Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    There's your problem. Kills are typically 1% of for things like that. If you do the bonus objectives they give anywhere from 15%-25% credit and take little to no time. In fact you could do the 4-6 bonus objectives quicker than you can most quests and be done.

Secondly, I doubt you got a refund for a subscription because that's something they don't do. To each their own I guess though.
    Yes they do, all the time. Simply raise a ticket for said purchase, have a reasonably decent reason for wanting refund/reviewing of transaction and voila! bobs your uncle.

5+ Year Old Account
    people really dont understand 15 dollars isnt a fucking problem. And im not looking for validation im looking for your thoughts on the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Romanz View Post
    people really dont understand 15 dollars isnt a fucking problem. And im not looking for validation im looking for your thoughts on the game.
    can easily afford 15 dollars, have for a decade. as i said. People get so defensive over this game. I'm frustrated with it, but i LOVE it. it is SAD, i was reaching out to see if others felt the same. not "hehe well you already made up your mind m8"

10+ Year Old Account
    It's embarrassing that people have to go online to a forum and ask people what they should think.

If the sub is worth it, it's worth it. If it isn't then please quit. You can always come back if you change your mind.

As for the closing comment about people leaving the game: Blizzard posted a thing a few years ago when they had just a few million players saying that over the years they had had over 100,000,000 players. People have been leaving since the start.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

- - - Updated - - -

can easily afford 15 dollars, have for a decade. as i said. People get so defensive over this game. I'm frustrated with it, but i LOVE it. it is SAD, i was reaching out to see if others felt the same. not "hehe well you already made up your mind m8"
    Defensive? No.
    It's cold heart logic.

If something annoys me I don't do it.
    If I want something then Im gonna do it.
    If I like something then Im doing it.

Simple as that. I evaluate each feature with logic and there is no place for feelings here (which are often wrong). Couldn't care less about what other people think.
    The moment I found game unplayable I will stop playing it (as I did in legion). If it gets better I get back to it.
    15 isn't much. Try it, if you evaluate it's not worth, you get a refund. Done.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the first time in 10 years im thinking about quitting for awhile.
    My advice would be to just take a break from the game for a while. Don't play for a week or so. If you can do that without missing the game, I'd say you're ready to quit.

Wow isn't worth the sub cost or the gold cost. Best advice is to comeback a month before pre-launch of Shadowlands.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people continue to ask others to make decisions for them instead of going on the PTR and trying out the patch ahead of time? Those who like it will say yes, those who don't will say no, and the person still will have no idea if they will like the content making the entire discussion pointless.

If you’re on the treadmill and have a good group of friends to play with then may aswell keep plodding along. My guild keeps me subbed (for now).

Otherwise I wouldn’t bother.

I resubbed for 8.3 and pretty much instantly regretted it when the patch actually launched.

If you like grinding out levels for the neck/cloak doing boring shit and praying to RNG gods that the 4 layers of RNG needed to get the right corruption at the right level just so you can raid then 8.3 is for you.

3+ Year Old Account
    Sub is worth it for WoW Classic. yes.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I know i'll get the "just unsub if you're unhappy" people, but i don't give up on a game thats been apart of my life for a decade that easily. I'm just so upset with WoW and BFA. It feels like such an empty dissapointment, just filled with endless numbers and systems that are the exact opposite of the direction they said they wanted to push us away from with endless numbers in legion, 8.3 has been an absolute mess. It's shown just how blind they are to quality control and bugs. Subconsciously i think Activision is just gutting Blizzard for everything they have. It's no secret the WoW team is behind, they have to be REALLY behind for things to be like this. For the first time in 10 years im thinking about quitting for awhile. Honestly just really upset with what they've done to the game, do you guys feel the same frustrations? I feel like alot of people are leaving the game.
    there have been no more bugs in 8.3 than there were in 8.2 - gotta remember that sometimes shit just goes wrong for no reason. take for example the mail delay bug - do you think that if that happened on the PTR that they wouldn't have fixed it? no, sometimes bugs literally pop out of nowhere when the transition is made to live. I remember there being one a few days back where something was changed which caused something else to go haywire. you can't predict those happening, which is why week 1 of any patch is usually buggy

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Ignoring that you already know the answer. And ignoring that you have decided that your opinions are facts. What exactly are you looking for from us? Validation for your feelings? Permission for your actions? Do or Do not. The choice, is yours and yours alone.
    That's a bingo!

OT: There's nothing to discuss about this cool blog post. I feel kinda bad for the OP because it doesn't seem like anybody in this thread wants to join his anti-Blizzard circlejerk.

