Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    its not a good change untill they up the number of coins/island...
    I will partially agree, the numbers are still low, but its BFA - the worst expansion for collectors ever...There have been so much shit RNG and grinds, so any good changes we just have to take and be happy with.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Got 5 mounts out of 13 boxes. Well worth it

2 mounts left and enough to buy 14 boxes.. I can't believe I am done with islands...

its not a good change untill they up the number of coins/island...
    You already get about 10 dublons for 1 mythic island, which lasts from 5 to 7 minutes with a full pug group on average. That's essentially 1 box per about 2 hours of islands. This is already a bargain sale of IE mounts. Asking for even more would just turn this into a free giveaway

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Etoo View Post
    So, screw the people that have farmed stuff for years, just hand it out to people. This is why Activision is killing WoW.
    The people who "farmed stuff for years" (despite BFA being only 1½ years old) will most likely have a gazillion dubloons to spend on the boxes, thus ensuring that they can buy a litteral fuck ton of those boxes, thus granting them all the mounts/pets/transmog sets - so everyone wins!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    You already get about 10 dublons for 1 mythic island, which lasts from 5 to 7 minutes with a full pug group on average. That's essentially 1 box per about 2 hours of islands. This is already a bargain sale of IE mounts. Asking for even more would just turn this into a free giveaway
    which is at least 1 hour to long....

which is at least 1 hour to long....
    In relation to other mount farms in the game, 2 hours for a 1/10 roll on a mount is definitely not that long. Especially considering it seems you can even get 2 mounts at once from those chests.

And it's a universe of difference compared to the original state of IEs (at BfA launch) when it took like 100 islands to even see a toy or pet.

3+ Year Old Account
    the theory is predicted - 5

I'm 0/10 on boxes and 0/750 on islands.

Fuck.
    This.
    Shit.

I don't even try anymore.

Edit: the weekly should grant 150 dubs/1 crate. That seems fair for this godforsaken horseshit system.
    Last edited by Zyrinx; 2020-02-12 at 03:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    0 mount from 10 boxes. Seems nothing changed

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    0 mount from 10 boxes. Seems nothing changed
    Right. People are acting like these boxes are a guarantee, which I can assure you, they are not.

I'm 0/11 so almost 2k dubs for nothing, don't even talk to me about giveaways. This system was shit and as far as I'm concerned, still is.

I don't see why you guys are bothering to do it now, rather than waiting to hit max-level in the next expansion. It'll be much faster and thus less annoying then. There's no reason to do islands now, unless you need the AP for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I don't see why you guys are bothering to do it now, rather than waiting to hit max-level in the next expansion. It'll be much faster and thus less annoying then. There's no reason to do islands now, unless you need the AP for some reason.
    How long will it take till they give us solo-queue though? And are we sure they won't remove the Island Expedition rewards and make them legacy too?

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    In relation to other mount farms in the game, 2 hours for a 1/10 roll on a mount is definitely not that long. Especially considering it seems you can even get 2 mounts at once from those chests.

And it's a universe of difference compared to the original state of IEs (at BfA launch) when it took like 100 islands to even see a toy or pet.
    User error if you were seeing a drop rate that low on original islands.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

If they're going to permanently remove the rewards they would give many months of notice, so not much chance of that.

Queues are region-wide so I wouldn't think it would be difficult to find 2 other people in your entire region to run through islands given the many, many still relevant cosmetic rewards, even in 2023. That said I hope they do make them solo queue-able too.

These crates have proven to be a lot more OP than I expected going in. I thought MAYBE finally I would see some mounts because it wasn't until close to the release of the island boxes that I got my first drop in an island - but I did not expect to get all the island mounts this quickly, in fact I got Risen Mare the other day and it was my last one.

Might be someone who have been unlucky with them but from personal experience which is myself and guildies, it seems like droprate is pretty solid. Like people buying 2-3 crates and getting a mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    How long will it take till they give us solo-queue though? And are we sure they won't remove the Island Expedition rewards and make them legacy too?
    pretty sure they will be just like lfr and scenarios

Got 7 mounts out of 21 boxes

Are you guys sure you are targeting the right boxes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    God I love these boxes. I went from 1 Island mount (Just the moose) to all of them except for 1 (Qinsho).

Think I’ve gone through about twenty so far.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Fantastic, I'll enjoy that improved droprate when I blast through BFA islands solo at max level in the next expansion.
    Except ... you most likely need to be in a group with two other players, just like Legion assaults still puts you in LFG for the final phase

Possibly, but unlike Legion assaults there are tons of cosmetic rewards from islands that will always be desirable. Even if they do require 3 people to queue to do them, and hopefully they don't, that's 2 other people in your faction region-wide so I don't imagine it'll be too difficult even in 2022.