Solo or group horrific visions?

So as I have been leveling my cloak I have been wondering, for all you ret paladins out there do you think we are better solo or in a group for horrific visions?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    So as I have been leveling my cloak I have been wondering, for all you ret paladins out there do you think we are better solo or in a group for horrific visions?
    When you first enter a Vision, you will most likely not go very chatib far, your mind will succumb to N'zoth relentless expressvpn assault. You will experience effects, some detrimental, some cosmetic, some very serious mechanic hindrances as your sanity is drained by being in this horrific vision and by facing N'zoth's minions. You will have to retreat, but you learn things you've experienced along the way, which will enable you to build better defenses for your future trips.
    Last edited by MaxP; 2020-01-21 at 06:45 AM.

You can "spec" for solo or group play in the second row, so if you WANT to go solo, pick that route. If you PREFER to run in groups, pick those traits. Visions are designed to be soloable, so either option works.

I checked out some youtube videos on that (Method also has one) - seems groups definitely have an advantage. Then gaian...4 ppl more who can mess up

Balance druid and me clear the first 2 side paths + Thrall with really no issue.

Go ret and you are fine even at low ilvls

only solo...there're too many noobs around

Holy paladin soloafter the massive nerfs, the poor mobs dont have the hp to survive anything anymore. Cleave the fodder with consecrate, kill casters with judgement shock crucible, kill rares with wings or cyclotronic blast if wings on cd.

For perspective, im 460 ilvl equipped typically with net zero corruption, i run one 35 corruption mindflay and thats it. As of my last clear i have 3 mask full clear with 300 sanity and auto rez still available. Next week i will likely 4 mask with a bit of practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcifur View Post
    Holy paladin soloafter the massive nerfs, the poor mobs dont have the hp to survive anything anymore. Cleave the fodder with consecrate, kill casters with judgement shock crucible, kill rares with wings or cyclotronic blast if wings on cd.

For perspective, im 460 ilvl equipped typically with net zero corruption, i run one 35 corruption mindflay and thats it. As of my last clear i have 3 mask full clear with 300 sanity and auto rez still available. Next week i will likely 4 mask with a bit of practice.
    Is there any decent guide to shockadin because I've failed to find any? Things like best Azerite, Essences, talent build, trinkets? I guess Glimmer probably works great for Horrific Vision damage, for talents I assume Crusader's Might, Sanctified Wrath and Divine Purpose (but should I pick Holy Avenger as well or go for Holy Prism?) For Essences I am guessing Crucible, Vision, Strife and maybe Ripple with Crucible instead of Vision as major?
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2020-02-13 at 07:56 AM.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

I would say, play the way you like the most. Group play might have a small advantage but in the end it doesn't really matter that much.

Personally I do a lot of group content in general. I run a lot of M+ and do Mythic Raiding 9 hours each week. Therefore, I really enjoy having some challenging solo content that I can min-max and progress by myself.

You should definitely not feel forced to do these Horrific Visions in a group if you enjoy solo play more. The difference is not that big.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Is there any decent guide to shockadin because I've failed to find any? Things like best Azerite, Essences, talent build, trinkets? I guess Glimmer probably works great for Horrific Vision damage, for talents I assume Crusader's Might, Sanctified Wrath and Divine Purpose (but should I pick Holy Avenger as well or go for Holy Prism?) For Essences I am guessing Crucible, Vision, Strife and maybe Ripple with Crucible instead of Vision as major?
    Talents crusaders might, sanctified wrath, holy avenger. Rest is your call but i like double horse in stormwind and short bubble in org.

Crucible major, c&s visions formless void minors. Traits look for glimmer, judgment damage, and light's decree if possible. Trinkets take cyclotronic blast and the maut trinket if lucky enough to get it. 4 mask and higher is still tricky due to lack of interrupt potential but it can be done. I do my farm clears 3 mask for less stress, usually finish with 1 to 1.5 full bars of sanity left in orgrimmar.
    Last edited by Kalcifur; 2020-02-15 at 01:13 AM.

My 445 Ret Paladin last night cleared 3 wings plus Thrall with a level 8 cloak twice. Now with a level 9 I can probably do a full clear and get my first mask. I get insane burst but once my Font of Power buff runs out kinda hit like a wet noodle. But a lot of that is my fault, like I don't have Vision of Perfection in my main slot which could be a huge increase if it procs regularly.

Either way they aren't very hard to do solo. I haven't done any as a group because I don't want to burn anyone else's vessel.

At this point I can actually say I've failed more minor visions being overconfident than major ones.

Glad to know healers can solo them nowadays, before the -40% nerf there were so many people saying healers have to run in groups or respec dps.

3 mask clear as a healer sounds pretty impressive.

Talents crusaders might, sanctified wrath, holy avenger. Rest is your call but i like double horse in stormwind and short bubble in org.

Crucible major, c&s visions formless void minors. Traits look for glimmer, judgment damage, and light's decree if possible. Trinkets take cyclotronic blast and the maut trinket if lucky enough to get it. 4 mask and higher is still tricky due to lack of interrupt potential but it can be done. I do my farm clears 3 mask for less stress, usually finish with 1 to 1.5 full bars of sanity left in orgrimmar.
    Is formless void worth it for solo? I guess I don't get how that works.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Is formless void worth it for solo? I guess I don't get how that works.
    Every time you use crucible of flame (30s cd) you get 600 int / str and 100 haste for 20 sec.

Play what you enjoy, we have most of the year ahead to get everything wanted from the event.