Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
... LastLast
  1. #101

    Wink "cynical"

    Quote Originally Posted by Tranzplore View Post
    First, he has the very warped perspective of someone who only ever plays wow to criticize it. He quit during the entirety of Legion because there literally wasn't enough to bitch about, and came back to BFA solely it seems because there were things to complain about. That is very, very strange and suggests a very cynical agenda.
    Going by the definition of cynical, I'd argue you are the one being cynical in this instance.
    cyn·i·cal
    /ˈsinək(ə)l/
    adjective
    1. believing that people are motivated by self-interest; distrustful of human sincerity or integrity.

    If you don't like him, that's fine, just don't attack the dudes character.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli;52032824[B
    ]Like most WoW players he is an addict[/B] and hates himself for it so he trashes on a game he plays 24/7 to get consoled by his fellow addicts. Its sad people still can't move on from the 'game' when there are multiple good options out there and has been for a long time now. WoW is more of a gambling simulator with dailies/timegates and 0 substance its not healthy at all even less so than it was in the past where it was addicting because of its fun whereas now its more predatory. So not surprising it breeds and grooms this type of person.
    You're projecting the same kind of behavior you're attributing to him. Judging by your post you seem to have a very similar, if not outright same opinion regarding WoW as Babyface has, so I'm left wondering if you're ALSO playing the game, as well.

    If you call WoW "predatory", it makes me wonder if you have played any other online multiplayer game, at all.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

  3. #103
    News Alert:

    45 year old fat manchild gets upset and rants about video game company giving away cartoon ridable creatures as part of a promotion.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Heelvsbabyface is a tryhard reactionary youtuber who resorted to the same stereotypical alt-right and "anti-essjaydubya" videos after he alienated his entire audience when he was whining about stupid shit like flying.
    While I'm not happy how Blizz handled this mount, even I agree with your view here about HVBF. I only watched a few of his videos, and it's pretty clear he gets his views via the "outrage machine" and not from presenting information.

    I'm all for calling things out, and for me - it was a post or two worth of responses. It's not worth a 10-minute-Youtube-Algorithm-detecting anger-rant. >_<

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I see white knights defending Blizz, and don't see an reason.
    You do know this is not a dichotomy, right? We can dislike Az and question his objectivity AND disagree with Blizzard's current direction, right?

    Let's don't do 8.3.5 patch, but instead put stupid china rat mount, and everyone will be happy. WIN WIN!
    The nonsense in this post is astounding. You are basically equating the work necessary to develop a '.5' patch to the work required to develop a single mount. Second: Blizzard has done "chinese new year" mounts for quite some time. The Chinese year of 2020 is the rat. Last year was the pig. 2018 was the dog. 2017 was the rooster, etc.

    EDIT: Not to mention that this "Chinese new year" mount is basically a reskin of an existing mount: the Ratstallion.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2020-01-19 at 05:32 PM.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I got the mount in my gift tab the day after it was announced because I already had a 6 month sub going on, seems like a pretty sad thing for people to be mad about, but then again, consider the source. If nothing else, he serves as an example that even on ones worst day, things could always be worse.
    Same for me. I've gotten two mounts for free this expansion, I'm pretty happy.
    -- Remember, never look over the long term story and try to piece together what Blizzard planned, only take singular moments out of context and blow them way out of proportion. We can argue better that way. Every time I try to look at the story as Blizzard are presenting it I'm either called a shill or a fanfiction writer. - Powerogue 2019

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by AkundaMrdal View Post
    I'm pissed only about one thing, that I can't use wow tokens to buy 6 month sub and get that mount. Fuck Blizzard.
    .
    Huh, I hadn't actually even considered those that subscribed via tokens. Yeah, that is a bugger! >_< That auto-gifting for those already with 6-months subscription should at least also apply to those who have 6-months of tokens spent.

  8. #108
    Why do they always have the same rant every time? Every 6 month they gonna have a 6 month mount... It's ironic how they say that blizzard scam people yet people listen to the same people doing the same rant in the same frequency. You literally give views and money to someone who sells you the same rant every 6 months...

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Sorry, but the 5 mounts that went into the Store during BfA alone simply stand out in the throng of reskins that we received in BfA.
    I'm sorry, but I'll have to disagree with your opinion, here. The Mechagon 'mono-cycle' is, in my opinion, leagues above and beyond any and all the mounts added to the cash shop so far. The crab mount is also very good, as well as Jaina's mount, though that wasn't added in 8.2. Just to mention a couple.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

  10. #110
    This guy is exactly how I picture all those "Worst this...", "BLIZZARD SCHEME TO...", "WE THE PLAYERS...", "everyone agrees that this and that is shit" yadda yadda yadda-people. I wonder sometimes if these excessive use of superlatives and big negativeness is tied to some players becoming older and more bitter because their lives did not turn out how they wanted it to be and they are still "stuck" on playing games and on top of that they are not 100% like they picture their dream games in their dreams.

