View Poll Results: Was there really a lack of content in Warlords of Draenor?

Voters
354. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

296 83.62%
  • No

58 16.38%
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagicc View Post
    in 5 years, people will start comparing current expansion to bfa and calling bfa a masterpiece.
    If they keep going the same downhill direction that future expanc might very well be even worse than Bfa which is hard to imagine at the moment.

Wod does indeed look like masterpiece in comparison to Bfa.
    "I just don't want to pay taxes." - Bobby Kotick

Yeah it was pretty fucking sparse when it came to actual content.

BFA might not be a great expansion but its ignorant to deny that it has content to do, whether you want to do the content or not doesn't mean its not there.

There was content to do but it wasn't very engaging. That's why people unsubbed and did other things, as logging in for an hour a day or so for most people wasn't worth the $15 a month.
    "Your name was stolen? I see... Well, I guess that happens from time to time..."

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Someone recently made a good point about Warlords of Draenor, that left me thinking:

Was there really a lack of content in Warlords of Draenor?

If I think back, I actually did spend a lot of time on activities outside of raiding:
    - Trying to unlock followers
    - Clearing out your mines and herb farm (and upgrading them)
    - Going out and trying to trap animals for furs and blood
    - Farming reputation with those tiger-people
    - Collecting dingy coins on my rogue to trade for cosmetics and toys

Comparing it to 8.3 right now:
    - Dailies
    - Visions

Post-thread Reply:

This cynical nature of people combined with a 'smugger-than-thou' attitude is so extremely common on internet boards. It's rather amusing.

But no, I admit that the comparison between the two was not fair and perhaps in the spur of the moment being annoyed at the slow ass 8.3 dailies I was a bit too hasty in my sentiments.
    Way to undermine your own argument against people's criticism of your list. Also, to add to that criticism, more than half of your list is just garrison stuff. Not just any garrison stuff, most of it is the material farming aspect of it. Which not only was done in five minutes, but counting each mat separately is stretching the hell out of things here. The material buildings were also some of the fastest ones to upgrade so listing upgrading them as an argument against lack of content makes no sense. You waited a few days without any significant input from the player until you could finally upgrade them, then you waited till the upgrade itself finished and then you went done with it for the entire expansion. And most WoD reputations were outright atrocious, requiring you to farm a billion mobs from revered to exalted.

Besides, BfA is also not that great. The criticism of WoD is mainly in contrast to what came before it because that was the main point of comparison when people were starting to pan it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Slant is an extremist, willing to sacrifice the lives of everyone to keep his wet dream of the EU alive.
    You shouldn't support people like him, it's like supporting ISIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Way to undermine your own argument against people's criticism of your list.
    What was my argument against the criticism of my list? I don't think I had any, as far as I'm aware I was only acknowledging that my comparison was unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "we dont want you playing demonology"
    yeah ok sure.
    The issue with Demonology back then was a severe tuning issue (which has also plagued BfA, case in point the HoA trait wack-a-mole or the Corrupted gear imbalance), not a design one. In retrospect, inclusion of DH in Legion (which was already being worked on before WoD even released) probably also played a role. Design-wise Demonology played great in WoD.

What was my argument against the criticism of my list? I don't think I had any, as far as I'm aware I was only acknowledging that my comparison was unfair.
    It's almost as if I quoted the line of your post before you acknowledged that. And it's almost as if I bolded it together with said acknowledgment. Could it have been for a reason?
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Slant is an extremist, willing to sacrifice the lives of everyone to keep his wet dream of the EU alive.
    You shouldn't support people like him, it's like supporting ISIS.

Someone recently made a good point about Warlords of Draenor, that left me thinking:

If I think back, I actually did spend a lot of time on activities outside of raiding:

- Dailies
    - Visions

Post-thread Reply:

This cynical nature of people combined with a 'smugger-than-thou' attitude is so extremely common on internet boards. It's rather amusing.

But no, I admit that the comparison between the two was not fair and perhaps in the spur of the moment being annoyed at the slow ass 8.3 dailies I was a bit too hasty in my sentiments.

The reason why I made this thread was because for a brief moment I had a conversation with someone where I stated: "In WoD there was nothing to do but raiding," to which they answered with: "that's not true, we had to trap animals, got to do achievements for followers, farming the orcs in the pits of Blackrock Foundry, the entire main storyline campaign with Gul'dan, upgrading your mines and herb farm, etc."

And my reaction was a sudden realization that I actually did spend a lot of time outside my garrison. In fact going out to trap elite wolves in Nagrand might've actually been one of my favourite activities. And you know what? Clearing out the mine and herb farm everyday was something I enjoyed too. Even the mission table was something that made me look forward to logging in every day.

Did WoD have a lot of content? No.
    Was I disappointed with how little content it had? Yes. Mostly because you could just feel that corners had been cut. This was not the Blizzard we were used to. (A sentiment I'm getting with 8.3 too).
    Was the content that was there actually more enjoyable than I remember it being? Probably.
    this is kind of like asking was the loss of life during world war 1/2 really that bad, its really something you had to be there for afterwards it SOUNDS great, and all the systems that we use today SOUND finished, but really weren't.

