Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

Where was Vereesa and the Silver Covenant in BFA?

For someone who hates the Blood Elves and wants them out of the Kirin Tor, I'm surprised they didn't even do anything relevant in BFA. The only High Elves doing stuff in the Alliance were just some random Stromguarde mages, that portal NPC in Boralus, and that Expedition NPC

The only time she appeared is when the Alliance and a few turncoats decided to march to Sylvanas, and she didn't even get a single line. What was she doing all this time? Blizzard better make a good excuse like "Oh, they were reclaming Eldre'thalas and make it a new city for the High Elves and the Highborne" or anything else decent.

Or (better) yet, did Alleria assumed command of the High Elves (other than the Void Elves, of course)? It's somewhat possible since since she is the older sister, and she is higher ranking than Auric and Jalinde; and since she basically was the leader of the Alliance High Elves in the 2nd war, she could be also leading the Alliance loyalist High Elves today

Vereesa appeared at Alleria's side in 8.2.5. She seemed to follow her lead. After all, Alleria is the older sister and a much more skilled and rugged commander.

she was MIA because she is a very ill developed character that really does not deserve any story spotlight whatsoever. best way to salvage her character now is to have her go off into the twisting nether and find her purpose by becoming infused with the power of Fel magic and harness demons under her control and fight back the eventual return of Sargeras.

7+ Year Old Account
    In dalaran, doing dalaran business, like being neutral in this war

also giving place to void elves in the narrative

Quote Originally Posted by WraithKingOstarion View Post
    she was MIA because she is a very ill developed character that really does not deserve any story spotlight whatsoever. best way to salvage her character now is to have her go off into the twisting nether and find her purpose by becoming infused with the power of Fel magic and harness demons under her control and fight back the eventual return of Sargeras.
    I would like her to become demon(literally) hunter.

- It would give that sweet irony of her using fel.

- All three sisters would use "evil" magic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    In dalaran, doing dalaran business, like being neutral in this war

also giving place to void elves in the narrative
    Except she sieges Orgrimmar. She is 100% Alliance aside from spending free time in Dalaran with her halfbreeds.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

If you're implying Vereesa should have a larger role in the story because she's underrated and my favorite Windrunner, then I agree! Every character should always be asking, "where is Vereesa?" when she's not in a scene.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I would like her to become demon(literally) hunter.

- It would give that sweet irony of her using fel.

- All three sisters would use "evil" magic.
    yeah that's what i was going for. personally i still think it would be a shit story (but better than what is currently going on with her) and would be delightfully ironic that all 3 windrunner sisters fall from grace a narrative sense and in-lore sense. all 3 of them ruined by the universal cosmic forces. their only redemption would be their deaths (or re-deaths in sylvanas' sense)

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    sssh they are trying to wither away the high elves, it's working so don't ruin it.

on a serious note, I mean they are not even trying on the void elves who have like zero lore outside the starting exp and a few cameos.

Vareesa and her silver club were boring and never added anyting new to the table, she was just there because: Windrunner. I don't see them developing her anytime soon if at all, it's obvious they are realy trying to get rid of the remaining high elves and focus on the new breed: void, that is in SL I think or not.

I mean honestly are you realy missing her? what are you missing from her?

Spoiler: She was actually a cardbord throughtout wrath and on. I think it got wet and had to be removed.

It's simple, Vereesa only have meaningful roles in the good expansions, which is why she's way more visible in WotLK, MoP and Legion, avoided WoD entirely and only have a small cameo in Cata and BfA. Girl has good taste.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    It's simple, Vereesa only have meaningful roles in the good expansions, which is why she's way more visible in WotLK, MoP and Legion, avoided WoD entirely and only have a small cameo in Cata and BfA. Girl has good taste.
    As if her existence sucked all the bad writing inside her.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hunting Demons™
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Except she sieges Orgrimmar.
    you mean she participate in the joint force of alliance and horde[ to siege the banshee queen? an union of alliance and horde forces, aka a neutral attack?