  11. #111
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    31,955
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    He's just charging up the outrage machine for clicks and sadly the op has decided to accommodate him.

    Don't buy the six months. Don't stress about the mount. It's not stupid. It's the player's choice. The implication is that people are too stupid to know what they want. He's talking to you. He thinks he has to warn you about stuff like this because your brain cells are so attenuated that you can't see reality for what it is.

    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.
    Wise words, ML.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    being realistic is, that also the art team take the old model, puts it together with the parts of the MoP mount and is finished in under 1-3 days. thats hillarious simple cheap shit to make that mount. ask some designer/artist how long it takes to sum up a new combination of color, model and parts. its hillarious.
    how does your argument counter mine? yes, the art team can take old models and mix colors and probably get a mount done in a few days but that still doesn't mean you want the art team coding wow or designing content. you really just threw a random fact at me to make it seem like the guy i quoted had a point.

  13. #113
    What? Blizzard have released another blatant cash grab?? Well, I am surprised!

    /sarcasm off.

  14. #114
    Stood in the Fire AkundaMrdal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    if its not a technical reason, that costs more money to solve than profit, blizzard would INSTANTLY do that, since they get for every token ever passed the AH 7 bugs for doing completely nothing. they would die to make your wish come true. only reason is technical limitations or the value of real paid subs are more worth to them for some weird financial reasons. all in all they would make more money with you, than with ppl paying sub.
    Yes my bet is they want payment now, so they can show better quarter earnings. Tokens bought year or two ago doesn't give them anything.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I remember once upon a time when content creators actually created content; funny comics, machinima, useful guides. Not that they stopped being around, just people don't talk about them nearly as much as about people who just . . . talk about the game.
    You can spend weeks making actual content for people to enjoy and get 10.000 views or spend an hour making a hate video and get a million views.

    There is an entire industry of people raking in $$ by just hating on stuff.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  16. #116
    Stood in the Fire AkundaMrdal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Huh, I hadn't actually even considered those that subscribed via tokens. Yeah, that is a bugger! >_< That auto-gifting for those already with 6-months subscription should at least also apply to those who have 6-months of tokens spent.
    First 6 month sub mount, Dreadwake was possible to get through wow tokens, but the other two not, they removed this possibility.

  17. #117
    Stood in the Fire Wramp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Halifax, VA
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I got the mount in my gift tab the day after it was announced because I already had a 6 month sub going on, seems like a pretty sad thing for people to be mad about, but then again, consider the source. If nothing else, he serves as an example that even on ones worst day, things could always be worse.
    this exact thing happened for me as well (receiving it as gift from Blizz) and i thought it was a mistake actually until i checked my Email and found that they thanked me for being a loyal subscriber and nothing more. i always find it interesting when folks rail against Blizz when they do these 6-month things....and btw, they have been doing them since WoW launched...how are they all of a sudden a "cash grab" or a "desperate grab for subs"? outrage culture at its finest here, move along now, nothing to see.
    My Rig: Snowblind Pro LCD Display case, I7 9700KF, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB PC3200 RAM,
    MSI RTX 2080 Super 8GB, ASRock z390 Motherboard, Custom RGB lighting, Corsair Liquid RGB 240mm CPU Cooling System

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Considering we as players don't have a direct choice in the matter, that's pretty irrelevant.

    But we do have a choice. Blizzard wouldn't make these mounts if they didn't sell.

    Before anyone goes ballistic, this isn't me defending the practice, just pointing that it most likely works and that people buy these mounts (or just would buy 6 months anyway and get it alongside the sub), no matter how many posts against them we make on the forums.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    No game system information, no class information, the only thing they are sure of is the art assets. Unless they were purposely holding back at Blizzcon and when Beta/alpha drops in a month or so, its seriously content rich, don't hold your breath.

    It's nothing against Blizzard, I hope they take their time, but they are coming off of 2-3 years of self admitted development mistakes, and about 8 years of self admitted game design mistakes; just from interviews at Blizzcon.

    They have a ton of work to do and more difficult, they have to do it in a way that changes direction from their current game philosophy.

    It would be bad news if this game came out earlier than Dec, it would just mean it's more of Legion and BFA repackaged.
    sure it seemed they are earlier in the development
    which is probably why the latest date is in december and not september like previous 2 expansions
    absolutely nothing suggests it shouldnt be this year, and unless we will wait for beta till june im sure it will be

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    sure it seemed they are earlier in the development
    which is probably why the latest date is in december and not september like previous 2 expansions
    absolutely nothing suggests it shouldnt be this year, and unless we will wait for beta till june im sure it will be
    No the date is set in december becouse its a placeholder date and those are always last day of the year.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •