View Poll Results: Was there really a lack of content in Warlords of Draenor?

Voters
354. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

296 83.62%
  • No

58 16.38%
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    as much as wod was a disaster, 8.3 doesn't have THAT much content. 2 reps, an advanced scenario system, a raid, the assaults in uldum and vale, and the couple hour quest line at the start. wod did have that and a bit more. like i said, compare a patch to a patch. comparing a patch to an expansion is just stupid.
    New pet dungeon, new armor and weapons system in corrupted gear, 2 new races and death knight race changes, legendary transmog, new toys, mounts and pets, changed deepwind gorge, new mythic + affix and probably something more i cant think of right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    WoD sucks but there was no mission phone app so I don't think you played it. If you did and you are remembering things that distortedly and little, you don't really have a reason to comment even if I agree with you that the expansion was awful.
    Oh, really? Looks like it's not me the one who did not play WoD...

I mean, how hard is it to Google "Warlords of Draenor mobile" to verify if there was one or not?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    as much as wod was a disaster, 8.3 doesn't have THAT much content. 2 reps, an advanced scenario system, a raid, the assaults in uldum and vale, and the couple hour quest line at the start. wod did have that and a bit more. like i said, compare a patch to a patch. comparing a patch to an expansion is just stupid.
    Well, I wasn't the one who started the "patch-to-expansion" comparison. And as far as endgame content goes? Patch 8.3 does put the entirety of WoD in the dust. In WoD I'd do the one single daily the game had (a daily that QUICKLY grew obsolete the moment you set foot into raiding), then sit in my garrison micro-managing work orders and table missions while waiting for LFD/LFR queue to pop for the dailies, or just checking my Garrisons mobile app to, again, micromanage my work orders and table missions.

In patch 8.3 alone, I'm spending a good dose of time doing the dailies in Uldum, the dailies in the Vale, and doing Horrific Visions. Not to mention the rest of the non-8.3 content the game has to offer.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2020-01-20 at 04:32 AM.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

yes, the most reneged expac in WOW history

was it worst expac in WOW history? yes prior to BFA, now that's debatable

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Someone recently made a good point about Warlords of Draenor, that left me thinking:

Was there really a lack of content in Warlords of Draenor?

If I think back, I actually did spend a lot of time on activities outside of raiding:
    - Trying to unlock followers
    - Clearing out your mines and herb farm (and upgrading them)
    - Going out and trying to trap animals for furs and blood
    - Farming reputation with those tiger-people
    - Collecting dingy coins on my rogue to trade for cosmetics and toys

Comparing it to 8.3 right now:
    - Dailies
    - Visions
    ''Oh let me list what I could do over the entire expansion, vs just literally 2 features out of many in the new patch. If you are gonna use as a feature cleaning your mines/gardens/trapping animals, you might as well count the new pet battle dungeon as a feature too for 8.3. I swear you haters are biased af.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

I mean, how hard is it to Google "Warlords of Draenor mobile" to verify if there was one or not?
    for Legion, blizzard had a App that worked very well for doing missions, WOD app was not a blizzard app, and very clunky

Questions like this always depend on what you like to do.

If 9.0 has 0 content. I will still have a lot to do.

-Leveling more characters.
    -Start getting all reputations to Exalted.
    -Farm gold to buy expensive stuff.
    -Get all mounts.
    -Get all pets
    -Get all transmog
    -Skill up archaeology on all alts.
    -Do all storylines in all zones since I forgot about them.
    -Actually do some Pvp for once.

So when people say "This patch only brings visions etc" they are just saying I like 0.5% of what the game has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    New pet dungeon, new armor and weapons system in corrupted gear, 2 new races and death knight race changes, legendary transmog, new toys, mounts and pets, changed deepwind gorge, new mythic + affix and probably something more i cant think of right now.
    Now watch as the OP says 'These are not features!' while saying that cleaning your damn mine/garden or catching a couple of beasts was a feature lol.

M+ is such a terrible addition to this game. It's literally just affix dungeons and it excuses the devs from making much more engaging content that frustration timers. I completely stopped doing them because the community around it is fucking toxic and does nothing but bring out the horrible rush culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Good job comparing the entirety of an expansion to 1 patch.
    Exactly...

WOD did have a lack of content and you also ignored or forgot about half the stuff that is in patch 8.3 while for some reason while including boring stuff like "trapping animals and the herb garden and mine"... It took like 5 mins to clear your mine and herb garden each day and maybe 1 hour a week to trap enough animals to last 1-2 weeks of work orders. Islands get a lot of hate (personally I like them) but even if you don't like them, surely they are still more dynamic, fun and interesting than those 3 garrison related chores of WOD and the 3-6 mins it takes to do 1 island is about the same as it takes to clear both the mine and herb garden.

You also ignored things like pet battle dungeon in 8.3. You might not enjoy it. You might not even consider it content... but what did WOD have as alternatives ? Nothing.

You mentioned things like unlocking followers in WOD. BFA has unlocking essences and their different ranks instead. A system that actually affects the core gameplay.

I'm personally also still finishing up my nazjatar and mechagon activities. Fine that's not 8.3 but as previously mentioned... You didn't leave your comparison to a patch vs patch thing. You compared the entirety of the expansion to this 1 latest patch.

I personally actually thing there is more added to the game in this patch than WOD got in all of its patches (not including that all WODS patches combined = multiple raids).

There are far more little side things and easter eggs in BFA too. Stuff like the Jani Trashmaster achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    for Legion, blizzard had a App that worked very well for doing missions, WOD app was not a blizzard app, and very clunky
    Are you sure? I distinctly remember using a phone app to manage my garrison stuff in WoW back in WoD, since I didn't even bother logging in more than twice a week for raiding.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Now watch as the OP says 'These are not features!' while saying that cleaning your damn mine/garden or catching a couple of beasts was a feature lol.
    This cynical nature of people combined with a 'smugger-than-thou' attitude is so extremely common on internet boards. It's rather amusing.

But no, I admit that the comparison between the two was not fair and perhaps in the spur of the moment being annoyed at the slow ass 8.3 dailies I was a bit too hasty in my sentiments.

The reason why I made this thread was because for a brief moment I had a conversation with someone where I stated: "In WoD there was nothing to do but raiding," to which they answered with: "that's not true, we had to trap animals, got to do achievements for followers, farming the orcs in the pits of Blackrock Foundry, the entire main storyline campaign with Gul'dan, upgrading your mines and herb farm, etc."

And my reaction was a sudden realization that I actually did spend a lot of time outside my garrison. In fact going out to trap elite wolves in Nagrand might've actually been one of my favourite activities. And you know what? Clearing out the mine and herb farm everyday was something I enjoyed too. Even the mission table was something that made me look forward to logging in every day.

Did WoD have a lot of content? No.
    Was I disappointed with how little content it had? Yes. Mostly because you could just feel that corners had been cut. This was not the Blizzard we were used to. (A sentiment I'm getting with 8.3 too).
    Was the content that was there actually more enjoyable than I remember it being? Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Considering virtually no one did them, and they were only relevant for the first tier of the expansion. No, they weren't. That's why M+ replaced challenge mode silly
    Some people did them I figure. I mean i do see people on those mounts obtained from challenge mode dungeons every now and then. But ya, Challenge Mode was better than Mythic plus.

WoD is my favorite expansion but this thread is offensively stupid.

The Unstoppable Force
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    Questions like this always depend on what you like to do.

If 9.0 has 0 content. I will still have a lot to do.

-Leveling more characters.
    -Start getting all reputations to Exalted.
    -Farm gold to buy expensive stuff.
    -Get all mounts.
    -Get all pets
    -Get all transmog
    -Skill up archaeology on all alts.
    -Do all storylines in all zones since I forgot about them.
    -Actually do some Pvp for once.

So when people say "This patch only brings visions etc" they are just saying I like 0.5% of what the game has to offer.
    The point is that you pay for a new expansion for new stuff. If 9.0 had 0 content then why would you even buy Shadowlands?

