New char with close to zero transmogs available?

So, I just got back to wow after another long brake.

Starting fresh, new server and faction, so thinking this is the problem?

I created a paladin, and I have old plate-chars that has massive amounts of plate and 1h/2h items, close to none are available for the new char.
    I logged on to both of em, to make sure they can see their transmogs and its all there..
    Do I need to faction-change one of em from horde to alliance to ”trigger” the items for my new char?

Confused.

You probably have to level him up a bit to "unlock" the transmogs.

I'd guess that the bulk majority of your available transmogs are level restricted. They should show up once you hit the level that you could've equipped them.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coffebreak View Post
    So, I just got back to wow after another long brake.

Starting fresh, new server and faction, so thinking this is the problem?

I created a paladin, and I have old plate-chars that has massive amounts of plate and 1h/2h items, close to none are available for the new char.
    I logged on to both of em, to make sure they can see their transmogs and its all there..
    Do I need to faction-change one of em from horde to alliance to ”trigger” the items for my new char?

Confused.
    You unlock transmog based on their own level of availability. Like stuff from TBC will unlock when you reach 60, something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    You unlock transmog based on their own level of availability. Like stuff from TBC will unlock when you reach 60, something along those lines.
    Ah ok, well that makes sense, I could see like tier-1, TF and such, didnt consider lvl 60 items being available but not 70 etc for a lvl 20.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coffebreak View Post
    Ah ok, well that makes sense, I could see like tier-1, TF and such, didnt consider lvl 60 items being available but not 70 etc for a lvl 20.

Thanks
    It's based on the level scaling formula

1-60 (Transmogs unlocked on 1)
    60-80 (Transmogs unlocked on 58)
    80-90 (Transmogs unlocked on 78)
    90-100 (Transmogs unlocked on 85)
    100-110 (Transmogs unlocked on 98)
    110-120 (Transmogs unlocked on 110) - Could be 108 that the transmogs get unlocked but I'm not sure as I never paid attention to it, rest should be correct though as that's usually when I swap my sets around when leveling.

If you go to the appearances tab of your collections using Shift+P you'll see what transmogs you have available, which you have unlocked and when they become available as well as everything else you don't have unlocked yet.