She is 100% Alliance aside from spending free time in Dalaran with her halfbreeds.
    and yet, she never participate in the war against the horde, just like the silver covenant and other knife ears

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    legion good omegaLUL

The Silver Covenant hasn't done jack for the Alliance since WotLK. They are more neutral now but sometimes send token force to aid the Alliance.

There were already enough high elves around to keep the ever burning flame of high elf whiners going and that wasn't enough high elves for you?

Exodar draenei are actually a playable race and they did fuck all this expansion aside from have Velen stand next to Anduin. Pretty sure there were more high elves than non-lightforged draenei.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    There were already enough high elves around to keep the ever burning flame of high elf whiners going and that wasn't enough high elves for you?

Exodar draenei are actually a playable race and they did fuck all this expansion aside from have Velen stand next to Anduin. Pretty sure there were more high elves than non-lightforged draenei.
    Be fair, the draenei were still hiding in embarrassment from their millennia old prophet running around "GRAAAAAAAH!" and having their planet reduced to a WQ zone in a shitty patch.

Veressa was hiding from the train wreck of BfA, she didn't need any more crap writing.
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2020-01-20 at 04:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    legion good omegaLUL
    Compered to crap that WOD+BFA are , LEGION is "DIAMOND"
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah that's what i was going for. personally i still think it would be a shit story (but better than what is currently going on with her) and would be delightfully ironic that all 3 windrunner sisters fall from grace a narrative sense and in-lore sense. all 3 of them ruined by the universal cosmic forces. their only redemption would be their deaths (or re-deaths in sylvanas' sense)
    If Vareesa was a demon hunter, it would make her and Rhonin like Alleria and Turalyon - fel and arcane are apparently opposites like the light and void are.

Hopefully that would then mean Nathanos gets axed and Sylvanas ends up with a Gilnean druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever think maybe some people aren't fond of her because she has no development? But just hate her to hate her I guess...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    For someone who hates the Blood Elves and wants them out of the Kirin Tor, I'm surprised they didn't even do anything relevant in BFA. The only High Elves doing stuff in the Alliance were just some random Stromguarde mages, that portal NPC in Boralus, and that Expedition NPC

The only time she appeared is when the Alliance and a few turncoats decided to march to Sylvanas, and she didn't even get a single line. What was she doing all this time? Blizzard better make a good excuse like "Oh, they were reclaming Eldre'thalas and make it a new city for the High Elves and the Highborne" or anything else decent.

Or (better) yet, did Alleria assumed command of the High Elves (other than the Void Elves, of course)? It's somewhat possible since since she is the older sister, and she is higher ranking than Auric and Jalinde; and since she basically was the leader of the Alliance High Elves in the 2nd war, she could be also leading the Alliance loyalist High Elves today
    Seems like they're insistent to just leave her undeveloped and like the Jan Brady of WoW...only she doesn't even get the lines to say she feels like she is in her sisters shadows.

The High Elves of the Silver Covenant were largely uninvolved because Blizzard, having just created the Void Elves out of thin air, couldn't really use the High Elves in any significant fashion this expansion without causing a lot of backlash.

3+ Year Old Account
    That's weird, I never saw a notification to this post and only when someone quoted my OP and boom, 15 replies. This website also needs a quote button on selected replies like the official forums and hiveworkshop

Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    The Silver Covenant hasn't done jack for the Alliance since WotLK. They are more neutral now but sometimes send token force to aid the Alliance.
    They did the dirty work in the Purge of Dalaran though, much more than Jaina did.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I don't even know why they didn't help in the War of the Thorns nor in the Darkshore Warfront.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Spoiler: She was actually a cardbord throughtout wrath and on. I think it got wet and had to be removed.
    I don't know what you mean but her debut is in the novel Day of the Dragon, which was released 2 years before Warcraft 3; therefore Sylvanas was the last to be shown.