Horrific Visions as Affliction

Is it easier? Harder? I dont want to fail and waste a vessel with my lock by switching from destro to test it since i already failed the first one due to bug/glitch. I think it would be easier due to multi dot and the "self healing", but I want to hear from someone who actually did it as aff. Its pretty quick as destruction warlock esp with shadowburn and havocing stuff tbh but I am 446 lock with lvl 73 neck lol.

I find it easiest as demo. You can pull huge groups and barely lose life. Plus you can use your big CD much more liberally.

Quote Originally Posted by StyxzTheSage View Post
    I find it easiest as demo. You can pull huge groups and barely lose life. Plus you can use your big CD much more liberally.
    This has been my experience having used both specs. Being able to pop your big CD on every wing boss plus the big mob in each wing is handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadh View Post
    This has been my experience having used both specs. Being able to pop your big CD on every wing boss plus the big mob in each wing is handy.
    If you're soloing, the felguard is far more durable than the voidwalker by far as well, and the fact is demo has soul link, which neither affliction or destro have.

How do you manage to kick harmful cast in demo ? Those nasty things that drain sanity. Does the felguard stun work on bosses ?

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    How do you manage to kick harmful cast in demo ? Those nasty things that drain sanity. Does the felguard stun work on bosses ?
    Not on bosses, no, and to be fair I've only done 3 bosses and everything is dodge-able on them.

I've been doing the side zones and trash in the main as demo and then flicking over to destro to finish the main boss off. Seems to be working so far (when I don't cock it up!)

What talents/essence are you rolling to do Demo for Visions?

I run with: Demonic Strength, Demonic Calling, Burning Rush (can pick what you want here), Soul Strike, Dark Fury (Mortal Coil could work also), Soul Conduit and Demonic Consumption.

For Essences: Major: Focusing Iris, Minors: Vision of Perfection, Memory of Lucid Dreams and Breath of the Dying. I find the Focusing Iris is nice to melt trash and you don't have the RNG that Visions brings.