Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Some of my faith is restored in people on this site when i see them rolling their eyes at this pathetic manchild's endless clickbaiting bullshit.
    Fuck HvB in his fat fucking shit spewing mouth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Another point to mention: His brief forays into being an FFXIV YouTuber bombed because his acerbic style and histrionics don't mesh well with that community. Look at the successful FFXIV YouTubers and streamers: Meoni, MrHappy, Speakers Network, Larryzaur. Now look at HvBF. That's why he went back to WoW and Redpill clickbait.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If you are already paying a monthly sub, one should be able to earn ALL rewards, not put additional money on the table for more rewards, cosmetic or not.
    Because at the end of day, Blizzard could put that mount into the game without the shop, the sole reason they're not doing is because if they put it into the shop is because it makes more money, that's it.
    they are company, OF COURSE THEY WANT TO MAKE MONEY ffs... and the sub is the same amount after 15 years, after accomodating inflation only it should be over 22euro a month now, so would you be happier if you HAD TO pay more or if someone else will pay more so you can pay less? or you have NO IDEA how finances work?

and YOU FUCKING CAN GAIN EVERYTHING INGAME, farm gold, buy token, buy mount, costs you ZERO FUCKING DOLLARS, and less gold than goddamn some vendor mounts
    sure someone have to buy token, which he would anyway, no matter if you buy the mount or not so thats hardly important...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    they are company, OF COURSE THEY WANT TO MAKE MONEY ffs... and the sub is the same amount after 15 years, after accomodating inflation only it should be over 22euro a month now, so would you be happier if you HAD TO pay more or if someone else will pay more so you can pay less? or you have NO IDEA how finances work?
    Not considering the fact both traffic and hardware for servers cost way less nowadays.

Means, in the end the monthly sub should be lower.

They can do a megaserver on a single rack nowadays.

Also.. which inflation?

There is only one reason blizzard has both MT and subs: Greed.
    Last edited by yogdadoolin; 2020-01-19 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogdadoolin View Post
    Not considering the fact both traffic and hardware for servers cost way less nowadays.

Means, in the end the monthly sub should be lower.

They can do a megaserver on a single rack nowadays.

Also.. which inflation?

There is only one reason blizzard has both MT and subs: Greed.
    high end hardware and software doesnt cost less, neither any other costs they have, like you know, salaries, for their growing amount of employees...

"which inflation" well, when i speak about euro, what inflation can i possibly be talking about?
    and us inflation would probably end worse in this case, would have to check that

high end hardware and software doesnt cost less, neither any other costs they have, like you know, salaries, for their growing amount of employees...
    Blizzard has lost employees last year. Also, blizzard pays the lowest salaries in the industry. They are known to exploit passionate fans to work for them. Beside that, people do not get raises, as long they are no developers or part of the executive. Blizzard is known to be a horrible employer. They are a billion dollar company, paying poverty wages for normal people who work in their industry.

The hardware nowadays costs way less than in 2004, that is, professional racks you put into datacenters. Also, they are way more powerful nowadays. As i said, they can run multiple realms on one machine. They actually do that, and let run realmpool realms on the same machines. That was not really possible 15 years ago.

Add to that, that traffic itself costs way less than those days. Nowadays, in the days of streaming video, you get terrabytes for what you got gigabytes for those days.

"which inflation" well, when i speak about euro, what inflation can i possibly be talking about?
    Americans do not pay in euro, but in dollar. And we currently have close to no inflation. Interest are massively low. Which is a reason there is not much inflation.
    Last edited by yogdadoolin; 2020-01-19 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogdadoolin View Post
    Beside that, people do not get raises, as long they are no developers or part of the executive.

Americans do not pay in euro, but in dollar. And we currently have close to no inflation.
    1. that shows me you know nothing about how salaries work... also they have WAY MORE employees than in 2004...
    2. that shows me you know nothing about finance even if current inflation was below zero (which is teoreticaly possible) it would have very little impact on increase of costs and salaries over the past 15 years... and your current inflation is NOT "close to no inflation", its 2.5% (btw euro is currently at cca 1.5% inflation rate), which for individuals is not much, but for companies that have costs in milions its a fuckton...

Can we stop linking this fucking idiot's videos around please?
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Az ranting about store mounts is nothing special. He doesn't even play WoW and doesn't have a large enough following for his voice to somewhat matter. Asmongold is probably the biggest hater on store mounts and even told his folowers to spit on anyone riding one.

they are company, OF COURSE THEY WANT TO MAKE MONEY ffs
    And i'm a customer, so i obviously represent my interest in the first place.

I'm not asking anyone to become a nonprofit organization, but that doesn't mean i need to support every business practice.

and the sub is the same amount after 15 years, after accomodating inflation only it should be over 22euro a month now
    If Blizzard didn't find other ways to keep the costs down, they would have increased the subs.
    You said it yourself, they want to make money.

sure someone have to buy token, which he would anyway, no matter if you buy the mount or not so thats hardly important...
    "someone has to pay" as long as it's not me, screw the rest.
    Going by some other comments, the newest mount isn't even obtainable via wow tokens, you sub for 6 months or you bust.

heel is the most retarded wow related youtuber out there.. it worries me that anyone would call his words "epic"

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    heel is the most retarded wow related youtuber out there.. it worries me that anyone would call his words "epic"
    You really wonder about streamer quality in a culture that thinks asmongold is a godlike creature?

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    That's kinda unfair, don't you think? People like Hazel and Soul, for example, are nothing like this and just have a good time with WoW and present information. They just don't get the attention people like Az, Asmongold, or Bellular do because they don't ratchet up the screeching hysteria over every little thing.
    Nope.
    Every. Last. One. <3

And i'm a customer, so i obviously represent my interest in the first place.

If Blizzard didn't find other ways to keep the costs down, they would have increased the subs.
    You said it yourself, they want to make money.

"someone has to pay" as long as it's not me, screw the rest.
    Going by some other comments, the newest mount isn't even obtainable via wow tokens, you sub for 6 months or you bust.
    how is denying someone else the possibility to get the shop mounts in your interest?!
    and no, they didnt found the ways to decrease the costs, which is one way of growth, they wenth the other way and they found way to increase revenue - MICROTRANSACTIONS so as i said, its that or higher sub, would you prefer that?
    and the new mount can be bought without sub so i dont understand that part... if you sub you got it FREE

I see these promotions as damage control/lock in subs so it appeases shareholders.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.
    That's just silly.

Everyone outside the MMO champ community will call the MMOC community a plague on the game.

Everyone outside the youtube wow community will call the youtube wow community a plague.

Everyone who doesnt post on the official wow forums will call the official wow forums a plague.

Its all extremely tribal. No one wants to give any credibility to any group outside of their own. Its like a bunch of orcish clans fiefing over Draenor.

People should learn to stop the hate and get along better.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

how is denying someone else the possibility to get the shop mounts in your interest?!
    I'd wager that those people would have just worked on something else that went into the game or made the mount available without interacting with the shop.

and no, they didnt found the ways to decrease the costs
    Why do you think systems such as item restoration are now handled by automated systems instead of GM's?
    Why was there a massive layoff in 2012 in the GM section?
    Why did Blizzard lay off 800 employees last year?

Ignoring any sort of advancement in technology and their own corporate structure that improved efficiency.
    If you seriously think that Blizzard doesn't have any people working on cutting down cost, you should stop throwing "you have no clue of finances" around.

Because there are only two ways to improve the revenue of your product without increasing the size of your customers:
    1.You decrease production costs
    2.You increase price

These are the two options, if 2. didn't happen, you can be sure that 1. happened.

and the new mount can be bought without sub so i dont understand that part... if you sub you got it FREE
    The mount basically makes revenue to bait people into a 6 month sub that didn't plan on subbing for the whole 6 months.
    Is that one mount worth a 6 month sub? I doubt it.

That's the business practice that is dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    He's just charging up the outrage machine for clicks and sadly the op has decided to accommodate him.

Don't buy the six months. Don't stress about the mount. It's not stupid. It's the player's choice. The implication is that people are too stupid to know what they want. He's talking to you. He thinks he has to warn you about stuff like this because your brain cells are so attenuated that you can't see reality for what it is.

YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.
    I just want to point something out here. Not because you have said it, but because others most definitely have:

A lot of times when Blizzard does something that's underhanded, or not exactly consumer friendly, and someone criticizes it with a legitimate argument....inevitably people will come along and troll out the argument of: "Well Blizzard is a business, they're supposed to make money!"

However, Az is basically doing the same thing: Making money. The way he does it is by stirring things up with hyperbole. And I think it's highly hypocritical for people to call him out on it when also defending Blizzard. They're both taking the low road here.

And to add weight to this, when other youtubers like Bellular(who's also been dropping in quality a bit lately) point out things like how many store mounts there've been lately, he also gets attacked by the Blizzard sycophants. Where does the line get drawn? When literally ANYONE criticizes Blizzard for anything, the trolls and sycophants trundle out from under their bridges and go to work. So I don't actually see anything wrong with someone like Az making money by poking at them, considering that no matter what form the criticism takes, it'll generate the same response.

Granted, this isn't the way I'd do it. But I hope you can see my point?

Store mounts, on occasion, are nominally fine. But when you zoom out a bit and look at the frequency of them, combined with the overall quality of BfA, the cutting short(no 8.3.5), the 6 month deal obviously meant to rope people into paying for a content drought until til Aug/Sept for the SL launch.... I have trouble finding fault with Youtubers like Az "ranting" against what I see as something that, quite honestly, appears to deserve to be ranted at.

You want to say "YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.", but if I was to say the same thing about the Blizzard cultist, I get infracted. Just pointing out the contrast here, to illustrate things.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-01-19 at 10:45 PM.

I'd wager that those people would have just worked on something else that went into the game or made the mount available without interacting with the shop.

Why do you think systems such as item restoration are now handled by automated systems instead of GM's?
    Why was there a massive layoff in 2012 in the GM section?
    Why did Blizzard lay off 800 employees last year?

Ignoring any sort of advancement in technology and their own corporate structure that improved efficiency.
    If you seriously think that Blizzard doesn't have any people working on cutting down cost, you should stop throwing "you have no clue of finances" around.

Because there are only two ways to improve the revenue of your product without increasing the size of your customers:
    1.You decrease production costs
    2.You increase price

These are the two options, if 2. didn't happen, you can be sure that 1. happened.

The mount basically makes revenue to bait people into a 6 month sub that didn't plan on subbing for the whole 6 months.
    Is that one mount worth a 6 month sub? I doubt it.

That's the business practice that is dislike.
    1. they wouldnt, the mount wouldnt simply exist without profit in mind
    2. wow started with roughly 50 people at the release, check how many fucking people they have now... btw 800 layoffs from acti bliz,mostl not related to wow, which was actualy increasing number of DEVELOPING roles...
    sure they TRY to decrease costs, but can you imagine how massive cut in costs would they need without microtransactions with the same price of sub?
    they would have to go back to 50 people working on wow, which would mean way less content for people, which would in turn decrease the number of players, which would kill the wow in short time... do you see now WHY they went the way of increase revenue rather than that?
    3. ok, for that "luring people", i might agree, BUT! a. if you are already on 6m sub (which is cheapest anyway) you get it as a gift b. the mount can be bought for gold, completely ignoring the sub offer...

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Nope.
    Every. Last. One. <3
    So far SoulSoBreezy is best one i found, the only one that's not as biased as other manchilds.