Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    The game is immensely profitable. What damage is their to control? You thinking the game is horrible does not = damage to control.
    Imagine thinking the people who think this expansion is horrible are the "minority" lmfao.

This expansion has had the most 6 month promotions and store mounts ever.

Blizzard: "Please don't leave. PLEASE."

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Imagine thinking the people who think this expansion is horrible are the "minority" lmfao.

This expansion has had the most 6 month promotions and store mounts ever.

Blizzard: "Please don't leave. PLEASE."
    Prove they aren't. Correlation does not = causation. I await proof of your claims.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited for his next rant video in 6 months time.

But seriously, Az is literal cancer. Some youtubers kick up a shitstorm for views, sure, but they usually are somewhat decent at hiding that fact. Az either doesn't try to hide it or is absolutely horrible at it. Here's the thing, he has a monetary motivation to get people riled up, because those videos are what gets him views which turn into that sweet sweet Youtube money. Never trust anyone who is always positive or always negative. Az is always, or at least 90% of the time, negative.

Oh also apparently I got the mount for free? The last time I subbed to WoW was during the last 6 months mount and for some reason my sub lasts until Feb and I haven't been charged again... /shrug

A bear shits, a goat Baah's and Az rants.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    In practice, you can buy this with gold, in EU for 450k gold now. There are lots of other mounts in game you can buy for 300-500k or more even, Lightforged Warframe, the "lesser" version of the Mechagone Hard Mode Mount, the three frog mounts etc. You get those by playing the game, aka selling stuff. Those mounts are bad too?

I get what you mean, but since you can use gold to buy wow-tokens these days, there isn't really a difference from store-mounts to semi-expensive vendor-mounts.
    I think the issue is a bit complicated.
    First off, high priced mounts were originally intended as Gold sink, because due to how the economy works in WoW, you need a drain where people that amassed a lot of gold can sink their gold into.
    This goes as far as back as Wotlk.

However, the issue with the WoW Token is that those mounts are now indirectly "encouraging" buying WoW Tokens, of course you can still theoretically earn the gold via "legit" means, but the carrot to simple buy the WoW token for the mount is there.
    It's a bit like the leveling boost: Don't have the time to play the game? Just give us money and you'll skip the boring stuff!

Are Goldsink mounts bad?
    No, of course not, but their original intent wasn't to encourage buying WoW tokens.

While on the topic of WoW tokens, the WoW Token has the negative side effect that the boosting scene exploded.
    WoW is nowadays a P2W game, in a indirect fashion albeit, you can essentially buy the WoW Token, sell it, and buy a boost for gold.

Before the WoW Token, a player couldn't that easily amass that gold to pay the boosters and the only way to buy gold was illegal and you risked getting your account banned.
    The boosting scene before Legion / BfA was relatively small, usually done by hardcore guilds who had the roster to carry people through raids.

But now, the boosting scene has basically become its own industry and i doubt it is getting carried by people who make their gold via AH or even farm it.
    Not to mention that a lot of them also have the illegal Real money transaction as "side business".

Runescape does it better with loyalty rewards. The mount is stupid because it only rewards players that buy 6 months at a time. This person could have only been playing for a year versus someone that has been playing for 5, but only buys a month at a time. A better way would have been to reward players with the mount that have had an ongoing sub for 6 months, but that would be less money for greedy Activision. Their goal is to get people to re-sub to a boring expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I think the issue is a bit complicated.
    First off, high priced mounts were originally intended as Gold sink, because due to how the economy works in WoW, you need a drain where people that amassed a lot of gold can sink their gold into.
    This goes as far as back as Wotlk.

However, the issue with the WoW Token is that those mounts are now indirectly "encouraging" buying WoW Tokens, of course you can still theoretically earn the gold via "legit" means, but the carrot to simple buy the WoW token for the mount is there.
    It's a bit like the leveling boost: Don't have the time to play the game? Just give us money and you'll skip the boring stuff!

Are Goldsink mounts bad?
    No, of course not, but their original intent wasn't to encourage buying WoW tokens.

While on the topic of WoW tokens, the WoW Token has the negative side effect that the boosting scene exploded.
    WoW is nowadays a P2W game, in a indirect fashion albeit, you can essentially buy the WoW Token, sell it, and buy a boost for gold.

Before the WoW Token, a player couldn't that easily amass that gold to pay the boosters and the only way to buy gold was illegal and you risked getting your account banned.
    The boosting scene before Legion / BfA was relatively small, usually done by hardcore guilds who had the roster to carry people through raids.

But now, the boosting scene has basically become its own industry and i doubt it is getting carried by people who make their gold via AH or even farm it.
    Not to mention that a lot of them also have the illegal Real money transaction as "side business".
    You make a lot of sense, and I agree as well about the last half, it is a side effect for sure. I don't like P2W myself and as far as you can actually win in WoW it is definitely something that can make issues.

About the mount thing though, again I do get your feeling, and it's pretty clear they do more work on store-mounts compared to the majority of the mounts in game, though we see some very cool and unique mounts in game too. For me who use gold to buy everything, and then I mean absolutely everything related to WoW and other Blizzard games it's a bit hard for me to see the negative in it, or rather, it's easy for me to see the positive gains as in I can just buy that mount for 450k gold now if I want to, but again, I get what you mean. It is a bit complicated.

lol he got under the skin of every dumbo that still plays this trash game. Imagine posting on the forums 24/7 instead of having "fun" in BFA. When I enjoy a game I don't waste time trying to defend it on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Completely invalid. Blizz shop looks poor anyways
    Astounding argument. Many points. Much assert.

Regardless of how "poor" the cash shop looks, the fact remains that it's a cash shop on top of a sub fee and box price. And each mount is something that could be a reward in-game for players to pursue that is removed and added for pure greed.

A few items like this, especially for charity events, is fine. But as I said, Blizzard is using it too much. And the timing of it when they KNOW the next 6 months will be a content drought, is not consumer friendly in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Bullshit, you take restaurant bonus card not because you are emotionally attached to their dishes but because you like their food and you get a bonus when ordering X dishes. Simple as that, don't try to write some non-existent emotional reasons people would get this mount for.
    If you think this analogy fits, then you're completely ignoring the emotional investment that goes into a persistent character that players have created and played, in some cases, for over a decade. That's not anywhere near the same thing as just eating a bonus dish at a restaurant.

3+ Year Old Account
    Who? I’ve not heard of the guy before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Amen. Being a successful YouTuber almost always involves being a piece of shit, very few of them are successful and not complete asshat that just say what people want to hear for more views. And clickbait ect.
    Fo’ realz. YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter need to die in a fire and people need to stop making “celebrities” out of these people.

And all of this is about as likely as Jeff Bezos depositing a few billion of his bucks into my checking account sadly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I got the mount in my gift tab the day after it was announced because I already had a 6 month sub going on, seems like a pretty sad thing for people to be mad about, but then again, consider the source. If nothing else, he serves as an example that even on ones worst day, things could always be worse.
    Me too. I was quite happy to find the lil’ rat waiting me. I think it’s cute as all fluffy hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha Reborn View Post
    This thread is really good at showing that there's still plenty of people who are willing to subscribe all the time, even when Blizzard officially stated that there's no more content to be developed for BFA. It means the current playerbase are so in love with the game that there's nothing Blizzard can do to make them unsub. With that in mind, can you even criticize Blizzard for doing anything anymore? When you have a few million of players that accept everything you do, it's difficult to even consider any criticism as anything more than hate. I mean, you read all these negative posts, but when you still get tons of money, why would you let that affect you in any way? So i applaud everyone who purchased the 6 months. Bravo! You are the reason the game still exists and prospers!

I’m confused. Do you not want the game to still be available? Do you want the servers to just be shut down and that’s the end of WoW? That’s cool if you do, but if that’s so then why post in WoW forums?

Seriously asking; not just being a dick.
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Astounding argument. Many points. Much assert.

Regardless of how "poor" the cash shop looks, the fact remains that it's a cash shop on top of a sub fee and box price. And each mount is something that could be a reward in-game for players to pursue that is removed and added for pure greed.

A few items like this, especially for charity events, is fine. But as I said, Blizzard is using it too much. And the timing of it when they KNOW the next 6 months will be a content drought, is not consumer friendly in the slightest.
    Nobody forces you to buy anything from their shop, it doesn't hinder game in the slightest unlike other F2P mmos which are either unplayable without paying you are at real disadvantage by not paying.

And since you can convert gold into blizzard currency, you can buy them while earning gold in game. It costs around the same as frogs. Before you say "waaah but its inefficient and you know it", it was always inefficient to earn gold in wow thus people just bought it for money. RMT ALWAYS existed, and it still does despite the not-against-tos method:
    --- snip ---
    Quick calculations - 100k costs about $15 and people are buying it.

So if anything blizzard did good job introducing wow token as fair alternative, no matter how much you are against it, it did and still does exist.

Content drought? No, there is plenty of thing to do, just because you don't enjoy it doesn't mean there won't be anything to do for that time.
    And going with your logic every patch has been content drought month after it was released.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    If you think this analogy fits, then you're completely ignoring the emotional investment that goes into a persistent character that players have created and played, in some cases, for over a decade. That's not anywhere near the same thing as just eating a bonus dish at a restaurant.
    Somehow it doesn't stop people from unsubing. Thing is, even if you drop sub, you are not going to loose your account so yes, that analogy fits.
    The only thing that it may appeal to is for people who are mount collectors uncertain that they will play for more than coupe of months.
    So instead of renewing subscription monthly, they will buy whole 6 months.
    Regardless, it is their choice, even if they don't do that, they can always buy mount separately.

Long story short, there is nothing to loose here, anger should be directed at scummy FOMO tactic with removal of brontosaur:
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...01/370236/4873
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-01-20 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Removed Gold-Selling Link

Who's Az? Arizona? Why would the state of Arizona be upset about Blizzard's new store mount?

I kid, I kid, I got the gist of it, he's an youtuber, I'm sorry, what I meant to say was...

Stop giving youtube assholes free advertisement! You're making them slightly richer for no benefit to yourself and for no intelligible reason.

Yeah, a six month subscription right at the start of what may be the worst (least enjoyable, hopefully not longest) content drought in WoW's history... hard pass.

This streamer calling it a 'stupidity tax" (assuming from the thumbnail) is ironically hilariously stupid to say, though. But whatever gets clicks I guess... he didn't get mine, unfortunately.

The only reason I'd sub is if I planned on playing classic. And... welp, I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    This cannot be stated enough. Youtubers aren't the bearers of truth. They make a living off creating drama where there is none. They are the embodiment of bias. Stop listening to anything these leeches have to say.
    Not all of them. I still watch Preach and Taliesen and Evitel, those horrible, awful shills that they are, because even though I don't play, they're entertaining. That's all I ask for, and they deliver. I like Preach's drama streams, they're funny.

HVB was funny for a while, but he's just another complainer now. He's a notch above Asmondgold, in that he's not using YT to carry him through raids and gets mounts, but it's a small notch.

I gave him a view just because we've got megabrains in the topic using terms like 'reactionary' for a video game youtuber.

As I always say: The biggest obstacle for me tl enjoy Wow has never been the game design, its everything around it. I started to enjoy the game a lot more when stayed of forums, youtube and the rest of it. Untill now I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    how does your argument counter mine? yes, the art team can take old models and mix colors and probably get a mount done in a few days but that still doesn't mean you want the art team coding wow or designing content. you really just threw a random fact at me to make it seem like the guy i quoted had a point.
    not really. that wasnt in my mind. my only intention was to show how hillarious cheap shitty blizz is doing here. i dont care on blizzards resource problems, which team is responsible for what and whatever, when the effect is that they bring that shitty mount as „content“ for a half year in exchange for you paying them for that half year. thats hillarious.

its obvious that they just invest lowest effort possible and bring up a lousy, quick putted together cheap shit mount, and going „take this and pay us for a half year“. it would be still hillarious if they ask you for a half year of sub for a new great mount that really is outstanding. but that mount clearly shows blizzards state. they didnt even tried. thats pathetic.

but i didnt say this to counter your argument or anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AkundaMrdal View Post
    Yes my bet is they want payment now, so they can show better quarter earnings. Tokens bought year or two ago doesn't give them anything.
    yep, quarter earnings are the most important priority these days. but when they sold tokens now, this is only possible when someone pay them 20 dollars to sell that token. so they make now more money then with subs. therefore i do not get it fully.

ah, now i get what you mean. ppl that horted tokens and bought tokens in past. yes, maybe you are right here.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-01-20 at 05:57 AM.

Man, sure seems 'toxic' in this thread with all the personal attacks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I gave him a view just because we've got megabrains in the topic using terms like 'reactionary' for a video game youtuber.
    And alt-right. Some people really need to get their priorities in order.

I think the monthly cost is cheaper when you buy the 6 month sub, so I save a bit of money. Plus this is the second free mount I have received.

At this point I am still enjoying WoW so I continue playing. If I didn't the the lure of a free mount wouldn't be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    I got the 6 months game time and didn't get a mount.

/REEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Because of Vulpera. Idgaf about cows