I know i'll get the "just unsub if you're unhappy" people, but i don't give up on a game thats been apart of my life for a decade that easily. I'm just so upset with WoW and BFA. It feels like such an empty dissapointment, just filled with endless numbers and systems that are the exact opposite of the direction they said they wanted to push us away from with endless numbers in legion, 8.3 has been an absolute mess. It's shown just how blind they are to quality control and bugs. Subconsciously i think Activision is just gutting Blizzard for everything they have. It's no secret the WoW team is behind, they have to be REALLY behind for things to be like this. For the first time in 10 years im thinking about quitting for awhile. Honestly just really upset with what they've done to the game, do you guys feel the same frustrations? I feel like alot of people are leaving the game.
    I've got tired of it and now I regret buying BFA. I bought it at some point, because I became bored and remembered, that new xpack is about lots of new things, like locations, quest, transmogs, mounts, etc. I thought it would bring me somewhere. I though game would become better, when flying would be unlocked. But no. I have flying, I have all alts leveled, but nothing to do with all of that.

Overall I've got tired of online games. I've bought offline game on Steam, that has all the same elements, that are interesting for me in Wow, but at the same time it's free of all negative elements, online games have. Such as not being able to play the way, you like, but needing to adjust to "common" playstyle, that puts too much pressure and stress on you, leading to fatigue and bad mood.

Yeah, todays marketing has turned world "offline" into "heresy". But that's it. It's ok to play with real friends. But multiplayer is enough for this. When you have to interact with random noname people, it causes all sorts of bad gaming experience. Finding new friends online? I'm not sure, if this is productive. Some people can do it, but for others it's just a way for game developers to bind you to their game.

So what? Game, I currently play, also has online mode. But it's optional. And you know what? IT'S HOLY F****G GRAAL!!! Game is designed to be soloable. Nobody forces you to play certain way, because some noname people from intenetz should be satisfied. But if you want it, you can always flip "Online" switch on and play with your friends or even random people.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2020-01-19 at 04:47 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you play both classic and retail, then yeah, it's definitely worth it.

In order for retail alone to be worth it they would need to figure out something to fix PVP. Right now you just launch a different game if you want to PVP and that's pretty bad for a game that uses resources they can't even afford to use on PVP. I say just ditch pvp completely, stop wasting resources on it. They don't do any work on it other than nerfing everything anyway.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's embarrassing that people have to go online to a forum and ask people what they should think.

If the sub is worth it, it's worth it. If it isn't then please quit. You can always come back if you change your mind.

As for the closing comment about people leaving the game: Blizzard posted a thing a few years ago when they had just a few million players saying that over the years they had had over 100,000,000 players. People have been leaving since the start.
    um. isnt that what a forum is? im not asking you what i should think. im asking for your input. just like now you wrote what you think.

If you can still have fun in the pre-8.3 content and Classic WoW, sure why not. If no, well that is an easy answer.

I am on a 6-month recurring sub, my account has been that way since MoP. (Except for that one time I got pissed off and started bitching about High Elves.)

I have not tried the 8.3 content yet and from the amount of bitching I hear about the new patch, I am better off just playing on alts at the moment. There is still plenty for me to do elsewhere in game.

I don't know man.
    I actually looked pretty forward to the patch..
    But now playing it it just feels so bland. You are just doing 3-4 daylies each zone which are literally just kill or collect quests, your minor visions where you just kill or collect some more stuff and gather your 10k things (dont even remember the name) so you can do your big vision which can eventually be cool when you have the talents and corruption resistance upped. But for now you just enter them and kill the last Boss for your cloak upgrade.

But like always in this expansion. The art departement did an amazing job.. The mobs look cool. The Ny'alotha buildings look amazing.
    But yeah.. What's the point of good looking stuff if the gameplay is just bland.. and to think that this is the last patch for a year or so. Oh my...

I decided to level up my Vulpera and wait for Shadowlands.

The dailies in 8.3 absolutely SUCK!!!

There's a massive upscale in health and damage of mobs (Almost twice that to Nazj.), with nasty DoTs that stack...

Respawn rates are awful, a lot of interactive things aren't shared, and some retard on Blizz's end approved the daily to kill FOUR rares when their respawn is pretty long plus competition for them.

It literally goes out of its way to make you stay in game as long as possible to grind it all out if you're after rep.

Argus was a complete joy compared to this!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    That's a bingo!

OT: There's nothing to discuss about this cool blog post. I feel kinda bad for the OP because it doesn't seem like anybody in this thread wants to join his anti-Blizzard circlejerk.
    antiblizzard circlejerk? i've been a massive fan of the game for over a decade. its bitter that its like this. i don't just wanna slander blizzard. But when things are looking bleak, checked to see if anyone else noticed

antiblizzard circlejerk? i've been a massive fan of the game for over a decade. its bitter that its like this. i don't just wanna slander blizzard. But when things are looking bleak, checked to see if anyone else noticed
    No it just means you have either:
    1. goldfish memory
    2. you burned out of the game

Or both.