Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
20
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Completely invalid. Blizz shop looks poor anyways
    Astounding argument. Many points. Much assert.

    Regardless of how "poor" the cash shop looks, the fact remains that it's a cash shop on top of a sub fee and box price. And each mount is something that could be a reward in-game for players to pursue that is removed and added for pure greed.

    A few items like this, especially for charity events, is fine. But as I said, Blizzard is using it too much. And the timing of it when they KNOW the next 6 months will be a content drought, is not consumer friendly in the slightest.



    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Bullshit, you take restaurant bonus card not because you are emotionally attached to their dishes but because you like their food and you get a bonus when ordering X dishes. Simple as that, don't try to write some non-existent emotional reasons people would get this mount for.
    If you think this analogy fits, then you're completely ignoring the emotional investment that goes into a persistent character that players have created and played, in some cases, for over a decade. That's not anywhere near the same thing as just eating a bonus dish at a restaurant.

  2. #182
    High Overlord Aleloron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Bel Air, MD
    Posts
    186
    Who? I’ve not heard of the guy before.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Amen. Being a successful YouTuber almost always involves being a piece of shit, very few of them are successful and not complete asshat that just say what people want to hear for more views. And clickbait ect.
    Fo’ realz. YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter need to die in a fire and people need to stop making “celebrities” out of these people.

    And all of this is about as likely as Jeff Bezos depositing a few billion of his bucks into my checking account sadly.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I got the mount in my gift tab the day after it was announced because I already had a 6 month sub going on, seems like a pretty sad thing for people to be mad about, but then again, consider the source. If nothing else, he serves as an example that even on ones worst day, things could always be worse.
    Me too. I was quite happy to find the lil’ rat waiting me. I think it’s cute as all fluffy hell.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha Reborn View Post
    This thread is really good at showing that there's still plenty of people who are willing to subscribe all the time, even when Blizzard officially stated that there's no more content to be developed for BFA. It means the current playerbase are so in love with the game that there's nothing Blizzard can do to make them unsub. With that in mind, can you even criticize Blizzard for doing anything anymore? When you have a few million of players that accept everything you do, it's difficult to even consider any criticism as anything more than hate. I mean, you read all these negative posts, but when you still get tons of money, why would you let that affect you in any way? So i applaud everyone who purchased the 6 months. Bravo! You are the reason the game still exists and prospers!

    I’m confused. Do you not want the game to still be available? Do you want the servers to just be shut down and that’s the end of WoW? That’s cool if you do, but if that’s so then why post in WoW forums?

    Seriously asking; not just being a dick.
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Astounding argument. Many points. Much assert.

    Regardless of how "poor" the cash shop looks, the fact remains that it's a cash shop on top of a sub fee and box price. And each mount is something that could be a reward in-game for players to pursue that is removed and added for pure greed.

    A few items like this, especially for charity events, is fine. But as I said, Blizzard is using it too much. And the timing of it when they KNOW the next 6 months will be a content drought, is not consumer friendly in the slightest.
    Nobody forces you to buy anything from their shop, it doesn't hinder game in the slightest unlike other F2P mmos which are either unplayable without paying you are at real disadvantage by not paying.

    And since you can convert gold into blizzard currency, you can buy them while earning gold in game. It costs around the same as frogs. Before you say "waaah but its inefficient and you know it", it was always inefficient to earn gold in wow thus people just bought it for money. RMT ALWAYS existed, and it still does despite the not-against-tos method:
    --- snip ---
    Quick calculations - 100k costs about $15 and people are buying it.

    So if anything blizzard did good job introducing wow token as fair alternative, no matter how much you are against it, it did and still does exist.

    Content drought? No, there is plenty of thing to do, just because you don't enjoy it doesn't mean there won't be anything to do for that time.
    And going with your logic every patch has been content drought month after it was released.

    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    If you think this analogy fits, then you're completely ignoring the emotional investment that goes into a persistent character that players have created and played, in some cases, for over a decade. That's not anywhere near the same thing as just eating a bonus dish at a restaurant.
    Somehow it doesn't stop people from unsubing. Thing is, even if you drop sub, you are not going to loose your account so yes, that analogy fits.
    The only thing that it may appeal to is for people who are mount collectors uncertain that they will play for more than coupe of months.
    So instead of renewing subscription monthly, they will buy whole 6 months.
    Regardless, it is their choice, even if they don't do that, they can always buy mount separately.

    Long story short, there is nothing to loose here, anger should be directed at scummy FOMO tactic with removal of brontosaur:
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...01/370236/4873
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-01-20 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Removed Gold-Selling Link

  4. #184
    Who's Az? Arizona? Why would the state of Arizona be upset about Blizzard's new store mount?

    I kid, I kid, I got the gist of it, he's an youtuber, I'm sorry, what I meant to say was...

    Stop giving youtube assholes free advertisement! You're making them slightly richer for no benefit to yourself and for no intelligible reason.

  5. #185
    Yeah, a six month subscription right at the start of what may be the worst (least enjoyable, hopefully not longest) content drought in WoW's history... hard pass.

    This streamer calling it a 'stupidity tax" (assuming from the thumbnail) is ironically hilariously stupid to say, though. But whatever gets clicks I guess... he didn't get mine, unfortunately.

    The only reason I'd sub is if I planned on playing classic. And... welp, I don't.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    This cannot be stated enough. Youtubers aren't the bearers of truth. They make a living off creating drama where there is none. They are the embodiment of bias. Stop listening to anything these leeches have to say.
    Not all of them. I still watch Preach and Taliesen and Evitel, those horrible, awful shills that they are, because even though I don't play, they're entertaining. That's all I ask for, and they deliver. I like Preach's drama streams, they're funny.

