Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanz View Post
    antiblizzard circlejerk? i've been a massive fan of the game for over a decade. its bitter that its like this. i don't just wanna slander blizzard. But when things are looking bleak, checked to see if anyone else noticed
    If you've paid attention, at all, to the forums here... you have your answer to 'if anyone has noticed'... Most of us have been 'massive fans' at one time or another. 'Looking Bleak' you say. That is purely subjective, meaning its an opinion. So, we are back to dealing with your question, 'Is it worth it?' We cant know your mind, your heart, your likes or even your time availability... Only YOU know those things, which means WE cant answer that FOR you. YOU have to decide that.

Here's a handy chart to help you decide.

Are you currently Subscribed? Y/N

If No then Find a hobby

If Yes Are you enjoying yourself? Y/N

If No then unsubscribe, and find a new hobby

If Yes then Go play whichever version of Warcraft you are enjoying.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

better buy real drugs
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Do as I have. I noticed stuff sucked long before this patch.

I have quit basically all relevant content. If thats only thing you care about, I'm not really sure the game is worth it. As for what I do? I do whatever story quests there might be. I level alts (they are breaking leveling in SL anyway... the people who only care about end game content will cheer, but those like me, can only watch it break).

Find your enjoyment elsewhere. Whether its alts. Collecting transmogs. Doing old raids. Just... doing something that isnt the content you dont like.

Simply put, I dont do anything I dont like doing. Nasty dailies? Cba, its not like it matters. Try to maintain relevant rio so you can do m+. Fuck that. I dont care. Raids? I'll just go do it once or twice on lfr to see story stuff.

Two words.
    Super. Casual.

with what is happening with blizzard activison i would advise everyone to unsub to the game. blizzard is just sitting on their asses for this lame presentation of the game.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Proper Ninja View Post
    with what is happening with blizzard activison i would advise everyone to unsub to the game. blizzard is just sitting on their asses for this lame presentation of the game.
    this!
    stop being miserable and quit - they'll either deliver great expansion or announce shift to F2P
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Okay that's nice, it doesn't disregard that it's all the same shit, the classes are still terrible to play and everything is blatant about increasing time played metrics.

The patch is terrible, the game is rubbish.
    What's it like to be so hopelessly addicted to a game you hate that you have to tell everyone about it daily on a fan site for that game?

I was under the impression that "quitting threads" were not allowed. WTH?

Just unsub if you're unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Look I don't wanna start something but if you're THIS worried about 15 measly bucks maybe your first priority shouldn't be video games.
    The OP doesn't care that it's $15 a month. He enjoys the world/lore behind wow and most likely has attachment to his characters/achievements/ mounts etc over the years. So hes asking for valuable opinions of those already subbed if its worth it. When you really get down to the core of it most hardcore players would say "No" it's probably not worth subbing for 8.3. Sure you could sub for 1 month and try it out but the problem with that approach is once you spend the $15 and even if you only like it for 1 week you still feel compelled to get your full value so play it for a full 30 days. Even though deep down you might not even enjoy it during that time you do it anyway because we as humans are compelled to closure. Then when the sub does run out after 30 days you might say screw it and resub again because you already did last month and maybe you're a bit closer to exalted or a new alt you want to play.. good player manipulation and FOMO tactics from blizzard. If the game was like $7.50 a month or similar priced to hulu/netflix I'm sure many more players would just keep the sub and play regardless. For the educated they want to get their full value out of it. It's not the price but the principle.

I subbed, got to the part where you had to clear an assault, saw 1% per kill and no'ped out of there with a (thank god) full refund.

Glad I did too, the amount of negativity for this patch has eclipsed BfA as a whole.

Oh well, that's what happens when shareholders are first and your players are second ^o^
    .....lazy AF

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    The dailies in 8.3 absolutely SUCK!!!

There's a massive upscale in health and damage of mobs (Almost twice that to Nazj.), with nasty DoTs that stack...

Respawn rates are awful, a lot of interactive things aren't shared, and some retard on Blizz's end approved the daily to kill FOUR rares when their respawn is pretty long plus competition for them.

It literally goes out of its way to make you stay in game as long as possible to grind it all out if you're after rep.

Argus was a complete joy compared to this!
    OMG things are actually a bit complicated and take a bit of time....boohoo people like you who want the game to be super easy and quick are what ruin the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    do you enjoy wow? if yes, then yes. if no, then no. pretty simple stuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Just leave and spare us the drama plox.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathson View Post
    I decided to level up my Vulpera and wait for Shadowlands.
    You are like me. While i do not really have hope in shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    .....lazy AF

- - - Updated - - -

OMG things are actually a bit complicated and take a bit of time....boohoo people like you who want the game to be super easy and quick are what ruin the game.
    If that's your definition of being complicated... but yeah I am sure shit respawn and drop rates makes a game great.. feck off.

People have gotten really defensive in this thread. I thought OP was just airing his grievances and asking how everyone else feels about WoW currently. Obviously OP isn't asking people to tell him if he thinks WoW is worth it, so the number of snarky responses is disappointing. I empathize with that feeling of seeing something you used to love lose the appeal.

I haven't subbed for 8.3 yet but I might just to try it out. My biggest problem with WoW is that there either aren't enough people I share a playstyle with or there is no good way of finding them.

if you ask me the sub is only worth it if you are a raider.
    if you aren't you can do everything you want to do by buying a month of gametime a few weeks after each patch.

lol at all the people getting tilted by this post. why even reply to it? just ignore it

@OP, id say unsub for a while and see if you get the urge to play the game again. and when/if you do, consider WHAT it is in the game that makes you want to play it.

I subbed, got to the part where you had to clear an assault, saw 1% per kill and no'ped out of there with a (thank god) full refund.
    You're a smart man. Assaults are really really bad. I'm going to power through because my schedule enables me to raid for the first time in years, but god damn man.

I spent freaking 2hrs yesterday to clear all dailies + the minor assault... and it's not due to me sucking, it's because the dailies are horrendous with shitty droprates, mob tagging competition and simply not spawning fast enough... I will not spend fucking 2hrs to do some dailies just because Blizzard need this content to last until end of 2020... I am seriously thinking about skipping raiding for the first time since Vanilla, and this comes from someone that looked forward to 8.3 and the last raid tier.. but this buggy, shitface of a patch has ruined the game in so many ways that I can just assume the raid will be a mess as well.

I'm super sad as I want to play this game but atm I cant push myself to do it due to the crap nature of this patch... so if the sub is worth it? Hell no, imho!
    Last edited by Dawon; 2020-01-19 at 09:44 AM.

Is opening yet another thread (in addition to the dozens already existing) to complain about WoW for your very own 5 minutes of attention even worth it?