Thread: disney blizzard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I mean I am 90% certain Jaina's new look is obviously a reference to Elsa. Which isn't in and of itself a bad thing, WoW has a ton of references and homages to things.
    When it's to Obvious and to magical just like Disney i will see it as a bad thing.

Wow has it's own flavour and some references are fine.. but they overdid it in bfa imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I have no doubt about it, given his post history. You just have these crazies in the forum who do that shit all the time indiscriminately.
    Wonder how pathetic their lives are if they shit in a game they either no longer play, or still play but constantly bitxh about.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Personally I was expecting Rexxar to die but it was enough to show her Thrall to resolve the storyline.
    I miss the old Rexxar walking around Desolace because he didn't fit in with either the orcs or the ogres. reminds me of the old marvel Hulk that just wanted to be left alone but kept being pulled into a fight he didn't start.

Well, I've never seen Frozen, but I did like Jaina's story in BfA. Sadly, Jaina came before Frozen, but Blizzard were never doing anything important with her except driving her crazy. It took Frozen to make them write her halfway decently, and now she comes off as a Disney princess ripoff. Only Blizzard, I tell ya. If that's what they have to do to tell good stories, I guess? Someone tell whoever is writing Sylvanas to start ripping off Maleficent because whatever source material they're taking inspiration from right now isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    Well, people saying that Golden has no power about direction of story. But since she is in team it's worse and worse. BFA is just start.

-Ships like Derek and Calia. Lother'mar and Thallystra...this is Golden Mark.
    -Handsome guys that lead story as Anduin and now Wrathion. This is Golden Mark.
    -Her favorite characters are Baine, Jaina and Anduin. What we see everywhere? Yes... Baine, Jaina and Anduin.
    -Even Shadowlands looks like her work.....with new things everywhere with almost no connection to Azeorth.

Don't make me wrong. I don't saying she is not good writer. Actually she is good. But she has one big weakness.
    If you let her work with settings like Warcraft or even Warhammer, she just write her own story without even trying put old things in it. She creating new story.....that SHE likes. And...SHE has quite personal and unique taste that many people don't like. Until Blizzard put her out of it, she will make bigger and worse mess than before. And it will be worse.

If you think that BFA was horrible story wise...you can be sure that Shadowlands will be WORSE. Far worse romance. Far worse fairlytales. And many old characters destroyed for sake of her new story or for sake of her favorite characters.

Maybe she was just advisor on the start...but now you can see proofs that she is much more stronger in writing team. I think ...until she is there.....

It will not be better.
    but in shadowlands there will be no Anduin, Jaina and Bane

Jaina should’ve died to the horde in BoD raid.

How she has fans is beyond me, she is just a walking deux ex machina and a prime example of bad story telling

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Jaina looks constipated 24/7.
    Wouldn't you be too with all the shit she has to deal with?

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    Not it wasnt. a mighty mage like her thrown into jail like a disruptive teen at the start of bfa is surely NOT good writing.
    And how would you write it then? Lead a rebellion against her mother and replace her as the new ruler?

She returned to heal the rift created between her and her people. She accepted her punishment as a way to atone for her actions she felt responsible for which resulted in the death of many, including her father.

I'm amazed that this meme is still floating around. Please get some new content already.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I'm amazed that this meme is still floating around. Please get some new content already.
    So you're saying they should....Let it go?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    BFA Jaina storyline is like Disney writing
    and many people liked it. Do you want all characters to be written like this?
    So you're asking us if we want all characters to be written the way you think they were written (a thought that was probably derived from the bad photoshop art you decided to post)?

Its like some of you sit at your desks and actually ponder "what is the most useless shit I can post on MMO today... hmmm."

BFA Jaina storyline is like Disney writing
    and many people liked it. Do you want all characters to be written like this?

lol this photo is on official warcraft twitter
    Your post, and therefore you as a human being, is low quality.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Also, the ingame cinematic where Bwonsamdi reaches for Rastakahns feather on the crown was like SUPER DINSEY reference.
    Well, he IS sort of like Dr. Falcier. Plus he's got friends on the Other Side
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Well, OP. Soon every fictional character will be Disney's, so it's good you get your bullshit ready for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Anduins a Disney Princess
    Now that's a comment we all can support.

I thought jaina was written rather well.

Its the other expansions, where she was boring and flat, and only a bit interesting in the end cinematic of MoP.

But how about sylvanas? with her plot armor powers, she could kill the alliance and horde in og after her duel with saurfang, but she did not?

She did not kill Bolvar apparantly, too.

disney plot holes......or 4D chess?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Also, the ingame cinematic where Bwonsamdi reaches for Rastakahns feather on the crown was like SUPER DINSEY reference.

I don't like Disney or it's characters.. it looked childish and yes Jaina is that frozen girl..
    Not to mention the fact Zandalar was literally a huge wakanda reference (black panther owned by disney).

What?

Her BfA story is like:
    1. Everyone in Kul Tiras hates her.
    2. Her mom sentences her to death.
    3. Her mom feels bad about it.
    4. ????????????
    5. She's made Lord Admiral and everyone loves her.

It's barely a coherent story. How can you say it's Disney level story?

Can someone ellaborate on how exactly the writing is Disney-esque? I've noticed a bunch of references, but nothing very plot-relevant.

BfA's story (especially before the pre-patch and after Dazar'alor) has a lot of problems, but they seem to come more from a half assed attempt at repeating MoP and a rushed old god plot than from "writing like Disney."

lol this photo is on official warcraft twitter
    You know they make similar ones with every franchise/movie/game under the sun, right? I'm pretty sure they post one at least once a week on average.

People mostly call it "good writing" if they enjoyed it, and bad when they didn't.

I enjoyed Jaina's storyline. Whether it qualifies as good or bad writing according to forum "experts", I couldn't care less about.
    I'm pretty sure Disney doesn't have some sort of monopoly of any kind on X sort of writing. I tend to call PG13 and below ratings "Disney-ass" though, I have to admit. Not as a jab at the Disney movies I adore.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-01-19 at 01:16 AM.