Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

Az's latest epic rant against Blizzard's new store mount

Moochamp's favorite youtuber strikes again

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Moochamp's favorite youtuber strikes again
    Just pointing this out here before this descends into critics vs Blizzard argument.

Heelsvvsbabyface is no one's consumer champion. God knows Blizzard deserve criticism sometimes but he is not the one to dish it out.

First, he has the very warped perspective of someone who only ever plays wow to criticize it. He quit during the entirety of Legion because there literally wasn't enough to bitch about, and came back to BFA solely it seems because there were things to complain about. That is very, very strange and suggests a very cynical agenda.

Second, and more seriously, I don't think people understand how much of the content he used to propel him into his current situation was information stolen from smaller youtubers. He makes Warcraft Bible look like a paragon of virtue.

And don't tell me Blizzard are bad he makes a valid point...that is not the issue here. You need to find a better poster boy for intelligent criticism. There are a ton of better critics. I'm sick of people doing free promotional work for this black hole of cynicism and plagiarism.
    Last edited by Tranzplore; 2020-01-19 at 11:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's just charging up the outrage machine for clicks and sadly the op has decided to accommodate him.

Don't buy the six months. Don't stress about the mount. It's not stupid. It's the player's choice. The implication is that people are too stupid to know what they want. He's talking to you. He thinks he has to warn you about stuff like this because your brain cells are so attenuated that you can't see reality for what it is.

YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I got the mount in my gift tab the day after it was announced because I already had a 6 month sub going on, seems like a pretty sad thing for people to be mad about, but then again, consider the source. If nothing else, he serves as an example that even on ones worst day, things could always be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    For me the mount and getting the 6-months subscription is actually a discount. Normally I do a 1-month subscription, but these mounts have made me switch to 6-month subscriptions which basically saves me money.

I could understand though that for some people this might be some form of squeezing money out of them because they don't typically plan to stay subscribed non-stop, or might be planning on only subscribe 1-2 months and the mount might seem tempting to them.

It's a pretty weak topic to make an issue over though.

If I'd had to pick a fight on this topic it would be that these mounts seem a bit lore-unfriendly.
    Just to add to this I should point out I purchased multiple 6-month subscriptions some months ago also for discount purposes, and they awarded me a mount retroactively, so I and many other people are getting this mount for free. I didn't expect that and they didn't have to do that.

I'm not OK with store mounts generally but this is not really a good example of player exploitation, as Rochana correctly implies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I got the mount in my gift tab the day after it was announced because I already had a 6 month sub going on, seems like a pretty sad thing for people to be mad about, but then again, consider the source. If nothing else, he serves as an example that even on ones worst day, things could always be worse.
    I got the 6 months game time and didn't get a mount.

/REEEEEEEEEEEEE

7+ Year Old Account
    Every time blizzard gives me a mount simply because I have an ongoing sixth month subscription, I get soooooo angry!!!!!

Grrrrr, fucking grrrr!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Remember all the comments form people about how awful Blizzard was because they offered no loyalty rewards, then they offered D3, mounts, and a statue, then people just bitched and whined over those. At this point, the whiners are all the boy who cried wolf. They constantly whine about everything, it falls on dead ears. Hell I find them more annoying than issues with Blizzards games these days.

Just look at his viewcount as of late. This mount was a godsend to his need for attention.

Unsubscribed from his hate rants a long while ago and I feel a lot better and enjoying my game a lot more.

But there are people who really get their kicks spending hours watching hate rant videos. It is a type of entertainment and shouldn't be taken as anything more.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is perfect example to expose his hipocrisy. If I remember correctly, dude loves FFXIV. Now do 2 things - look how big is FFXIV shop (and it's sub based game like WoW, I remind you) and how many rant videos he made about it.

(if you're too lazy to check, here are answers: big as hell and 0)

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post

Most Youtubers are working for sub minimum wage providing free content. Fuck you and other people who defend this massively out of control billion dollar corporation reflexively.

Because some of them, like heelsvsbabyface are arseholes, is a statistically inevitable fact and does not change that.

Heelvsbabyface is a tryhard reactionary youtuber who resorted to the same stereotypical alt-right and "anti-essjaydubya" videos after he alienated his entire audience when he was whining about stupid shit like flying.

He adds nothing of substance and you're only enabling his special brand of youtube reactionary retardation by linking him here.

He probably needed the boost in views based on his last few videos. I guess, shockingly, a fat white neckbeard ranting about essjaydubyas isn't as engaging as it was in 2013. There are ten thousand of him already on Youtube whining about the same thing lol. He's probably wiping his brow in relief.

All that said the new mount is clearly just a way to lock people into a game that they know will have an insane amount of people leaving after a month due to how little content 8.3 actually has.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2020-01-19 at 11:27 AM.

He's just charging up the outrage machine for clicks and sadly the op has decided to accommodate him.

Don't buy the six months. Don't stress about the mount. It's not stupid. It's the player's choice. The implication is that people are too stupid to know what they want. He's talking to you. He thinks he has to warn you about stuff like this because your brain cells are so attenuated that you can't see reality for what it is.

This cannot be stated enough. Youtubers aren't the bearers of truth. They make a living off creating drama where there is none. They are the embodiment of bias. Stop listening to anything these leeches have to say.

epic lul bro xd
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account

Literally my exact reaction to your post.

The only thing worse than these cynical/whiny assholes, is the manner in which people mindlessly subscribe to anything and everything that they say. One of the worst things about modern gaming.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-01-19 at 11:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them
    Amen. Being a successful YouTuber almost always involves being a piece of shit, very few of them are successful and not complete asshat that just say what people want to hear for more views. And clickbait ect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people even keep watching this pathetic manchild.. honestly I really don't get it...

did you lose mod status bc ur opinions are non sensical and asinine? would make sense

I don't understand why people act so mad and surprised about that mount. Blizzard already put out 2 mounts for chinese new year establishing a pattern. It was very obvious that we will get another mount like that.