 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    It appears as if people's fear that Activision calls all the shots is more true than anyone would've dared hope.

- 8.3.5 and possibly other BFA content got axed because Activision told them to pack it up and start developing Shadowlands
    - Activision was behind the decision to have Blizzard lay off 800 employees last year
    - This loss of employees caused 8.3 to deliver with tons of bugs and much less content than we're used to from a patch -despite- receiving 1-2 extra months development time
    - Shadowlands has less features than previous expansion because of WoW's dev team lack of resources
    - WoW team is heavily understaffed, lacking resources, having to pull away from development time just to do extra bug fixing and quality assurance. Morale is super low.

This pisses me off tbh. Just another company getting ruined by corporate money-grubbing culture.
    Source : dude trust me

OF cousre what you fail to mention is that the guy amits he doesn't even know if it really is a Blizz employee who is talking to him. So, trying to pass this off as fact is completely dishonest by you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Source : dude trust me
    The guy in the video even admits he can't prove it was actually a Blizz employee talking to him as he was randomly approached in chat on Discord. OP is being dishonest.

Bellular started off as solid wow content guy but turned himself to the youtube money the moment he had enough followers. So how is he any different from Activision?

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    OF cousre what you fail to mention is that the guy amits he doesn't even know if it really is a Blizz employee who is talking to him. So, trying to pass this off as fact is completely dishonest by you.

- - - Updated - - -

HTe guy in the video even admits he can't prove it was actually a Blizz employee as it was a rndom chat on Discord. OP is being dishonest.
    Can you pinpoint at which point in the video that is stated?

It seems contrary to the opening statement of the video: "A blizzard employee reached out to me." - and I can't find what you are claiming.

I'm not trying to be dishonest, and I hope you are not either.

I'm actually relatively upset at this news. Bellular also does not strike me as someone who would make this up.

Things anyone who's ever experienced corporate culture already knew or figured out. Can't wait to see the paid shills rush in to assure us none of this is true, it's all one big happy family, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I'll buy an Anduin shirt if Delaryn doesn't end up betraying Sylvanas by the end of the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Can you pinpoint at which point in the video that is stated?

It seems contrary to the opening statement of the video: "A blizzard employee reached out to me." - and I can't find what you are claiming.

I'm not trying to be dishonest, and I hope you are not either.
    The title of the video was never said and the guy in the video can't even prove he was talking to a BLzz employee.

No actual evidence presented.

Also, Blizzard is perfectly capable of mismanaging stuff on their own (as the last ~2 years have shown), linking every fuckup to Activision is just eyeroll at this point. And there sure are a lot of fuckups.
    R5 3600 | Noctua NH-D14 | Asus ROG Strix B350-F | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz CL15 | Asus GTX 1060 Strix | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Seasonic M12II Evo 620W | NZXT S340-B
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Do you guys not have phones?!

The title of the video was never said and the guy in the video can't even prove he was talking to a BLzz employee.
    So you're just making this up yourself that it was made up?

You are obviously free to distrust Bellular, but I personally feel like he wouldn't just lie or make up having a Blizzard employee reach out to him...

Herald of the Titans

You are obviously free to distrust Bellular, but I personally feel like he wouldn't just lie or make up having a Blizzard employee reach out to him...
    we're not saying Bellular is the one who is lying. Someone could've reached out to him pretending to be a Blizzard employee.

Layoffs are usually corporate decision so why would anyone expect anyone but Activision to make that decision.
    8.3.5 was never planned, this was stated by Ion already last year.
    Tons of bugs? There have been a few bugs just like there have been every single content patch.

Activision calling the shots
    So is this Activision Blizzard or just Activision that is subsidiary to Activision Blizzard? Who called the shots before? How is this actually different from before? If this is on the video then its too bad because I'm not giving that little shit any views for being clickbait as he is.

I am not making anything up. He outright admitted in the video that he can't prove he was actually talking to a Blizz employee. OF course, it never occurs to you that the person who claims to be from Blizzard is the one who is lying. Both have ample motive to lie and you are exhibit A why. The fact that you took his unsubstantiated claims as automatic fact despite his admission he can't prove it was a Blizz employee talking to him and linking his video gets him more people to watch, giving him more views and more money meaning motive to lie. It is quite irresponsible of you passing off unsubstantiated claims as fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    we're not saying Bellular is the one who is lying. Someone could've reached out to him pretending to be a Blizzard employee.
    Exactly. He can't prove he was talking to a Blizz employee, yet OP automatically thinks it is 100% fact. As it is, it was very irresponsible for Bellular to put it out without even trying to see if it actually was a Blizz employee he was talking to.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2020-01-18 at 03:15 AM.

some of these could very well be true,but what proves this to be fake(bell even said he doesnt know if its true as some random just said this),is how he said activison has control of actual ingame development?yeah,thats no way the case

Well, the youtuber who posted it has no credible source.