Things like leveling more alts or doing PvP could be done regardless of buying the expansion. It's disingenuous to count them as expansion content.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Still, I'd take WoD's 2 apexis dailies over emissaries/visions any day of the week.
    If only there was actually something worth using apexis for.... They were literally worthless till the Tanaan patch. The gear you could buy vs the time it took to get enough apexis was ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I wasn't the one who started the "patch-to-expansion" comparison. And as far as endgame content goes? Patch 8.3 does put the entirety of WoD in the dust. In WoD I'd do the one single daily the game had (a daily that QUICKLY grew obsolete the moment you set foot into raiding), then sit in my garrison micro-managing work orders and table missions while waiting for LFD/LFR queue to pop for the dailies, or just checking my Garrisons mobile app to, again, micromanage my work orders and table missions.

In patch 8.3 alone, I'm spending a good dose of time doing the dailies in Uldum, the dailies in the Vale, and doing Horrific Visions. Not to mention the rest of the non-8.3 content the game has to offer.
    you not starting it doesn't mean you get a pass on perpetuating it. if it doesn't pass for an earlier argument, why would it count for yours?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    fair enough. though every big patch has toys, mounts and pets. i also wouldn't say more dk races is really content. it's really just allowing more options to experience content.

The biggest issue with WoD were:

Shattrath raid and Farahlon goners essentially cutting out the middle of an expansion story. Blizzard then poking fun at their inability to deliver Farahlon several times in their quests and shipyard missions.

Arguably tied to the first point, but 6.1 is a selfie and twitter integration patch. 6 . 1.

No Tanaan zone at cap until 6.2 when it was meant to be in 6.0, albeit non-corrupted.

Karabor and Bladespire scrapped as hubs and Ashran given instead. "N-no, we promise, you'll love Ashran just as much as a hub!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Someone recently made a good point about Warlords of Draenor, that left me thinking:

Was there really a lack of content in Warlords of Draenor?

If I think back, I actually did spend a lot of time on activities outside of raiding:
    - Trying to unlock followers
    - Clearing out your mines and herb farm (and upgrading them)
    - Going out and trying to trap animals for furs and blood
    - Farming reputation with those tiger-people
    - Collecting dingy coins on my rogue to trade for cosmetics and toys

Comparing it to 8.3 right now:
    - Dailies
    - Visions

Post-thread Reply:
    I will break this down.

follower system lasted for a little while. Until you got the follower you liked. They became a grind to gear.
    2. Was fun for a little bit.
    3.maybe for those who had stables
    4. God no, the rep grinding was awful.
    5.If you were a rogue.

You were sent to one or two areas, and told. Kill or click things until the progress bar was finished, and thats it. It was like if Blizzard threw out a bunch of junk onto the ground and said "Have fun."

BFA isnt good, but at least there was some form of non raid PVE content.
    '"Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you."
    - Grand Admiral Proudmoore

Funny this got brought up now. I went back to Draenor to unlock flying because I'm on a WoW kick lately and it's too cold to go do stuff outside where I live. the zones were really amazing and the music was on point. The issue with WoD was all that set up and build up went nowhere. It feels like they were trying to set up various zones for something epic but they just fizzle out. There were only 2 raid tiers and 1 major content patch. It had less content than any expansion. It really felt like they had a lot of ideas and for whatever reason they ran out of time or something happened internally at Blizzard where they needed to move on from WoD before it was ever finished. They cut their loses and dumped it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The biggest issue with WoD were:

Shattrath raid and Farahlon goners essentially cutting out the middle of an expansion story. Blizzard then poking fun at their inability to deliver Farahlon several times in their quests and shipyard missions.

Arguably tied to the first point, but 6.1 is a selfie and twitter integration patch. 6 . 1.

No Tanaan zone at cap until 6.2 when it was meant to be in 6.0, albeit non-corrupted.

Karabor and Bladespire scrapped as hubs and Ashran given instead. "N-no, we promise, you'll love Ashran just as much as a hub!"
    But WoD did have a potential only if garrison wasn't so OP and they didn't cut so much content.

Needless to say it wasn't enough.

For me WoD would be good IF:
    1. They severely nerfed garrison
    2. Introduced bladespire/karabor cities
    3. Introduced M+
    4. Made invasions like we have in BfA
    5. Made shattrah raid
    6. Actually added content like tannan (cause lets be honest, it wasn't bad zone, it was just not enough juice besides this single zone).

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...rds-of-Draenor