Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That is the thing. You don't know but you are acting as if you know for certain.
    Occam's razor, the simpler explanations are usually the right one.
    Companies first act in the interest of their bottomline, thus it is reasonable to assume that they cut resources to build it.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    All companies who wish to stay in business need to make decisions that benefit their bottom line.
    The big difference is whether virtually any decision is made in favour of profit.
    A private company have freedom depending on their leadership and previous success, public traded ones don't in any case.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    This is all moot as well since Blizzard is not this bastion of virtue and moral superiority
    Where did i claim they are or would be one?
    All i said that the decision in favour of more profit is even more likely in a public traded company than in a private one.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    that you are claiming they would be if it wasn't for the evil publicly traded companies that have held the reins.
    Considering there have been a lot of reports over the course of last year(s) that Activision and by extension the finance department is having a greater influence on Blizzard than previously, that's not entirely unfounded.

    I'm not claiming everything would be sunshine and rainbows but the more extreme ends we are facing right were not as likely, i'd say.
    Because Blizzard hasn't resorted to these strategies in years before.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Blizzard has always tried to make money.
    Yes and that's good, i am willing to pay them money for quality products.
    But i disapprove if they are conducting business practices that do not appear as a deal where you receive adequate compensation for you purchase.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Blizzard offered Diablo 3 for free + guaranteed access to MoP beta + Tyrael's Charger mount if you signed up for a 12-month subscription?
    Let's see:
    An entire game, Beta access and a mount for a 12 month sub vs. a Mount for a 6 month sub.

    Which one is the better deal?
    Not to mention, Diablo 3 incidentally came out during the content drought between Cata and MoP, so you did actually get something else to play while WoW wasn't receiving any updates.
    And could even play the MoP Beta at some point.

    I think that deal was pretty legit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Why are you acting as if Blizzard is starting doing this now?
    I don't, but if you would actually read my posts, you realize that in particular i highlight the fact that they're doing it now despite the fact that WoW won't receive any updates for another 8-10 months.
    And for the next major update, Shadowlands, you also have to pay.

    I mean, if you're doing this, i think you should at least offer people some sort of content to look forward to that goes live during the period you are subbed to.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-01-21 at 01:40 AM.

  2. #242
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    20,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranzplore View Post
    Just pointing this out here before this descends into critics vs Blizzard argument.

    Heelsvvsbabyface is no one's consumer champion. God knows Blizzard deserve criticism sometimes but he is not the one to dish it out.

    First, he has the very warped perspective of someone who only ever plays wow to criticize it. He quit during the entirety of Legion because there literally wasn't enough to bitch about, and came back to BFA solely it seems because there were things to complain about. That is very, very strange and suggests a very cynical agenda.

    Second, and more seriously, I don't think people understand how much of the content he used to propel him into his current situation was information stolen from smaller youtubers. He makes Warcraft Bible look like a paragon of virtue.

    And don't tell me Blizzard are bad he makes a valid point...that is not the issue here. You need to find a better poster boy for intelligent criticism. There are a ton of better critics. I'm sick of people doing free promotional work for this black hole of cynicism and plagiarism.
    he also doesent give a shit if hes corrected, like when ythisens who was fired from blizzard called him out on his posts about how blizzard was deleting dislieks on youtube, and how htats not possible, and az just called him a liar, and that he was not important enough to know about how all the companies in the world have this super secret pact with yotube that allows them to delete dislikes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Az did for WoW more than anyone bitching here, it used to be a guide channel with hundreds of pure entertainment videos. Criticizing the current WoW/Blizzard is actually passion, sucking Blizzard dick is just sucking Blizzard dick. Even Bellular, who used to suck Blizzard dick like a champ has completely turned against the soulless money machine.
    you know, until he quit the game cause he hated it, and made a video complaining that the new infernal is worse then the last.


    then he lost all his veiwers, so he came back to wow so he could have a veiwerbase again.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Doesn't anyone find it suspicious that he quit during Legion, but during BfA he started making WoW videos again?
    its cause he quit the game end of wod cause he hated it, but then lost all his veiwership and returned to start making money again.
    i used to watch him all the time, stopepd when he made the video complaining the old infernal is bertter then the new one.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.
    hey my top 10's aint that bad...
    plus the history videos and villians corners are great looks back at the history of the game mechanics and lore of the franchise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Let's see:
    An entire game, Beta access and a mount for a 12 month sub vs. a Mount for a 6 month sub.

    Which one is the better deal?
    Not to mention, Diablo 3 incidentally came out during the content drought between Cata and MoP, so you did actually get something else to play while WoW wasn't receiving any updates.
    And could even play the MoP Beta at some point.

    I think that deal was pretty legit.
    That's not the point. You claimed that those "bundles" are being done now, when I showed you that they have been doing this for quite some time, now.

    I don't, but if you would actually read my posts, you realize that in particular i highlight the fact that they're doing it now despite the fact that WoW won't receive any updates for another 8-10 months.
    And for the next major update, Shadowlands, you also have to pay.

    I mean, if you're doing this, i think you should at least offer people some sort of content to look forward to that goes live during the period you are subbed to.
    You would have a point if Blizzard did such promotions only during content droughts, but this is the first time they did that.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

  4. #244
    Only criticisms I have is that it would be better if you got the mount if you stayed subbed for next six months regardless if it's six 1-month subs or one 6-month sub. That way people who can't drop 60e for a 6-month sub, but can stay subbed for one month at the time would still get the mount.
    Last edited by Darkke; 2020-01-21 at 02:03 AM.

  5. #245
    For those who aren't up2date with his hipocracy:

    1) Criticize (not mock/insult) him on twitter for his mannerisms -> get instantly blocked for the first tweet.

    2) Post critical comments in his (Youtube) comment section -> get muted in said comment section.
    I had to figure this out via observing comment appearance while logged out. You can read your own comment but nobody else will be able to, also can't read his comments.
    I probably posted a dozen comments on a few videos over the years and at some point he double-checked his block-list and added my YT account.

    3) He constantly rants against censorship while censoring all his online platforms. His Youtube comment section could be seen as the most vetted/cleaned up safe-space. You will have to search for a long time to find any comment being actually critical of his points of view while scrolling trough a complete circle-yerk of self-affirmation. This echo chamber might be close to perfection compared to most YT channels.

    4) Every now and then you might stumble upon gems like 2 commenters non-jokingly talking about "someone needs to kill off Ion Hazzikostas". Sure he will dismiss it etc but his entire appearance attracts these kind of lunatics.

    5) General Highlight of dealing with his presence online: Quick peak into his pre-Blizzcon Twitch stream - while he is at prime slacktivism sitting in a Winnie-Pooh costume - randomly getting a gifted sub which I never thought about using since it seems useless talking to him about anything he doesn't agree on as long as you don't bring a large audience.

    If you are still a loyal follower: Sit down for a bit and think about his double standards.
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2020-01-21 at 02:41 AM.

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Youtubers that have a channel to flame Blizzard should stop having the rights to be youtubers. Like, you know for a fact they will try do minor or major flamings at everything they see, how can that be credible for starters even. Their credibility is resumed to their viewers, they don't really give af about wow. They use it to make "content" and nothing more. And if that wasn't enough, it spreads more negativity about it, as if we don't have already enough.
    Advocating for the removal of free speech is never good.

    Just because you don't like what the youtube is saying isn't ground for removing their voice. If you don't like what they're saying...DON'T FUCKING WATCH THEIR VIDS!

    I don't even agree with most of what Az has been saying lately. I feel like his channel went from actually talking about sort of interesting things going on in WoW, to just constantly complaining about everything, and making fun of SJW woke idiots.

    But that doesn't mean he should be shut down completely. Consider the famous quote carefully next time before you suggest something so offensive.

    "I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The basis of it seems to be that you and others think that most people are too stupid to resist. That's insulting and as bad as the YouTubers who incite this bullshit to up their views.

    Seems like I'm on a quote binge today. George Carlin said it best: “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

    I'm not suggesting that's everyone. Obviously the opposite of the quote is also true: There are plenty of smart people who will buy things after careful consideration, even the 6 month sub.