There are currently NO PLANS FOR A PATCH 8.3.5..
    There may be some small systems tweaks or updates for stability between now and Shadowlands, however.

I'm the last guy that will defend the abomination that Blizzard has become, but let me play the devil's advocate here for a moment... consider this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitchens%27s_razor This is the problem with all the clickbait videos.
    R5 3600 | Noctua NH-D14 | Asus ROG Strix B350-F | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz CL15 | Asus GTX 1060 Strix | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Seasonic M12II Evo 620W | NZXT S340-B
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Do you guys not have phones?!

PS: I'm actually fairly upset at this news. I trust Bellular as a reliable source who would not just make up having Blizzard employees reach out to him. If you have evidence to the contrary, please feel free to share it as I find the truth and being honest about this very important. I don't want anyone to be deceived or misinformed.
    Of course you do because it is exactly what you want to hear as it is the narrative you want to be true. Confirmation bias at work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I'm the last guy that will defend the abomination that Blizzard has become, but let me play the devil's advocate here for a moment... consider this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitchens%27s_razor This is the problem with all the clickbait videos.
    To be fair, Bellular does admit that he can't prove it was a Blizz employee that he was talking to an admits that it might be untrue. So, I don't take issue with him telling what he was told. It's people like the OP who ignore that part and try to trumpet what he said as fact that are in the wrong.

To be fair, Bellular does admit that he can't prove it was a Blizz employee that he was talking to an admits that it might be untrue. So, I don't take issue with him telling what he was told. It's people like the OP who ignore that part and try to trumpet what he said as fact that are in the wrong.
    I asked you to pinpoint at what point in the video that was stated.

Instead you're frankly being an ass, making assumption after assumption and accusing me of a bunch of nonsense.

And no I don't want the news to be true that the WoW dev team is in a horrible state right now.

Show me at what point in the video Bellular stated that...

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    No actual evidence presented.

Also, Blizzard is perfectly capable of mismanaging stuff on their own (as some expansions like TBC, Cata and WoD have shown), linking every fuckup to Activision is just eyeroll at this point. And there sure are a lot of fuckups.
    FTFY
    BfA is not any less good than either TBC or WoD
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    azshara whispers: if you're nice to me, I might let you bang me.
    Quote Originally Posted by lordatomsk View Post
    Bitch you need to go eat a fucking bullet you fucking cunt

Everyone with any bit of Business knowledge KNEW when the merger happened it would mean that the quality coming from Blizzard would plummet. The shareholders control the show and Activision "HAS NO CHOICE" to please them. If they are sitting there seeing WOW Sub numbers declining they will break out the whip and tell the dev's to "Make content faster to get that profit share up".

The whole merger was totally based off the reputation of Blizzard and they got used to pull in revenue. Don't blame Activision either... people get this wrong. The sellouts that RAN Blizzard - Are the reason this happened. All those "Respected" Dev's that people praise are the ones to blame. THEY made the decision to merge and that decision most certainly came with higher Salaries/Benefits/Bonus's for THOSE already at the top in Blizzard. Guess where those people are now? Sitting on millions of Dollars PAYED to them to merge the company. They don't give a shit what happens because they got out at the perfect time. This didn't happen by fluke.

If you still want to Blame Activision - Sure.. they are ruining the company now, but those that signed that contract to Merge Blizzard and Activision are the real reason the company is in the state it is now. They wanted to be able to retire and they couldn't do it as the company was, Activision payed them out and the price the owners payed was the Blizzard brand. The moment that merger happened - the brand died and was used as a whore to boost Activision back to being competitive in the gaming market.

----

Bellular is way to inaccurate in way too many videos for him to be even watched anymore much less be trusted. I could see him totally stretching the truth for clicks. Or even exaggerating. Why would a blizz employee reach out to him and not someone more known in the community if they really wanted this out? Feels a little fishy. Who knows what this employee is either. I know all sort of dumb shit get started. This could be a gm who heard someone speculating would COULD happen and then ran with it.

That being said I wouldn't doubt this to be true. But since I can't trust any of it I have to treat it all as speculation and move on with my day.