Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account

Question Boost to 120 (?)

Hi, is there any value from character boost to 120 IF i will create a new character level 1 OR trial 110 level character and then boost him to 120?
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

Paying to boost from 1 to max level has always been regarded as a waste of money by a lot of people and it's something that's been debated for a long time. Boosting ten levels though? That for sure is a total waste of money if you ask me. 110 to 120 doesn't really take very long at all.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    Paying to boost from 1 to max level has always been regarded as a waste of money by a lot of people and it's something that's been debated for a long time. Boosting ten levels though? That for sure is a total waste of money if you ask me. 110 to 120 doesn't really take very long at all.
    There is no other boost than 120. He's asking if he should make a level 1 character and boost it or make a trial character and boost it. Trial characters cannot be played past their intro scenario without a boost, so it's the same no matter what.

OP, I don't know that there's any difference at this point. You got garrison stuff back in the day but that's gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkantosChampion View Post
    Hi, is there any value from character boost to 120 IF i will create a new character level 1 OR trial 110 level character and then boost him to 120?
    Odd way to waste the boost
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

5+ Year Old Account
    I got 120 level boost from Shadowlands pre-order
    On Trial Character, there is 2 bags that can be openned ONLY if you will boost him to 120
    I remembered there was value for Professions and Garrison is you will do Something
    Last edited by ArkantosChampion; 2020-01-18 at 11:56 PM.

Actualy there is no difference between those two. Class Trial characters can't access instances and can only be played for 8 hours or until they finish BfA intro story. After that character gets locked and you need a boost to unlock it. It exists to give you an ability to test out how certain class plays on a higher level.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    I don't think many people debate the value of level boosts.

Anyways, there's no difference in boosting a fresh level 1 or a class trial 110.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkantosChampion View Post
    I got 120 level boost from Shadowlands pre-order
    On Trial Character, there is 2 bags that can be openned ONLY if you will boost him to 120
    I remembered there was value for Professions and Garrison is you will do Something
    I know when the 110 boost came out they removed the Garrison benefit since you didn't need it for Legion content. The 100 boost had it because at the time WoD was the expansion and Garrisons were still relevant.

The chest you get is basically just gold and stuff that you get when you boost anyway and it just unlocks it to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    Actualy there is no difference between those two. Class Trial characters can't access instances and can only be played for 8 hours or until they finish BfA intro story. After that character gets locked and you need a boost to unlock it. It exists to give you an ability to test out how certain class plays on a higher level.
    Trials are only playable for 2 hours as of BFA launch when the 110 trials came out.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Anyways, there's no difference in boosting a fresh level 1 or a class trial 110.
    Well that's shitty, why did they change it?

I remember back in the day you got max level professions if your character was at least 60.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post

I remember back in the day you got max level professions if your character was at least 60.
    I dunno if you still get maxed out professions, but I was talking about a fresh level 1 versus a class trial. I have no idea if any benefits are gained from boosting a level 60/whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post

Because they changed it how professions work. You no longer need all the previous expansions to do the current one so there was no longer a need to do it.

If I remember right, it used to be if your character was above level 60 and your professions were 300, if you boosted that toon then the professions got boosted to matching level too. They don't do that anymore, so there's no benefit to prelevelling a character from boosting.

So honestly, I'd say go with the trial, test out some classes and boost whichever you like. You're not missing out on anything boosting a trial anymore.

5+ Year Old Account
    Okay, thanks for answers guys =)