Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

why blizzard abandon expansion in the middle

it's not the first time when blizz kick expansion in x.1
    the story looks silly due to gaps. I think the story went wrong as originally conceived.
    what do you think, what was abandoned?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    the story looks silly due to gaps. I think the story went wrong as originally conceived.
    I don't think anything was abandonned, that's the whole thing, it's just all bad.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    I don't think anything was abandonned, that's the whole thing, it's just all bad.
    Yup. There's nothing we can see that was cut here, unlike WoD where you can find entire raid portals that go unused.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yup. There's nothing we can see that was cut here, unlike WoD where you can find entire raid portals that go unused.
    Uther's tomb, something was supposed to be there

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was there? Or was it just a dev's pet project?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Was there? Or was it just a dev's pet project?
    oh c'mon Blizzard won't do the job for nothing, that's for sure.

It was this expansions version of the kultiras armor sets being in the game files during legion.

Actually they sometimes do. After all, Blizzard won't punish artists for doing additional stuff for free.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

There was no indication that something would happen IN BFA. It will probably come into play in the upcoming Light and Void expansion, where Calia will most likely play an important role.

Because something is terribly wrong with Blizzard. Second bland expansion in a row (Shadowblands) should've given you a pretty clear understanding: Either Ion is completely incompetent (very plausible) or Blizzard has been funneling their resources in to something new (Potentially WoW 2.0, or a complete re-imagining of current WoW) which is the explanation that I try to calm myself with. There's an even worse scenario - Blizzard anal-ysts decided that the time of MMO's has passed, the future belongs to mobile gaming, and the best course would be to let WoW die off slowly, while continuously redistributing finances to other IPs.

Some animators in Creative Assembly created few additional sync kill animations for TW:Warhammer 2 on their own free time. Why do you think someone in Blizzard can't do the same?

What gaps?

Keeping in mind that just because some story thread wasn't completed yet doesn't mean it was a mistake or cut, we're clearly getting more of Tyrande and Calia next expansion, for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

There's literally no proof that anything was abandoned save maybe the very early iterations of some Warfronts. Its just a disjointed expansion
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2020-01-17 at 02:17 AM.

WoD was abandoned.

BfA wasn't abandoned, it just sucks balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    WoD was abandoned.

BfA wasn't abandoned, it just sucks balls.
    BFA eats dirt

Is it just me that's enjoyed BfA and thought it was a good expansion? I mean, I've taken large breaks throughout it, but that's not because of BfA, I've just been playing WoW since Vanilla and needed a break to play other games. When I have been playing though, I've enjoyed the content, the stories, the dungeons, hell I even enjoyed Warfronts and Islands (although both of those lack much replayability). While it's not one of my top expansions, it's definitely enjoyable to me and the stories have been interesting.

What exactly about it do people dislike so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    Is it just me that's enjoyed BfA and thought it was a good expansion? I mean, I've taken large breaks throughout it, but that's not because of BfA, I've just been playing WoW since Vanilla and needed a break to play other games. When I have been playing though, I've enjoyed the content, the stories, the dungeons, hell I even enjoyed Warfronts and Islands (although both of those lack much replayability). While it's not one of my top expansions, it's definitely enjoyable to me and the stories have been interesting.

What exactly about it do people dislike so much?
    BFA lacks sheer class and quality, big time. The zones are quite nice but for me it starts and ends there.
    The expansion was absolutely shocking at launch, and somehow got worse the further we got, with 8.3 really being the icing on the cake - it's 2020 and this game is well past its sell by date, I've said it a million times but how it warrants a sub fee is ludicrous.
    No BM, but if you play other games (which a lot of people do now, variety is the spice of life) then you would already know just how bad WoW is falling behind tons of other games in quality and quantity. I play F2P games that have regular (bi-weekly or monthly) updates that add good amounts of quality content to the game, completely free of charge.
    The core fundamentals of the game will stay the same, but what seems to have pissed most people off is how shallow, shambolic and stale the classes/specs feel. Some specs really are shocking to play, fall asleep worthy with zero immersion.
    You know it's bad when even Bellular is dropping the wtf bomb at Blizzard, and as much as I disagree with many parts of his videos his last one is spot on. Assaults being a main aspect of a last major content patch screams desperation, and to launch the way they did is a joke - especially for blizzard which are normally known for polished content. Each to their own, people that are used to such bad content will be fine - for most people they will unsub and go elsewhere.

I'm enjoying 8.3. Regardless of despising this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    BFA lacks sheer class and quality, big time. The zones are quite nice but for me it starts and ends there.
    The expansion was absolutely shocking at launch, and somehow got worse the further we got, with 8.3 really being the icing on the cake - it's 2020 and this game is well past its sell by date, I've said it a million times but how it warrants a sub fee is ludicrous.
    And so, do you still sub or not? If so, why? Even if it is just for one month, something is bringing you back despite you hating it. Or are you spending you time farming gold to pay for a game that you do not like, which I find rather amusing way of spending free time

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    No BM, but if you play other games (which a lot of people do now, variety is the spice of life) then you would already know just how bad WoW is falling behind tons of other games in quality and quantity. I play F2P games that have regular (bi-weekly or monthly) updates that add good amounts of quality content to the game, completely free of charge.
    Rather than just stating there are better F2P games, why not list them? These game deserve more exposure and support. List them so others here are try them. I would be interested to see these games.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    That’s actually how we got the dark moon roller coster a dev made it in free time and they put it in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    Because something is terribly wrong with Blizzard. Second bland expansion in a row (Shadowblands) should've given you a pretty clear understanding: Either Ion is completely incompetent (very plausible) or Blizzard has been funneling their resources in to something new (Potentially WoW 2.0, or a complete re-imagining of current WoW) which is the explanation that I try to calm myself with. There's an even worse scenario - Blizzard anal-ysts decided that the time of MMO's has passed, the future belongs to mobile gaming, and the best course would be to let WoW die off slowly, while continuously redistributing finances to other IPs.
    This doesn’t make a whole lot of sense when bfa has had a lot of money put into it with things like an all time high of voice acting which doesn’t tend to come cheap, multiple cgi cutscenes as well as old zones being comply remade like with the warfronts.

Blizzard has put a lot of time effort and mostly money into bfa likely more then any past expan the problem is that a lot of it seemed to go to waste due to poor story choices or poor design choices.