Its honestly impossible to understand it without having been there, the lag spikes and such sound extreme and i can assume knowledge based on oceanic shitty servers but we'll never really understand it completely and it was bad.
    Make sure if you still play your voice is heard if it matters to you, Mine wasn't.
    https://simplearmory.com/#/us/aman't...ectable/mounts
    BFA is another failure on Blizzard for leaving out information yet again despite promising communication with players while Azerite armor is an unfun system forced onto us to keep us grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    M+ has done nothing to fix WoW. Sub counts are lower than WoD. M+ was the wrong way to go. It should not be praised in the slightest. You have to realize that Legion subs were lower than WoD. M+ failed as content.
    Considering we don't know the sub count, everything you're saying has absolutely no basis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Some people did them I figure. I mean i do see people on those mounts obtained from challenge mode dungeons every now and then. But ya, Challenge Mode was better than Mythic plus.
    It was't. That's why it's gone. It's really not complicated

Field Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruth1400 View Post
    good job comparing the entirety of an expansion to 1 patch.
    lmao this.

- Dailies
    - Visions

Post-thread Reply:

The reason why I made this thread was because for a brief moment I had a conversation with someone where I stated: "In WoD there was nothing to do but raiding," to which they answered with: "that's not true, we had to trap animals, got to do achievements for followers, farming the orcs in the pits of Blackrock Foundry, the entire main storyline campaign with Gul'dan, upgrading your mines and herb farm, etc."

And my reaction was a sudden realization that I actually did spend a lot of time outside my garrison. In fact going out to trap elite wolves in Nagrand might've actually been one of my favourite activities. And you know what? Clearing out the mine and herb farm everyday was something I enjoyed too. Even the mission table was something that made me look forward to logging in every day.

Did WoD have a lot of content? No.
    Was I disappointed with how little content it had? Yes. Mostly because you could just feel that corners had been cut. This was not the Blizzard we were used to. (A sentiment I'm getting with 8.3 too).
    Was the content that was there actually more enjoyable than I remember it being? Probably.
    Just the fact that you're comparing the entirety of WoD (incl. all its patch content) with one single BfA patch just shows how little WoD had to offer and especially how stupid your question is. Besides that you are just comparing what 8.3 added and not what you can still do in this patch. One good thing that Blizz did since Legion is that all the patches didn't make the previous content irrelevant. Nazjatar, Mechagon, the 2 continents, all the dungeons and heck even warfronts and islands still continue to be relevant.

in 5 years, people will start comparing current expansion to bfa and calling bfa a masterpiece.
    You mean that it is not a masterpiece right now?!

I kid, obviously. But you’re right about the rose-colored glasses of nostalgia. We spent years hearing people claim that Mists was absolute hot garbage and now some of those same people talk about how much they miss it.

For the record, I actually liked it. Beautiful zones, beautiful music, enjoyable story.
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

it has a selfie patch, and u asking if it lacked content? that was a 'major' patch with its addition content selfie cam and a raid delayed since beta, even blizz own employees didn't know if they should call it a major patch or not
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I loved the Garrisons, except for the recurring grindy parts. Building your own little village was a cool upgrade to the game. I guess it made the world more anti-social, but I don't things are better in the current state of the game. Where do people hang out now? Hordies aren't swarming Zuldazar, are they in Orgrimmar? Are they in Nazjatar? Mechagon? The only time I see a lot of players in the zone doing the content is when I get ambushed by an alliance swarm. At any rate, I think they should reintroduce garrisons, but make it necessary for you to do content outside it as well.
    Mother pus bucket!

no one call WoD masterpiece
    no one call even cata a masterpiece
    the argue on best exp is stuck between wrath tbc mop, and while legion is considered a good exp it still isn't competing on top (wrath is obvious winner in polls however)
    there are always ppl who hate X exp or Y, but u can easily tell if it was minority or majority from just login and play, in Legion i met far more ppl outdoors than in BFA, and in wrath Lagran was a mess and so on
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Yup and this is why WoD remains the worst expansion by a fair margin for me personally. It's not all bad (I actually think just based on the strength of the raids, WoD is superior to other expansions like Wotlk for me) but definitely I felt a lack of content and I spent probably half my week sending garrison missions and opening salvage boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    If they keep going the same downhill direction that future expanc might very well be even worse than Bfa which is hard to imagine at the moment.

Wod does indeed look like masterpiece in comparison to Bfa.
    i agree. blizz keep lowering our expectation below floor
    I still remember ppl mocking the lack of creativity in wrath when they gave each class only 2/3 spells instead of the 5 from TBC, now we get exp with remove spells and talents
    Thrall

WoD was abandoned. Lack of content is what it had the most. They could have done many things and then started to treat garrisons as if it was godlike and everything would be brought to it, gear, farming, etc. And let's not forget the selfie cam patch.
    The content it had, had from the beginning, nothing new after patches later. I don't think you can look back and say it had loads of content. Enjoy the expansion? All fine, i know people that enjoyed it while it had things to do. After the lack of content was hard to enjoy. Shame really, could have been one of the best expansions, was not well dealt with.

What I liked about WoD was that you could get easily into pvp with your alts and you had close to zero maintance on them.
    It was really easy to catch up on others without spending time on other stuff and you didn't have to spend time grinding ap or running mythics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Considering we don't know the sub count, everything you're saying has absolutely no basis.

- - - Updated - - -

It was't. That's why it's gone. It's really not complicated
    Proof that people didn't do them?

Well, maybe because Blizzard and their gameplay philosophy go backwards, instead of improving? No wonder people tend to appreciete something they once hated, when the next thing they receive is even more shit.