View Poll Results: Was there really a lack of content in Warlords of Draenor?

Voters
354. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

296 83.62%
  • No

58 16.38%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagicc View Post
    in 5 years, people will start comparing current expansion to bfa and calling bfa a masterpiece.
    You know that this could really happen it would not be strange at all.
    The thing is that normally every WoW expansion is a little bit worse than the ones before. Legion was the big exception to that.
    Yes, if we are looking back e.g. MoP was awesome, but a big part of that is because everything after it was so terrible.

M+ would have made WoD one of the best expansions, it's a shame it missed out because so much of WoD was good

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    You have to grind levels for your neck, grind for essences, grind for the right azerite pieces, grind levels for your cloak, and grind out the right corrupted gear just so you can raid.

Unfortunately all of that is just boring ass bullshit. BfA definitely has more to do, it's just not fun to do it and it's a gate keeping you from doing the actual fun content like raiding.
    That's not content, sorry. That's a time sink to get you to play longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    M+ would have made WoD one of the best expansions, it's a shame it missed out because so much of WoD was good
    Challenge Modes were better than Mythic Plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    That's not content, sorry. That's a time sink to get you to play longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering virtually no one did them, and they were only relevant for the first tier of the expansion. No, they weren't. That's why M+ replaced challenge mode silly

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Still, I'd take WoD's 2 apexis dailies over emissaries/visions any day of the week.
    I am sure many would because Apexis were worthless and offered zero rewards of value so people just skipped them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post

You did CM once and were done with them. The only way you did more is if you couldn't finish them in time or wanted to try to go for a top time on your server for the titles. For most players they didn't even bother with them at all, those that did them it was a 1 and done scenario.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

WoD was ok, but the biggest problem was the last patch was scrapped due to titans cancelation and coaching necessary.
    Honestly, if world quests had made it it would've been great.

At least it was fun to play. Classes/specs were fun. Cant say that from Legion onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    uhm,yeah,benched with the char he isnt optimal not the playerhimself,but if for some insane reason he had no optimal chars,he would be benched completly obviously,not having perfect traits in 8.3 is like atleast a 20% dps loss,rogerbrown does not magicaly play better than others in the guild to make up for a 20% dps loss
    your incoherent wordsalad is wrong, but w/e.

The Unstoppable Force
    Quote Originally Posted by 123youshowme View Post
    You don't think someone would be benched if they were doing 20% less DPS? Really? Come on. Guilds switch which classes are in the group for each fight because different classes are stronger on different fights. DPS is one of the biggest factors in deciding who comes and who doesn't in mythic guilds. It's usually based on class because all the raiders are expected to be on the same level in terms of skills.

WoD managed to surpass Cataclysm as the worst expansion. Yes there was a lack of content. When everyone sits and camps Poundfist because it’s some of the only “content” that’s saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Had WoD had M+, it would have been much more tolerable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    M+ has done nothing to fix WoW. Sub counts are lower than WoD. M+ was the wrong way to go. It should not be praised in the slightest. You have to realize that Legion subs were lower than WoD. M+ failed as content.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2020-01-20 at 12:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Was there really a lack of content in Warlords of Draenor?
    Short answer: yes.
    Long answer: HELL yes.

If I think back, I actually did spend a lot of time on activities outside of raiding:
    - Trying to unlock followers
    Which you unlocked either in raid, or while leveling, and were quick to do so.

- Clearing out your mines and herb farm (and upgrading them)
    - Going out and trying to trap animals for furs and blood
    - Farming reputation with those tiger-people
    so... farming. Which you did in every single expansion. What's next? Going to count 'leveling your character' as 'content' for WoD, too?

Comparing it to 8.3 right now:
    - Dailies
    - Visions
    Such a dishonest list, so wholly incomplete.. You list all the menial things like "upgrading your garrison" as WoD content, but leave so much stuff in the new patch. In 8.3 alone we have:
    • Mythic+ new seasonal affix
    • Reputations to grind
    • Farming for consumables
    • Leveling up our Heart of Azeroth
    • Unlocking and leveling our Essences
    • Horrific Visions
    • Farming rares for toys/mounts/pets
    • Upgrading your cloak.
    • Researching all your Titan Research options
    • N'Zoth invasions

Looks like 8.3 alone got WoD beat, based on your list, eh?
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

This is probably the worst thread I've seen in a while. BFA is trash but you're really delusional enough to say that it has less content than WoD? Come on.

Do you consider facebook "waiting for a bar to fill up" games to be content? If so, then it wasn't lacking content at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Im honestly blown away by this reply,Im at a loss for words what part of what I said was incoherent,or how

Selfy Cam Patch. Enough said. Nothing can beat the lack of content of WoD when AN ENTIRE patch is about a... social media feature.... that nobody used.

Yes it did...

So much was cut and then there was the major patch that even the devs admitted was small enough to be a side patch.
    Hope, the greatest power of all!

#WithoutRespectWeReject

You don't think someone would be benched if they were doing 20% less DPS? Really? Come on. Guilds switch which classes are in the group for each fight because different classes are stronger on different fights. DPS is one of the biggest factors in deciding who comes and who doesn't in mythic guilds. It's usually based on class because all the raiders are expected to be on the same level in terms of skills.
    You don't do 20% less, esp on progression. I dunno where this headcanon came from.
    You just pulled out a number out of your ass and believe people are gonna take that as some sort of objective truth.

Plus, again, no. It's not damage. I liked using method kids as the example because they all do equivalent damage during progression, it's things like priority damage and spec utility that determines a spot, not their place on details.

So again, sco aint gonna swap out rogerbrown if he doesn't have "muh bis" during progression. During progression it's highly fucking unlikely that anyone has perfect traits, and that's the only time comp matters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Im honestly blown away by this reply,Im at a loss for words what part of what I said was incoherent,or how
    That's the best part about it, your babbling is incoherent and you think that it isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Short answer: yes.
    Long answer: HELL yes.

If I think back, I actually did spend a lot of time on activities outside of raiding:

Which you unlocked either in raid, or while leveling, and were quick to do so.

so... farming. Which you did in every single expansion. What's next? Going to count 'leveling your character' as 'content' for WoD, too?

Such a dishonest list, so wholly incomplete.. You list all the menial things like "upgrading your garrison" as WoD content, but leave so much stuff in the new patch. In 8.3 alone we have:
    • Mythic+ new seasonal affix
    • Reputations to grind
    • Farming for consumables
    • Leveling up our Heart of Azeroth
    • Unlocking and leveling our Essences
    • Horrific Visions
    • Farming rares for toys/mounts/pets
    • Upgrading your cloak.
    • Researching all your Titan Research options
    • N'Zoth invasions

Looks like 8.3 alone got WoD beat, based on your list, eh?
    you're being dishonest including rep farming/consumables/mount farm because there were just as many things like that in WoD.
    stables was a good couple weeks of activity, coliseum too.

Most people just put in the inn and tried to spam the gold bonus followers, but that was by no means all the garrison had in ot.

The Unstoppable Force
    You don't do 20% less, esp on progression. I dunno where this headcanon came from.
    You just pulled out a number out of your ass and believe people are gonna take that as some sort of objective truth.
    I didn't pull it out of my ass. It's called math.

Average top parses on warcraft logs are between 50k and 60k. Infinite Stars ranges from 23k DPS(Frost DK) to 11k(Destruction) DPS increase. That's between 18% on the low end and 46% on the high end damage increase depending on class.

Saying 20% is actually on the lower end of the spectrum and understating the absolutely fucking insane importance of RNG this patch.

Plus, again, no. It's not damage. I liked using method kids as the example because they all do equivalent damage during progression, it's things like priority damage and spec utility that determines a spot, not their place on details.

So again, sco aint gonna swap out rogerbrown if he doesn't have "muh bis" during progression. During progression it's highly fucking unlikely that anyone has perfect traits, and that's the only time comp matters.
    DPS is super important for both pushing boss phases and for killing priority targets. I don't know how you think DPS is unimportant in mythic raiding.
    Last edited by Wyrt; 2020-01-20 at 01:34 AM.

I didn't pull it out of my ass. It's called math.

Average top parses on warcraft logs are between 50k and 60k. Infinite Stars ranges from 23k DPS(Frost DK) to 11k(Destruction) DPS increase. That's between 18% on the low end and 46% on the high end damage increase depending on class.

Saying 20% is actually on the lower end of the spectrum and understating the absolutely fucking insane importance of RNG this patch.
    So you think your napkin math isn't something you pulled out of your ass?

jesus christ.

And just so you're on track, we were talking about traits, like i literally gave specific examples in a post and you leapfrogged all of that to talk about some idiocy you thought up with corruptions.

jesus tap-dancing christ.

The Unstoppable Force
    So you think your napkin math isn't something you pulled out of your ass?

jesus christ.

And just so you're on track, we were talking about traits, like i literally gave specific examples in a post and you leapfrogged all of that to talk about some idiocy you thought up with corruptions.

jesus tap-dancing christ.
    Bud, we've been talking about Corruption and more specifically Infinite Stars since you first responded to my initial post when you insisted that raiders didn't need to bother with Corruption to raid.