Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Sorry, but the 5 mounts that went into the Store during BfA alone simply stand out in the throng of reskins that we received in BfA.
    I'm sorry, but I'll have to disagree with your opinion, here. The Mechagon 'mono-cycle' is, in my opinion, leagues above and beyond any and all the mounts added to the cash shop so far. The crab mount is also very good, as well as Jaina's mount, though that wasn't added in 8.2. Just to mention a couple.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

This guy is exactly how I picture all those "Worst this...", "BLIZZARD SCHEME TO...", "WE THE PLAYERS...", "everyone agrees that this and that is shit" yadda yadda yadda-people. I wonder sometimes if these excessive use of superlatives and big negativeness is tied to some players becoming older and more bitter because their lives did not turn out how they wanted it to be and they are still "stuck" on playing games and on top of that they are not 100% like they picture their dream games in their dreams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    He's just charging up the outrage machine for clicks and sadly the op has decided to accommodate him.

Don't buy the six months. Don't stress about the mount. It's not stupid. It's the player's choice. The implication is that people are too stupid to know what they want. He's talking to you. He thinks he has to warn you about stuff like this because your brain cells are so attenuated that you can't see reality for what it is.

YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.
    Wise words, ML.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    being realistic is, that also the art team take the old model, puts it together with the parts of the MoP mount and is finished in under 1-3 days. thats hillarious simple cheap shit to make that mount. ask some designer/artist how long it takes to sum up a new combination of color, model and parts. its hillarious.
    how does your argument counter mine? yes, the art team can take old models and mix colors and probably get a mount done in a few days but that still doesn't mean you want the art team coding wow or designing content. you really just threw a random fact at me to make it seem like the guy i quoted had a point.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? Blizzard have released another blatant cash grab?? Well, I am surprised!

/sarcasm off.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    if its not a technical reason, that costs more money to solve than profit, blizzard would INSTANTLY do that, since they get for every token ever passed the AH 7 bugs for doing completely nothing. they would die to make your wish come true. only reason is technical limitations or the value of real paid subs are more worth to them for some weird financial reasons. all in all they would make more money with you, than with ppl paying sub.
    Yes my bet is they want payment now, so they can show better quarter earnings. Tokens bought year or two ago doesn't give them anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I remember once upon a time when content creators actually created content; funny comics, machinima, useful guides. Not that they stopped being around, just people don't talk about them nearly as much as about people who just . . . talk about the game.
    You can spend weeks making actual content for people to enjoy and get 10.000 views or spend an hour making a hate video and get a million views.

There is an entire industry of people raking in $$ by just hating on stuff.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Huh, I hadn't actually even considered those that subscribed via tokens. Yeah, that is a bugger! >_< That auto-gifting for those already with 6-months subscription should at least also apply to those who have 6-months of tokens spent.
    First 6 month sub mount, Dreadwake was possible to get through wow tokens, but the other two not, they removed this possibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I got the mount in my gift tab the day after it was announced because I already had a 6 month sub going on, seems like a pretty sad thing for people to be mad about, but then again, consider the source. If nothing else, he serves as an example that even on ones worst day, things could always be worse.
    this exact thing happened for me as well (receiving it as gift from Blizz) and i thought it was a mistake actually until i checked my Email and found that they thanked me for being a loyal subscriber and nothing more. i always find it interesting when folks rail against Blizz when they do these 6-month things....and btw, they have been doing them since WoW launched...how are they all of a sudden a "cash grab" or a "desperate grab for subs"? outrage culture at its finest here, move along now, nothing to see.

Considering we as players don't have a direct choice in the matter, that's pretty irrelevant.

But we do have a choice. Blizzard wouldn't make these mounts if they didn't sell.

Before anyone goes ballistic, this isn't me defending the practice, just pointing that it most likely works and that people buy these mounts (or just would buy 6 months anyway and get it alongside the sub), no matter how many posts against them we make on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    No game system information, no class information, the only thing they are sure of is the art assets. Unless they were purposely holding back at Blizzcon and when Beta/alpha drops in a month or so, its seriously content rich, don't hold your breath.

It's nothing against Blizzard, I hope they take their time, but they are coming off of 2-3 years of self admitted development mistakes, and about 8 years of self admitted game design mistakes; just from interviews at Blizzcon.

They have a ton of work to do and more difficult, they have to do it in a way that changes direction from their current game philosophy.

It would be bad news if this game came out earlier than Dec, it would just mean it's more of Legion and BFA repackaged.
    sure it seemed they are earlier in the development
    which is probably why the latest date is in december and not september like previous 2 expansions
    absolutely nothing suggests it shouldnt be this year, and unless we will wait for beta till june im sure it will be

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    sure it seemed they are earlier in the development
    which is probably why the latest date is in december and not september like previous 2 expansions
    absolutely nothing suggests it shouldnt be this year, and unless we will wait for beta till june im sure it will be
    No the date is set in december becouse its a placeholder date and those are always last day of the year.

If you dont like blizzard then uninstall Battlenet so that you aren't counted as an MAU. Personally, I think Az's whole schtick is getting old even for me and its clear he has an agenda. At least Bellular isnt as obvious about it and clearly cares about the game.

Imagine if instead of 5 different reskins we would have received those mounts.
    Or even better, Blizzard would have built actual content around them to earn it.
    ok so
    1. people doing mounts have ZERO impact on content tbh, so its not like they pull it out of thin air, so again its not about having it ingame or on shop but about having them on shop or NOT AT ALL, at best they would end up on vendor for gold, which is, as i said before, the same as on shop bcs of tokens...
    and no, blizz is not selling gold, people are, and they were DECADE before introducing the goddamn token... same with boosts, those thing were there since a goddamn vanila... only difference is blizz have its share (which they basicaly had anyway as farmers had to pay gametime)

2. if every goddamn mount we get in this expansion was a recolor i would agree, but that IS NOT THE CASE, we get a lot of unique mounts... crab, toads, alpaca, the bugs, worldbreaker, mechagon mounts... those are just from the top of my head and they are all better looking than shop mounts... (not that detailed but hell its not like you spend time ingame looking zoomed at mount)

as for "No one should Blizzard give additional money for cosmetics outside of the regular sub, that's my opinion."
    its not YOUR DECISION what people do with their money... you dont want to buy shop mounts? dont, theres literally hundreds of mounts available ingame, and shop mounts give ZERO BENEFIT over those earned ingame...

Isn't this exact same video republished every time Blizzard releases a Pet Store mount?
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    No the date is set in december becouse its a placeholder date and those are always last day of the year.
    wrong, bfa and i believe legion too had "no late than sep 31"

wrong, bfa and i believe legion too had "no late than sep 31"
    I feel your both right. The current date is a placeholder basically saying this year. Probably around alpha or beta time you will get the launch date of somewhere within a month or so of Blizzcon.

I will take every bet that Shadowlands will not release before 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by yogdadoolin View Post
    I will take every bet that Shadowlands will not release before 2021.
    sure you will, and after it will release this year you will just delete this profile and create new one
    actualy you wont, you will probably be banned 5 times in meantime so nobody will even know who you are... not that anyone gives a shit about that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I feel your both right. The current date is a placeholder basically saying this year. Probably around alpha or beta time you will get the launch date of somewhere within a month or so of Blizzcon.
    sure, it will get more precise date later, but it stands to reason that it will be Q4 rather than Q3, otherwise they would go for sooner placeholder date i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    But we do have a choice. Blizzard wouldn't make these mounts if they didn't sell.
    No we don't, the "choice" would be here whether we're given a choice in the first place, not whether we accept the deal or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Before anyone goes ballistic, this isn't me defending the practice, just pointing that it most likely works and that people buy these mounts (or just would buy 6 months anyway and get it alongside the sub), no matter how many posts against them we make on the forums.
    Yeah obviously, else Blizzard wouldn't be doing it.
    But i don't think everything that earns money should be done.

1. people doing mounts have ZERO impact on content tbh
    But you could build content around it?
    I mean, what about a questchain that doesn't just reward an unarmored version of a mount, but an actual unique skin?

(not that detailed but hell its not like you spend time ingame looking zoomed at mount)
    Ever seen the mount special from the new rat mount?
    Yeah, i don't think i've seen anything that compares on a "regular mount".

toads
    They are using Krag'wa models with a saddle attached to it, the BfA shopmounts aren't just an existing model + saddle.

its not YOUR DECISION what people do with their money
    This is such a non argument.
    If you are already paying a monthly sub, one should be able to earn ALL rewards, not put additional money on the table for more rewards, cosmetic or not.

I am just at a loss when people actually defend this sort of business practice, you have to pay even more money to Blizzard to have access to everything in game where you have to already paying a monthly fee.
    Because at the end of day, Blizzard could put that mount into the game without the shop, the sole reason they're not doing is because if they put it into the shop is because it makes more money, that's it.