    HVB was funny for a while, but he's just another complainer now. He's a notch above Asmondgold, in that he's not using YT to carry him through raids and gets mounts, but it's a small notch.

  7. #187
    I gave him a view just because we've got megabrains in the topic using terms like 'reactionary' for a video game youtuber.
    No ideology has been more murderous or detrimental to human dignity than Communism
    Quote Originally Posted by kidkilla View Post
    The Ottomans brought civilization to Greece.
    Oh my...

  8. #188
    As I always say: The biggest obstacle for me tl enjoy Wow has never been the game design, its everything around it. I started to enjoy the game a lot more when stayed of forums, youtube and the rest of it. Untill now I guess.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    how does your argument counter mine? yes, the art team can take old models and mix colors and probably get a mount done in a few days but that still doesn't mean you want the art team coding wow or designing content. you really just threw a random fact at me to make it seem like the guy i quoted had a point.
    not really. that wasnt in my mind. my only intention was to show how hillarious cheap shitty blizz is doing here. i dont care on blizzards resource problems, which team is responsible for what and whatever, when the effect is that they bring that shitty mount as „content“ for a half year in exchange for you paying them for that half year. thats hillarious.

    its obvious that they just invest lowest effort possible and bring up a lousy, quick putted together cheap shit mount, and going „take this and pay us for a half year“. it would be still hillarious if they ask you for a half year of sub for a new great mount that really is outstanding. but that mount clearly shows blizzards state. they didnt even tried. thats pathetic.

    but i didnt say this to counter your argument or anything.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AkundaMrdal View Post
    Yes my bet is they want payment now, so they can show better quarter earnings. Tokens bought year or two ago doesn't give them anything.
    yep, quarter earnings are the most important priority these days. but when they sold tokens now, this is only possible when someone pay them 20 dollars to sell that token. so they make now more money then with subs. therefore i do not get it fully.

    ah, now i get what you mean. ppl that horted tokens and bought tokens in past. yes, maybe you are right here.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-01-20 at 05:57 AM.

  10. #190
    Man, sure seems 'toxic' in this thread with all the personal attacks.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I gave him a view just because we've got megabrains in the topic using terms like 'reactionary' for a video game youtuber.
    And alt-right. Some people really need to get their priorities in order.

  11. #191
    I think the monthly cost is cheaper when you buy the 6 month sub, so I save a bit of money. Plus this is the second free mount I have received.

    At this point I am still enjoying WoW so I continue playing. If I didn't the the lure of a free mount wouldn't be enough.

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    I got the 6 months game time and didn't get a mount.

    /REEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Because of Vulpera. Idgaf about cows

  13. #193
    I just wish they d given us something cooler than a rat...

    Vanilla purist.

  14. #194
    I still don't understand why people are watching those stupid youtubers. Even less advertising them.

    I guess because it's easy and it makes you feel part of a group... of stupids. But still a group.

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    I just wish they d given us something cooler than a rat...
    2020 is the year of the Rat... just like 2019 was the year of the Pig (Hogrus) and 2018 was the year of the Dog (whatever that dog mount was called).

    Why is this a surprise to anyone? It's the 3rd year they've done a lunar new year mount.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    2020 is the year of the Rat... just like 2019 was the year of the Pig (Hogrus) and 2018 was the year of the Dog (whatever that dog mount was called).

    Why is this a surprise to anyone? It's the 3rd year they've done a lunar new year mount.
    Xi Ji Ping loves Blizzard Entertainment. He, and the guards he hired for the concentration camps where he puts religious minorities.

  17. #197
    Banned Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,452
    I logged in and received a cute mouse mount. This was a fun little surprise.
    Next.

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranzplore View Post
    Just pointing this out here before this descends into critics vs Blizzard argument.

    Heelsvvsbabyface is no one's consumer champion. God knows Blizzard deserve criticism sometimes but he is not the one to dish it out.

    First, he has the very warped perspective of someone who only ever plays wow to criticize it. He quit during the entirety of Legion because there literally wasn't enough to bitch about, and came back to BFA solely it seems because there were things to complain about. That is very, very strange and suggests a very cynical agenda.

    Second, and more seriously, I don't think people understand how much of the content he used to propel him into his current situation was information stolen from smaller youtubers. He makes Warcraft Bible look like a paragon of virtue.

    And don't tell me Blizzard are bad he makes a valid point...that is not the issue here. You need to find a better poster boy for intelligent criticism. There are a ton of better critics. I'm sick of people doing free promotional work for this black hole of cynicism and plagiarism.
    Excellent post, I couldn't agree more. Finally somebody with some sense.

    "You Tubers" like this guy are a stain on the platform, as is the money this idiot makes off the poor saps on there that pay him to bitch and steal other people's content.

  19. #199
    Elemental Lord HighlordJohnstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I live at a location, somewhere, ya know? :D
    Posts
    8,920
    Look, I think Az is an okay guy, but his critiques are annoying to watch. If you criticize a game, it's best you do it with the intentions of hoping that the game will do better. Ya know? As one should? This guy literally nitpicks and rants on WoW for everything. That's that.

    Also, why rant over a free mount? Stay subbed for 6 months, and you get it. Shows you're an actual fucking fan.

  20. #200
    I don't understand why MMO-Champion is offering free advertising to this clown? He's a nobody.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •