Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    God I love these boxes. I went from 1 Island mount (Just the moose) to all of them except for 1 (Qinsho).

Think I’ve gone through about twenty so far.
    So nearly 50% mount rate?

My 0 for 11 and counting is looking more and more shitty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    So nearly 50% mount rate?

My 0 for 11 and counting is looking more and more shitty.
    I'd say more around 25%. I just got lucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    loot boxes gonna loot box... keep rolling that RNG slot machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Possibly, but unlike Legion assaults there are tons of cosmetic rewards from islands that will always be desirable. Even if they do require 3 people to queue to do them, and hopefully they don't, that's 2 other people in your faction region-wide so I don't imagine it'll be too difficult even in 2022.
    They should make it soloable in next xpac so you just bascially farm for duboons instead ap. azerite thing should convert into reasonable duboons rewarding since it'll be disabled.

My guess is they will make it soloable but azerite will just disappear and doubloon rewards will be unchanged. So you'll be able to solo them very quickly, for basically the same rewards you get now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I'd say more around 25%. I just got lucky.
    Its not even close to 20%. Maaaaybe 3-5%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Possibly, but unlike Legion assaults there are tons of cosmetic rewards from islands that will always be desirable. Even if they do require 3 people to queue to do them, and hopefully they don't, that's 2 other people in your faction region-wide so I don't imagine it'll be too difficult even in 2022.
    2020**

ten chars
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno if people in this thread open lockboxes instead, but i get a mount like every 3rd-4th box.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

It's 2020 now, homie. I didn't mistype, I meant to say 2022.

4x [Crestfall Salvage] boxes opened.
    2x Squawks in the first two and no mounts in the 3rd and 4th.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How is it worth it if the chance is so high? it deems them common and therefore not so desirable. Mounts should always be a very low chance, in all scenarios, in order to make them RARE.

7+ Year Old Account
    Bought in total of 17 boxes now, obtained 5 mounts inside so aprox 30% droprate for me. Not bad <3

I am in a very weird place atm with those boxes. I had not received a single mount from the boxes since 8.3 release (out of about 5-7 boxes, so I guess the amount is still low) but I got 3 IE mounts just from the islands themselves. It seems clear to me that that the drop rate from the actual islands have been upped too

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    How is it worth it if the chance is so high? it deems them common and therefore not so desirable. Mounts should always be a very low chance, in all scenarios, in order to make them RARE.
    There are different degrees of rarity, and not everything has to be super rare.

Even with boxes, the mounts are not that frequent and still require a decent amount of work

Gonna have to disagree, you dont need every mount to be a baron rivendare mount. Most should be easy enough to get if you work at it with very few uber rares

Its all about a balance. Some mounts are so bad to get I wont even bother trying to get them (MOP world bosses, "old" island mounts etc etc)
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by badmdog View Post
    Bought in total of 17 boxes now, obtained 5 mounts inside so aprox 30% droprate for me. Not bad <3
    0/15 so, shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Auch, may the RNG God be with you next time!

Two mounts (including Squawks) in two boxes back to back, I used all my luck available for the next few months. However I previously bought 10 boxes without anything. Zero mounts from the islands since 8.3 (and I do around 15-20 islands every week).
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-03-15 at 11:27 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Time for me to begin opening a bunch of necromancer boxes!

Thanks for sharing info about islands

Random kind of related question. Is there any logic to when you win more or less doubloons or is it all rng?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!