Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    but that argument is stupid. the art team isn't the game design team. you want artists to make new classes and raid mechanics? it just doesn't work that way. i hate the store as much as the next guy but you gotta be realistic here.
    being realistic is, that also the art team take the old model, puts it together with the parts of the MoP mount and is finished in under 1-3 days. thats hillarious simple cheap shit to make that mount. ask some designer/artist how long it takes to sum up a new combination of color, model and parts. its hillarious.

Big deal, there is another 6 month mount. We all know the reason is to keep subs up until Blizz can get to a point of actual hype for Shadowlands. I have bad news for everyone, there will be another 6 month mount in June too. Your crack pipe must be hot to the touch if you think SL is any time other than Dec 2020 or later.

Quote Originally Posted by AkundaMrdal View Post
    I'm pissed only about one thing, that I can't use wow tokens to buy 6 month sub and get that mount. Fuck Blizzard.
    I consider this mount as a free bonus for doing something I would done anyway, but if some person feels compulsion to buy 6 month sub just to get mount, despite not playing the game, then this person is stupid.

if its not a technical reason, that costs more money to solve than profit, blizzard would INSTANTLY do that, since they get for every token ever passed the AH 7 bugs for doing completely nothing. they would die to make your wish come true. only reason is technical limitations or the value of real paid subs are more worth to them for some weird financial reasons. all in all they would make more money with you, than with ppl paying sub.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-01-19 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Your crack pipe must be hot to the touch if you think SL is any time other than Dec 2020 or later.
    judging by what exactly? ONLY information we have is blizzard stated latest date, which they actualy were ahead of since wotlk (afaik BC didnt have said window before having actual date)
    so if you think it will be later than december 2020 its you who speaks out of his ass

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest problem with Az is that he keeps conflating social issues with anti-consumerist issues. I get it, clicks are god when YouTube's design is so fucking atrocious from a creator standpoint. However, when he talks about Batwoman's poor performance, he immediately jumps to 'because SJWs' rather than 'because subpar direction, poor lighting, and shoddy writing all failing to make Kate as enjoyable to watch as her comics usually are to read, with the cast saddled with direction worse than the Star Wars prequels.' He does it with Blizz often, too. Instead of sticking to Blizzard's shitty practices and the inevitable issues AAA companies face when they hyperfocus on quarterly growth and increasing revenue for shareholders as opposed to increasing shareholder payouts by producing quality products and letting the money flow in without manipulative practices, he goes on tangents about how they 'got woke' and that's the problem here.

But again, I get it. The pearl-clutching demographic is a big one, and scary boogeymen are a lot easier to sensationalize than boring bean counters doing their jobs and disconnected upper management who've lost touch with their ground-level employees and consumers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Big deal, there is another 6 month mount. We all know the reason is to keep subs up until Blizz can get to a point of actual hype for Shadowlands. I have bad news for everyone, there will be another 6 month mount in June too. Your crack pipe must be hot to the touch if you think SL is any time other than Dec 2020 or later.
    While my personal guess is closer to mid-September or so, depending on how beta goes, I also wouldn't be surprised to see another six-month bribe come out in June.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I hate the mount. But only because I can't stand rats. Damn things keep eating all the birdseed I leave out in the winter for the poor birds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    He's just charging up the outrage machine for clicks and sadly the op has decided to accommodate him.

Don't buy the six months. Don't stress about the mount. It's not stupid. It's the player's choice. The implication is that people are too stupid to know what they want. He's talking to you. He thinks he has to warn you about stuff like this because your brain cells are so attenuated that you can't see reality for what it is.

YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.
    I think I should change my signature to this. I freaking hate all the uneducated idiots babbling about bullcrap on youtube. It's almost worse than everyone making selfies
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Az is a loser and a leech. Tried to move away from WoW content and play other games and his channel nearly died. BFA being shit was a Godsend for him.

But I thought he was boycotting Blizzard because of that Blitzchung ban thing and he jumped on the band wagon. Somehow everyone seems to have forgotten about that now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I see white knights defending Blizz, and don't see an reason. Yeah while i agree little bit, Az is whining mostly but at some points he is right.

Let's don't do 8.3.5 patch, but instead put stupid china rat mount, and everyone will be happy. WIN WIN!
    To be fair here, a mount takes a lot less time for the artists than designing quests, AI scripting, cutscenes, and other back-end work a story patch needs. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's stlll a shameless bribe to keep subscriptions lined up through June, but using an existing model and altering it for a unique mount, and putting in some new animations for flying, is much easier for Blizz to put out, especially since the artists are all hands on deck for Shadowlands anyway.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    judging by what exactly? ONLY information we have is blizzard stated latest date, which they actualy were ahead of since wotlk (afaik BC didnt have said window before having actual date)
    so if you think it will be later than december 2020 its you who speaks out of his ass
    No game system information, no class information, the only thing they are sure of is the art assets. Unless they were purposely holding back at Blizzcon and when Beta/alpha drops in a month or so, its seriously content rich, don't hold your breath.

It's nothing against Blizzard, I hope they take their time, but they are coming off of 2-3 years of self admitted development mistakes, and about 8 years of self admitted game design mistakes; just from interviews at Blizzcon.

They have a ton of work to do and more difficult, they have to do it in a way that changes direction from their current game philosophy.

It would be bad news if this game came out earlier than Dec, it would just mean it's more of Legion and BFA repackaged.

but... thats not the alternative
    Considering we as players don't have a direct choice in the matter, that's pretty irrelevant.

and be fair, in 8.2 alone we got more unique and good looking mounts than on shop since begining of legion or so...
    Imagine if instead of 5 different reskins we would have received those mounts.
    Or even better, Blizzard would have built actual content around them to earn it.

Sorry, but the 5 mounts that went into the Store during BfA alone simply stand out in the throng of reskins that we received in BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Make gold, buy token, convert to Bnet currency, buy mount. Depending on how you look at it, these mounts cost either gold OR real cash, players choice.
    i really cant follow logic on this bcs they are BOTH obtainable via ingame gold...
    Someone has to pay Blizzard money for those tokens, right?
    Blizzard essentially becoming the gold seller allowed the boosting market to explode, it's another debate but thanks to Blizzard selling tokens (or mounts in that regard) basically made P2W a thing in WoW.

No one should Blizzard give additional money for cosmetics outside of the regular sub, that's my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Oh, what? But it is fine. It has been for years, in fact. I don't get why people are still confused about that..
    Simply because Blizzard has been doing it years, doesn't mean it's fine.

And quite frankly, the fact that people even defend this business practice is in my opinion even worse.
    They're a business who want to make more money at any cost, but if the ones who actually do_not_benefit_from this in any fashion actually defend it, that's just bonkers.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-01-19 at 04:55 PM.

Wink "cynical"

Quote Originally Posted by Tranzplore View Post
    First, he has the very warped perspective of someone who only ever plays wow to criticize it. He quit during the entirety of Legion because there literally wasn't enough to bitch about, and came back to BFA solely it seems because there were things to complain about. That is very, very strange and suggests a very cynical agenda.
    Going by the definition of cynical, I'd argue you are the one being cynical in this instance.
    cyn·i·cal
    /ˈsinək(ə)l/
    adjective
    1. believing that people are motivated by self-interest; distrustful of human sincerity or integrity.

If you don't like him, that's fine, just don't attack the dudes character.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli;52032824[B
    ]Like most WoW players he is an addict[/B] and hates himself for it so he trashes on a game he plays 24/7 to get consoled by his fellow addicts. Its sad people still can't move on from the 'game' when there are multiple good options out there and has been for a long time now. WoW is more of a gambling simulator with dailies/timegates and 0 substance its not healthy at all even less so than it was in the past where it was addicting because of its fun whereas now its more predatory. So not surprising it breeds and grooms this type of person.
    You're projecting the same kind of behavior you're attributing to him. Judging by your post you seem to have a very similar, if not outright same opinion regarding WoW as Babyface has, so I'm left wondering if you're ALSO playing the game, as well.

If you call WoW "predatory", it makes me wonder if you have played any other online multiplayer game, at all.

News Alert:

45 year old fat manchild gets upset and rants about video game company giving away cartoon ridable creatures as part of a promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Heelvsbabyface is a tryhard reactionary youtuber who resorted to the same stereotypical alt-right and "anti-essjaydubya" videos after he alienated his entire audience when he was whining about stupid shit like flying.
    While I'm not happy how Blizz handled this mount, even I agree with your view here about HVBF. I only watched a few of his videos, and it's pretty clear he gets his views via the "outrage machine" and not from presenting information.

I'm all for calling things out, and for me - it was a post or two worth of responses. It's not worth a 10-minute-Youtube-Algorithm-detecting anger-rant. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I see white knights defending Blizz, and don't see an reason.
    You do know this is not a dichotomy, right? We can dislike Az and question his objectivity AND disagree with Blizzard's current direction, right?

Let's don't do 8.3.5 patch, but instead put stupid china rat mount, and everyone will be happy. WIN WIN!
    The nonsense in this post is astounding. You are basically equating the work necessary to develop a '.5' patch to the work required to develop a single mount. Second: Blizzard has done "chinese new year" mounts for quite some time. The Chinese year of 2020 is the rat. Last year was the pig. 2018 was the dog. 2017 was the rooster, etc.

EDIT: Not to mention that this "Chinese new year" mount is basically a reskin of an existing mount: the Ratstallion.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2020-01-19 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I got the mount in my gift tab the day after it was announced because I already had a 6 month sub going on, seems like a pretty sad thing for people to be mad about, but then again, consider the source. If nothing else, he serves as an example that even on ones worst day, things could always be worse.
    Same for me. I've gotten two mounts for free this expansion, I'm pretty happy.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by AkundaMrdal View Post
    I'm pissed only about one thing, that I can't use wow tokens to buy 6 month sub and get that mount. Fuck Blizzard.
    Huh, I hadn't actually even considered those that subscribed via tokens. Yeah, that is a bugger! >_< That auto-gifting for those already with 6-months subscription should at least also apply to those who have 6-months of tokens spent.

Why do they always have the same rant every time? Every 6 month they gonna have a 6 month mount... It's ironic how they say that blizzard scam people yet people listen to the same people doing the same rant in the same frequency. You literally give views and money to someone who sells you the same rant every 6 months...
    Error 404 - Signature not found