Thread: disney blizzard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I absolutely hated the direction they were taking Jaina, but if BfA did one thing right, it was righting that wrong. I still think she needs to cool it, but at least she's not absolutely mental like she was during the end of MoP and since.

As far as making it into a movie, idk. I feel like they'd just fuck it up and do something stupid (like make another live action movie for some stupid reason). Taking an originally animated/not live action thing and making it live action tends to ruin it (Mario Bros, Avatar Last Airbender, idk the fucking WARCRAFT movie?).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is still rated for ages 13+.

Handwaving the word Disney around doesn't mean anything.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Its not new that Blizzard takes inspiration from other media. Arthas/Lich King is a lot like Anakin/Darth Vader and Thrall borrows a lot of his character from Thor. I like to think that they pulled Varian straight out of an anime.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Not to mention the fact Zandalar was literally a huge wakanda reference (black panther owned by disney).
    Nah... this I disagree with. Now you are looking to much in it.

Dont over do it

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Not to mention the fact Zandalar was literally a huge wakanda reference (black panther owned by disney).
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Nah... this I disagree with. Now you are looking to much in it.

Dont over do it
    Other than the 'Zandalar Forever!' thing, I don't really see it either
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

warcrafts writing has always been crap, full of references and rip-offs. even wc3 which people consider to have "good story" is a crappy rip-off.

Well, blizzards writing always is about the fallen-angel plot. Be it Arthas, be it Kil'Jaden, it is always about good people becoming baddies.

And it is always ending in defeating them.
    Last edited by yogdadoolin; 2020-01-19 at 03:32 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Given Blizzard's strong tendency to write either bloodthirsty baddies or Mary Sue's (sometimes both at the same time lawl), Jaina is a remarkable example of restraint - at least when compared to the likes of Sylvie or Manduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    Not it wasnt. a mighty mage like her thrown into jail like a disruptive teen at the start of bfa is surely NOT good writing.
    i love how you only look at power and not at emotions. she chose to let her mother decide out of guilt. if she wanted to just overthrow the kultiran government, she probably could've done it alone. saurfang was bad writing, jaina was actually pretty good.

I liked the story for the Alliance side for BfA. The Horde side, not so much. If Disney took over WoW in some capacity, I'd probably still play. But I'm open minded like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Yeah, Jaina is such a Disney princess. Launching an assault of an enemy capital city which led to many civilian casualties, actually killing people who were not villains, look what an adorable princess she is:

Can't wait to see Elsa bring war and destruction to the Southern Isles in Frozen 3.
    Now thats a Frozen movie I'd watch lol

Not it wasnt. a mighty mage like her thrown into jail like a disruptive teen at the start of bfa is surely NOT good writing.
    Anyone can be thrown in jail if they don't fight back. If you're going to complain about writing at least find a credible example.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Anyone can be thrown in jail if they don't fight back. If you're going to complain about writing at least find a credible example.
    when a grown woman behaves like a teen its not good writing...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the story telling. What bothers me in WoW is when there isn't meaningful content. If the best thing in each tier patch is the raid/new season for m+/PvP, then there isn't really much to keep people around. I'll play Ny'alotha for a few months, but unless it's knock your socks off entertaining, I just don't see myself continuing.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

How did she behave like a teen? Did you miss the fact that she ACCEPTED the judgement of her mother because she was consumed by guilt?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Yeah. Choosing her friends who she thought could be better than they were in the past over her father who died because of it. Then having that faith completely destroyed year after year. Returning home only to find you're public enemy number one. And being disowned and sent to die by your own mother. Yeah. She totally had the willpower to fight back and kill her own people. It's called the despair event horizon.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.