Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Btw.. so who leads the black dragonflight? Ebon horn is the much older dragon, but he's devoted to the Highmoutnain, Wrathion seems tobe the one entirely focused on the flight and seems to already be leagin it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sabellian refused to be written into this awful expansion
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

My take on the Black Dragonflight has always been that they aren't *literally* wiped out.

They've been pushed to the brink, and the majority of their flight is dead. They may not have many prominent members left. But Black Dragons are still out there surviving, even if they're not thriving. Sabellian would be the rare named example. But their survivors are mostly random nameless black dragons.

Writers trying to grasp at a bit of dramatic flair at times make it sound like Wrathion is the last one (at least before we met Ebonhorn in Legion), but my interpretation has always been he's not LITERALLY the last one. Hell even Wrathion at times speaks as though it's his hope to restore and rebuild his flight's good name, and return them to a positive/prominent place, and he can't exactly rebuild with 2 dudes... you'd think there are a few more than just him and Ebonhorn out there.

HOWEVER... that's just been my take. I could be wrong. I admittedly don't know if Blizzard has ever said on the record - Hardline - They're all dead except these two.
    Last edited by TragedyAnn; 2020-01-20 at 07:44 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Btw.. so who leads the black dragonflight? Ebon horn is the much older dragon, but he's devoted to the Highmoutnain, Wrathion seems tobe the one entirely focused on the flight and seems to already be leagin it.
    There's no active aspect as far as I know. And their numbers are probably so limited at this point that they don't really have a leadership structure either. Wrathion's probably going to end up taking on the Aspect of Earth mantle at some point (Dragon Isles expansion) but even then his followers are mostly just Blacktalon (read: Dragonsworn) still.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    I was thinking maybe this...or like others have said maybe he didn't want to/can't go to Outland?

I mean Sabellian hasn't had anything to do with him since BC...they could have forgotten.
    i have a feeling that if the new team remembered him they would milk him up in this expansion somehow

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ...for that matter what purpose does Wrathion have to go to outland....can we even canonically go back to Outland? WoD disrupted the portal and we technically can only go there for game play reasons so the question is...Can NOT us go to outland?
    Saurfang just went there and found Thrall, who lives there, and apparently comes and goes as he pleases. It seems like the way to AU Draenor is shut, but there's some way to get to Outland that Thrall and Sylvanas knows about since Saurfang did say he was following Sylvanas' assassins.