    But Blizzard is absolutely doing the math on this. They know that there are enough players out there that absolutely WILL buy things without actually thinking about it, and that's what this "Deal" is targeted at. And the fact that Blizzard is taking advantage of that purposefully is something everyone should sit up and pay attention to(not that this is the first time they've done something like this, but each case is important to note).

    Could Az have done a better, less offensive way of articulating this point? Absolutely! In my last post I just said I dislike the way he's been going about things lately, and the video in question is one of the reasons why.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-01-21 at 02:47 AM.

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I followed his channel for like 3 months last year, and ever since then all he ever uploaded were whining/outrage videos. Never seen any constructive content from him ever. If that ever happened, it was probably years back.
    Once upon a time Az was entertaining and informative, then when he came back to WoW from his attempt at a new variety channel (Mid-Life Bar Crisis) he went full on whining anti-SJW anti-feminism nonsense and became uninteresting except to the niche hardcore crowd that thrives on such content.
    Shut your goddamn mouth, Gene!

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I think this hits the nail on the head.

    We've already seen this line be crossed with EA and the Battlefront 2 lootbox fiasco, resulting in massive backlash against EA in particular, and lootboxes in a general(and sometimes legal) sense.

    But I also think Activision/Blizzard are being a bit more intelligent about how they approach this. They're easing into it over long periods of time instead of shocking the consumer-base with a massive push. The "Boiling Frog" effect applied to micro-transactions and monetization.

    Sadly, I think at this point the current playerbase is largely either too invested, or too desensitized to these types of methods to really notice. And so I think Blizzard is going to be able to keep pushing, and worse....anchoring the expectations of players. So even if there is an eventual push-back against the business model, it will still be to a spot further along than I feel is healthy for consumers.
    Lots of fuss was made over mounts. Unfortunately it took the helms that resulted in players griefing other players who bought the helms that had Blizzard take halt. That was some time ago and I am not sure if the community would have the same response.

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkke View Post
    Only criticisms I have is that it would be better if you got the mount if you stayed subbed for next six months regardless if it's six 1-month subs or one 6-month sub. That way people who can't drop 60e for a 6-month sub, but can stay subbed for one month at the time would still get the mount.
    pretty sure they can count those 6months in the next quarter reports for investors. Boost numbers in the short term, especially if they think they need to look good in that particular quarter.

  10. #250
    All that rant about that mount don't realize one thing: It's free. If you had a six month subscription for the previous store mount you can get this one and still cancel in time (or switch to monthly).

    I was kind of meh not my kind of mount gonna cancel, then I realized I had it in my mail already, squeaked, and cancelled anyways because content draught is imminent.

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Lots of fuss was made over mounts. Unfortunately it took the helms that resulted in players griefing other players who bought the helms that had Blizzard take halt. That was some time ago and I am not sure if the community would have the same response.
    That's sort of what I meant by "Anchoring". Blizzard has gotten players used to the idea of store mounts, so it's no longer a question of "if", but "how many".

  12. #252
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    Excellent post, I couldn't agree more. Finally somebody with some sense.

    "You Tubers" like this guy are a stain on the platform, as is the money this idiot makes off the poor saps on there that pay him to bitch and steal other people's content.
    the only reason he did that video was because Batwoman hadn't aired yet this year and he needed something to bitch about. dude is toxic, hardly epic

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So the only reason why it is bad to offer optional content is because it might have gone into the game for no additional charge? That isn't a good enough reason. There is no indication that the stuff added to the game for base cost are suffering in quality because of the store. This is also no indication that the store stuff would be in the game if the store did not exist.

    What ifs are not a good reason to deny something.
    its like going to a restaurant for a lunch each day, and DEMANDING that you get the dessert for free, even though its not a part of lunch menu, and when you dont get it for free, ranting that they should stop selling desserts, and give them free, bcs you already pay for lunch

    so, entitled whining basicaly by Karen
    ... i mean Kralljin

  14. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Fuck 'em. All of them.
    So this is how you really feel when you are free from the shackles of being a Moderator. Welcome home my child.

  15. #255
    People complaining about a free Mount again?

    Imagine my shock.

  16. #256

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Advocating for the removal of free speech is never good.

    Just because you don't like what the youtube is saying isn't ground for removing their voice. If you don't like what they're saying...DON'T FUCKING WATCH THEIR VIDS!

    I don't even agree with most of what Az has been saying lately. I feel like his channel went from actually talking about sort of interesting things going on in WoW, to just constantly complaining about everything, and making fun of SJW woke idiots.

    But that doesn't mean he should be shut down completely. Consider the famous quote carefully next time before you suggest something so offensive.

    "I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall

    - - - Updated - - -




    Seems like I'm on a quote binge today. George Carlin said it best: “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

    I'm not suggesting that's everyone. Obviously the opposite of the quote is also true: There are plenty of smart people who will buy things after careful consideration, even the 6 month sub.

    But Blizzard is absolutely doing the math on this. They know that there are enough players out there that absolutely WILL buy things without actually thinking about it, and that's what this "Deal" is targeted at. And the fact that Blizzard is taking advantage of that purposefully is something everyone should sit up and pay attention to(not that this is the first time they've done something like this, but each case is important to note).

    Could Az have done a better, less offensive way of articulating this point? Absolutely! In my last post I just said I dislike the way he's been going about things lately, and the video in question is one of the reasons why.
    Aaah, refreshing comment in this shit infested thread.

    ---------------------------------------------
    I will honestly never understand people with several thousand comments here on mmochampion who go "fuck youtubers, why do you even listen to them?", I mean all you do is reading and replying to other, noname people's opinions all day everyday, opinions, that are not even that professionally constructed, a good number of them is just waste of space. But fuck youtubers. Okay.

    I really liked Az's old content, not so much nowadays. He is "too much" for me, but if he enjoys his job and gets him the real life gold he needs, then by all means, go Az.
    I don't mind some shop mounts every now and then, like 1 or 2 in an expansion, but one with every patch with "free" if you stay with us for 6 months? Ugh.
    And then people wonder why we get shittier and shittier patches, and expansions...

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    He's just charging up the outrage machine for clicks and sadly the op has decided to accommodate him.

    Don't buy the six months. Don't stress about the mount. It's not stupid. It's the player's choice. The implication is that people are too stupid to know what they want. He's talking to you. He thinks he has to warn you about stuff like this because your brain cells are so attenuated that you can't see reality for what it is.

    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.
    they didnt became such a plague untill they stated to treat youtube as their full time jobs.

    thats why i mostly ignore youtubers and stick to podcasters - like Scott Johnson from the instance podcast and other similiar.

    people like Heel , Preach , Bellular and Asmonbald dont care about wow anymore - they only care about what brings them money .

  19. #259
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    21,629
    "So, what do you do for a living?"

    "Oh me? Not much, just sit around and all day, waiting some big corporation to do something that, despite having no affect on me, makes me offended and furious at the same time."

    "That sounds horrible"

    "No no, because you see, then I film myself throwing an absolute tantrum"

    "Ooookay? As a part of some therapy course or...?"

    "What, no! I put it up on an online video platform for millions of people to watch."

    "That's a job?"

    "Sure is!"

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    the only reason he did that video was because Batwoman hadn't aired yet this year and he needed something to bitch about. dude is toxic, hardly epic
    I have to be honest. I think the Batwoman show is atrocious, but those reaction vids Az makes about how bad it is make me go to the next channel. Holy crap that valley-girl voice Az does is annoying! I've started downvoting those vids. ;D

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    People complaining about a free Mount again?

    Imagine my shock.
    It's not free. It costs 6 months of sub.

    Granted, you get other things for that 6 months, but the entire concept of "Free with purchase" is an age old sales tactic that no one should be misunderstanding in 2020. :/

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    "That's a job?"

    "Sure is!"
    What do you think comedians do?

    Come on now. God....this thread is full of more disingenuous statements and misrepresentations than normal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •