Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

The new island boxes

Hello, just wanna report that it seems like, AT LAST, that islands are worth doing.

I bought 1 box, and got a island mount - People are reporting 20% chance for mounts...?

Im just glad that its finally...maybe fixed. 150 dublons is ofc a lot pr. box, but at least now its doable...

I just hate this game design where shit is impossible then you wait 1-2 years and its np...Blizzard does it for so many years now, tiring. Anyway thats why I didnt grind island before now....barely won 30 mythic.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

That's why I always wait. I am a major mount collector, but I didn't bother with Islands as I figured they'd change it eventually. Or, I hoped.

Sadly they've not made changes to the Legion Paragon shit...

They are increasingly stepping over the boundaries of "keep players because they want to play!" and "keep people playing"... There's a difference, which even I can detect.

The actual islands themselves also have massively boosted mount rates.

I did around 30 heroic since 8.3 got 1 mount, a DK in my guild farmed them until level 75 neck, got 9/9 before even hitting 75, i assume this was crazy luck but i bet a lot of people would get at least 2 mounts doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    What’s this box you speak of?
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=295541/...-with-dubloons

I thought mount/pet drop chances were based off what mobs are present and only changes weekly?
    Yes, but 8.3 has massively improved the rates.

I thought mount/pet drop chances were based off what mobs are present and only changes weekly?
    Yeah but the random starter single packs of mob types can count for this; there's only a couple of drops that are VERY specific, like the Thunderscale mount (which requires Jorundall island AND dragons to spawn on it to have a chance to drop).
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Not sure if mounts also buffed, but 1 guy I ran with did get a mount...the yeti one. We only did like 5-10 runs together on mythic.

I was hoping something along these lines would happen and I'm glad it actually did. Focusing on some other farms still but I may start doing some islands sooner or later now that there's actually a point. Feeling kind of bad for people who did like 5000 islands before 8.3, but I guess that's just how it is sometimes with games that get patched on regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    That's why I always wait. I am a major mount collector, but I didn't bother with Islands as I figured they'd change it eventually. Or, I hoped.

Sadly they've not made changes to the Legion Paragon shit...

They are increasingly stepping over the boundaries of "keep players because they want to play!" and "keep people playing"... There's a difference, which even I can detect.
    They seriously need to add a bad luck protection to the collectables off them paragon caches...

Think I bought 4 boxes and got 2 mounts.... So it's likely higher than the 5% chance for a mount in the wowhead comment I read based on PTR experiences of buying 100 of each box type.

bought 10 boxes and my rng god hates me..No mounts.. I kinda knew this would happen... Been really wanting a PARROT one..
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2020-01-21 at 04:40 PM.

3 from 15 boxes

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    They seriously need to add a bad luck protection to the collectables off them paragon caches...
    Indeed. I didn't get the Nightborne rug until partway through BFA and 97 boxes. Up to 84 Voldunai boxes now and no jukebox.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got 1 from my very first box, but then none from the next 3. I only want a parrot

Fantastic, I'll enjoy that improved droprate when I blast through BFA islands solo at max level in the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Fantastic, I'll enjoy that improved droprate when I blast through BFA islands solo at max level in the next expansion.
    Yea, thats the theory but if you cant solo sign up...:s Or blizzard removes it...changes something?

So, screw the people that have farmed stuff for years, just hand it out to people. This is why Activision is killing WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Yea, thats the theory but if you cant solo sign up...:s Or blizzard removes it...changes something?
    Most likely they'll allow solos, but if not I'm sure there will be enough queuing to do it. Would be even faster with three level 60s after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Hello, just wanna report that it seems like, AT LAST, that islands are worth doing.

I bought 1 box, and got a island mount - People are reporting 20% chance for mounts...?

Im just glad that its finally...maybe fixed. 150 dublons is ofc a lot pr. box, but at least now its doable...

I just hate this game design where shit is impossible then you wait 1-2 years and its np...Blizzard does it for so many years now, tiring. Anyway thats why I didnt grind island before now....barely won 30 mythic.
    its not a good change untill they up the number of coins/island...

Quote Originally Posted by Etoo View Post
    So, screw the people that have farmed stuff for years, just hand it out to people. This is why Activision is killing WoW.
    It was expected they will implement something like this at the end of the expansion to keep people hooked for a while.

The drop rates / acquisition was horrible on Islands. You should be thankful.