Thread: disney blizzard

Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    disney blizzard

    BFA Jaina storyline is like Disney writing
    and many people liked it. Do you want all characters to be written like this?

    lol this photo is on official warcraft twitter

  2. #2
    BFA Jaina was good, really. I was afraid they would ruin her completely with that Warbringers intro and such, but thankfully she got fixed and done well at that one.

    Heck, I'd say that's a first for WoW, where many notable characters have a pattern of going mad and destroying everyone who follows them and themselves. Glad to see one character finally making it and steering clear of that ultimate path.

  3. #3
    I just like Jaina, so any story line with her in it I like.

    Although Disney is pretty popular and they do have some awesome movies, so storylines being "Disney like" isn't really a bad thing tbh

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    BFA Jaina was good, really.
    Not it wasnt. a mighty mage like her thrown into jail like a disruptive teen at the start of bfa is surely NOT good writing.

  5. #5
    Yeah, Jaina is such a Disney princess. Launching an assault of an enemy capital city which led to many civilian casualties, actually killing people who were not villains, look what an adorable princess she is:



    Can't wait to see Elsa bring war and destruction to the Southern Isles in Frozen 3.

    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    Not it wasnt. a mighty mage like her thrown into jail like a disruptive teen at the start of bfa is surely NOT good writing.
    You left out the part where she said she accepted the judgement of her mother.
    How could I ever have loved someone so weak? Let us hope Arator did not inherit your cowardice.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    Not it wasnt. a mighty mage like her thrown into jail like a disruptive teen at the start of bfa is surely NOT good writing.
    Oh sod it with you "not good writing" - you lot could not fucking write bloody three coherent sentences if your life depended on it, yet suddenly everyone is an acclaimed literature critic here.

    Pray tell, should Kul Tirans have showered her with flowers and welcomed with open arms after what she did to them? She's literally a traitor and if anything - she got off too easy overall.

    There are a lot of things in BfA that make people rightfully raise their eyebrow, but her being jailed is not one of them.

  7. #7
    They are jokingly embracing our constant reminder of how Jaina looks like Elsa now.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

  8. #8
    Pit Lord msdos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    2,434
    Jaina looks constipated 24/7.

  9. #9
    i think you're exaggerating OP and since your post/thread history is that of just shitting on anduin and every other narrative "folly" you see, i don't have a problem with it being this way.

  10. #10
    Personally I was expecting Rexxar to die but it was enough to show her Thrall to resolve the storyline.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Oh sod it with you "not good writing" - you lot could not fucking write bloody three coherent sentences if your life depended on it, yet suddenly everyone is an acclaimed literature critic here.
    Pray tell, should Kul Tirans have showered her with flowers and welcomed with open arms after what she did to them? She's literally a traitor and if anything - she got off too easy overall.
    so you think its good writing - first showing her as full powerfull mage at the uc fight with her own deathship and then get thrown into jail by her mom like a misbehaving teen?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    so you think its good writing - first showing her as full powerfull mage at the uc fight with her own deathship and then get thrown into jail by her mom like a misbehaving teen?
    If you bothered just a bit to actually open your eyes and ears on the launch of expansion - you'd realize that Alliance was seeking Kul Tirans as allies and for their fleet. Alliance did not send Jaina there to start a bloody war and destroy said fleet in process while laying waste to the would-be allies. Or what? She should have gone in guns blazing? That would be a good writing?

    I am not even starting with Jaina feeling a clear regret over the whole Proudmoore thing - you bloody see that in Warbringers - she literally says that. Of course she would agree to pay for her crimes and she did, she also went in full well knowing what expected her - you had the damn conversation in Anduin's throne room just before departure.

    Sheesh, what's with you people, it's as if you did not pay attention to basic plot.

  13. #13
    Merely a Setback Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having a beer with dad'hardt
    Posts
    26,242
    Anduins a Disney Princess
    #boycottchina

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Oh sod it with you "not good writing" - you lot could not fucking write bloody three coherent sentences if your life depended on it, yet suddenly everyone is an acclaimed literature critic here.

    Pray tell, should Kul Tirans have showered her with flowers and welcomed with open arms after what she did to them? She's literally a traitor and if anything - she got off too easy overall.

    There are a lot of things in BfA that make people rightfully raise their eyebrow, but her being jailed is not one of them.
    These people think the writing in WC3 and earlier was good.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    If you bothered just a bit to actually open your eyes and ears on the launch of expansion - you'd realize that Alliance was seeking Kul Tirans as allies and for their fleet. Alliance did not send Jaina there to start a bloody war and destroy said fleet in process while laying waste to the would-be allies. Or what? She should have gone in guns blazing? That would be a good writing?

    I am not even starting with Jaina feeling a clear regret over the whole Proudmoore thing - you bloody see that in Warbringers - she literally says that. Of course she would agree to pay for her crimes and she did, she also went in full well knowing what expected her - you had the damn conversation in Anduin's throne room just before departure.

    Sheesh, what's with you people, it's as if you did not pay attention to basic plot.
    Likewise, he'd be here bitching that she went in all guns ablazing when there to seek allies.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Likewise, he'd be here bitching that she went in all guns ablazing when there to seek allies.
    I have no doubt about it, given his post history. You just have these crazies in the forum who do that shit all the time indiscriminately.

  16. #16
    The Insane Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Posts
    17,218
    I thought the story was shit.

    I think Jaina’s a shit character.

    This game would unironically be better with no writing than the shit we have now.

  17. #17
    Well, people saying that Golden has no power about direction of story. But since she is in team it's worse and worse. BFA is just start.

    -Ships like Derek and Calia. Lother'mar and Thallystra...this is Golden Mark.
    -Handsome guys that lead story as Anduin and now Wrathion. This is Golden Mark.
    -Her favorite characters are Baine, Jaina and Anduin. What we see everywhere? Yes... Baine, Jaina and Anduin.
    -Even Shadowlands looks like her work.....with new things everywhere with almost no connection to Azeorth.

    Don't make me wrong. I don't saying she is not good writer. Actually she is good. But she has one big weakness.
    If you let her work with settings like Warcraft or even Warhammer, she just write her own story without even trying put old things in it. She creating new story.....that SHE likes. And...SHE has quite personal and unique taste that many people don't like. Until Blizzard put her out of it, she will make bigger and worse mess than before. And it will be worse.

    If you think that BFA was horrible story wise...you can be sure that Shadowlands will be WORSE. Far worse romance. Far worse fairlytales. And many old characters destroyed for sake of her new story or for sake of her favorite characters.

    Maybe she was just advisor on the start...but now you can see proofs that she is much more stronger in writing team. I think ...until she is there.....

    It will not be better.

  18. #18
    Lady Ashvane looks like a Disney villain.. I mean she basically looks like a human Ursula. From the minute she showed up it was like "Yep, she's a villain"

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Lady Ashvane looks like a Disney villain.. I mean she basically looks like a human Ursula. From the minute she showed up it was like "Yep, she's a villain"
    Also, the ingame cinematic where Bwonsamdi reaches for Rastakahns feather on the crown was like SUPER DINSEY reference.

    I don't like Disney or it's characters.. it looked childish and yes Jaina is that frozen girl..

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Also, the ingame cinematic where Bwonsamdi reaches for Rastakahns feather on the crown was like SUPER DINSEY reference.

    I don't like Disney or it's characters.. it looked childish and yes Jaina is that frozen girl..
    I mean I am 90% certain Jaina's new look is obviously a reference to Elsa. Which isn't in and of itself a bad thing, WoW has a ton of references and homages to things.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •