Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    This is true if you do very easy content where you can just tunnel vision.

    But if you go into a +20 key then you will have a much more effortless time if you are on a BM hunter or Havoc Demon hunter than any other spec in the game. Can you from personal experience tell me I'm wrong?
    You're wrong in the sense effort is subjective. A very good shadow priest might require less effort than a mediocre BM hunter in a +20, BM and havoc can still, y'know, die etc

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    You're wrong in the sense effort is subjective. A very good shadow priest might require less effort than a mediocre BM hunter in a +20, BM and havoc can still, y'know, die etc
    But one person would have an easier time with less effort if he played BM/DH compared to Shadow Priest.

    When you compare specs you need to keep the player as a constant.

    Do you have any experience with high keys which can back up your claims? Because I do. I talk from experience.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-04-03 at 06:31 PM.

  3. #43
    and which one is the best talent?

  4. #44
    Why would you care what somebody says?

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling147 View Post
    Why would you care what somebody says?
    Well you are only posting in month-old threads now instead of year-old threads so you are improving.
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    I was right

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by thanhbui0343 View Post
    and which one is the best talent?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...ter&spec=Havoc go figure.

  7. #47
    Loving the #talentdiversity nice to see havoc so many #meaningfulchoices

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Loving the #talentdiversity nice to see havoc so many #meaningfulchoices
    I'd rather not have meaningful choices if it means losing Demonic and First Blood in the rotation.

    I'd rather not go back to chaos strike spam in between demon's bite and eyebeam every 30 seconds with a 4 min cd meta.

    I want my constant meta transformations, and I want blade dance in the rotation to at least have a 3 button spec.

  9. #49
    People call DH a brain dead class because even a green parser who doesnt understand the basics can out dps most other classes in most situations.

  10. #50
    Don't care about raids on DH, but it's such a meme class. With even bad gear you can easily outdps other people in M+.

    Btw I liked Demon Blades in Legion.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    I'd rather not have meaningful choices if it means losing Demonic and First Blood in the rotation.
    I would rather demonic and first blood be baseline and actually have meaningful choices.

    Havoc's one mechanic outside of basic builder/spender is meta and putting a spec's only mechanic on a 4minute cd without a talent is stupid.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I would rather demonic and first blood be baseline and actually have meaningful choices.

    Havoc's one mechanic outside of basic builder/spender is meta and putting a spec's only mechanic on a 4minute cd without a talent is stupid.
    I've been advocating those baselines since forever, but seeing as Blizzard are a bunch of negligent amoebas who manage to turn a profit on minimum effort possible via a playerbase that laps up their crap, including BfA, I don't have any hopes of true baselining of essential gameplay defining talents across the classes.

    Because that would mean they would have to come up with new talents, and if you've been paying attention they're so lazy about that to the point of bringing in previous PvP talents to PvE because they can't be bothered to make new ones.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    I've been advocating those baselines since forever, but seeing as Blizzard are a bunch of negligent amoebas who manage to turn a profit on minimum effort possible via a playerbase that laps up their crap, including BfA, I don't have any hopes of true baselining of essential gameplay defining talents across the classes.

    Because that would mean they would have to come up with new talents, and if you've been paying attention they're so lazy about that to the point of bringing in previous PvP talents to PvE because they can't be bothered to make new ones.
    Well, basically everything you said is correct. I have no further comment.

  14. #54
    The Lightbringer docterfreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finding a stranger in the alps.
    Posts
    3,603
    Demon blades is just one part of what makes DH brain-dead. Their AoE spender is also their best ST ability which is also a defensive ability. Every minute in PvP they can essentially become immune to melee classes while 100-0ing anyone with one button unless there's LoS nearby. Sustaining on a DH requires no thought; it's all passive. Their DPS CD also makes them immune to everything during the leap. With felblade they have a gapcloser baked into their dps rotation.

    This class should've never been released in the state that it was.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2020-05-09 at 11:50 PM.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Demon blades is just one part of what makes DH brain-dead. Their AoE spender is also their best ST ability which is also a defensive ability. Every minute in PvP they can essentially become immune to melee classes while 100-0ing anyone with one button unless there's LoS nearby. Sustaining on a DH requires no thought; it's all passive. Their DPS CD also makes them immune to everything during the leap. With felblade they have a gapcloser baked into their dps rotation.

    This class should've never been released in the state that it was.
    Sorry but 100% chance to dodge for one whole second doesn't qualify as a defensive cooldown. Dodging abilities without cast timers is practically all luck.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Sorry but 100% chance to dodge for one whole second doesn't qualify as a defensive cooldown. Dodging abilities without cast timers is practically all luck.
    With that logic the "tanky" Havoc Demon Hunter spec would not even qualify as a DPS, because it has similar heal and mitigation as the tank specs.

    If you can't horribly fail at a class/spec (DH), because your damage abilitys keep you passive alive or passivly counter in PvP, while doing in most patches the highest burst damage in the game - yes with conditions as these, players might see this class a brain dead.

    Nobody is forcing you to play such a class/spec, you can simply play anything else. You can choose in many games EASY and complete the game, but you don't have to, you can also choose MEDIUM, HARD, whatever.

    The DH class is WoW's answer to difficulty modes, to give noobs something to start with. If you like the class theme, you better make your peace with the noob factor.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

  17. #57
    The Lightbringer docterfreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finding a stranger in the alps.
    Posts
    3,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Nobody is forcing you to play such a class/spec, you can simply play anything else. You can choose in many games EASY and complete the game, but you don't have to, you can also choose MEDIUM, HARD, whatever.

    The DH class is WoW's answer to difficulty modes, to give noobs something to start with. If you like the class theme, you better make your peace with the noob factor.
    It's fine if some classes have a low skill floor like DK, warrior, and hunter in the past, but no classes should have a low skill ceiling.

  18. #58
    Who the fuck even uses demon blades?

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Demon blades is just one part of what makes DH brain-dead. Their AoE spender is also their best ST ability which is also a defensive ability. Every minute in PvP they can essentially become immune to melee classes while 100-0ing anyone with one button unless there's LoS nearby. Sustaining on a DH requires no thought; it's all passive. Their DPS CD also makes them immune to everything during the leap. With felblade they have a gapcloser baked into their dps rotation.

    This class should've never been released in the state that it was.
    lol I shit on DH's on my unholy DK all the time, and so can assassination rogues with ease as well as the monstrosity that are fire mages. A good marksman hunter can also blow them up through cd's because marksman burst is that dumb.

  20. #60
    Demon Blades should be baked into Havoc's skill list.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •