Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just wish they d given us something cooler than a rat...

I still don't understand why people are watching those stupid youtubers. Even less advertising them.

I guess because it's easy and it makes you feel part of a group... of stupids. But still a group.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    I just wish they d given us something cooler than a rat...
    2020 is the year of the Rat... just like 2019 was the year of the Pig (Hogrus) and 2018 was the year of the Dog (whatever that dog mount was called).

Why is this a surprise to anyone? It's the 3rd year they've done a lunar new year mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    2020 is the year of the Rat... just like 2019 was the year of the Pig (Hogrus) and 2018 was the year of the Dog (whatever that dog mount was called).

Why is this a surprise to anyone? It's the 3rd year they've done a lunar new year mount.
    Xi Ji Ping loves Blizzard Entertainment. He, and the guards he hired for the concentration camps where he puts religious minorities.

10+ Year Old Account
    I logged in and received a cute mouse mount. This was a fun little surprise.
    Next.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tranzplore View Post
    Just pointing this out here before this descends into critics vs Blizzard argument.

Heelsvvsbabyface is no one's consumer champion. God knows Blizzard deserve criticism sometimes but he is not the one to dish it out.

First, he has the very warped perspective of someone who only ever plays wow to criticize it. He quit during the entirety of Legion because there literally wasn't enough to bitch about, and came back to BFA solely it seems because there were things to complain about. That is very, very strange and suggests a very cynical agenda.

Second, and more seriously, I don't think people understand how much of the content he used to propel him into his current situation was information stolen from smaller youtubers. He makes Warcraft Bible look like a paragon of virtue.

And don't tell me Blizzard are bad he makes a valid point...that is not the issue here. You need to find a better poster boy for intelligent criticism. There are a ton of better critics. I'm sick of people doing free promotional work for this black hole of cynicism and plagiarism.
    Excellent post, I couldn't agree more. Finally somebody with some sense.

"You Tubers" like this guy are a stain on the platform, as is the money this idiot makes off the poor saps on there that pay him to bitch and steal other people's content.

Look, I think Az is an okay guy, but his critiques are annoying to watch. If you criticize a game, it's best you do it with the intentions of hoping that the game will do better. Ya know? As one should? This guy literally nitpicks and rants on WoW for everything. That's that.

Also, why rant over a free mount? Stay subbed for 6 months, and you get it. Shows you're an actual fucking fan.

I don't understand why MMO-Champion is offering free advertising to this clown? He's a nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    or rather, it's easy for me to see the positive gains as in I can just buy that mount for 450k gold now
    I think a greater underlying issue here is also not a specific mount, but simply a sign from where the wind is blowing.

I think one can agree that BfA was a generally subpar expansion, whether that also affected subs in a significant fashion is open for speculation but if you have a less than optimal expansion but then also increase the amount of MTX in your game, that's just a foul combination.

The fact that they are now baiting people into a 6 month sub right before a content drought and also remove one of those Goldsink mounts with SL (which will most likely increase token sales) just shows how badly Blizzard wants to keep their profit afloat during that time.
    The removal of the Auction house mount is unprecedented, no Goldsink mount before was removed, yet that one has to go...?

On top of that, i think a lot of people fail to see the greater picture.
    Blizzard isn't going to turn back on those store mounts, if it works, they increase the output, and this will go on and on.

The question isn't "Where will Blizzard stop?" but rather "Where's the line where people aren't going to put with this?".
    If it were up to Blizzard, they probably would already release a "Mount of the month" via the store, but they know this would just poison the well right now, so they just slowly shorten the gap between each store mount so people aren't going to be as upset.

Activision sure as shit knows that the MTX Valve needs to be slowly opened, else you face a public backlash.

The fact that Blizzard even expands what they are offering within the shop is another factor.
    It started off with Mounts and Pets.

Now we have:
    Mounts
    Pets
    Transmog Item
    Toys
    Transmog sets
    Weapon Enchant
    Gold

What's next?
    New Animations?
    New Spell effects?
    New Customization options? (Imagine if they sold a Highelf skin for Void elves on the shop)

That list will get bigger as time goes on unless people start pushing back, yet some people have the nerve to even defend Blizzard here.
    Blizzard won't turn more avenues for profit down unless customers show them that it will be not profitable for them.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Also, why rant over a free mount? Stay subbed for 6 months, and you get it. Shows you're an actual fucking fan.
    I get why it gets people's backs up. It's more about securing long term subscriptions over rewarding fan loyalty. There is however a difference between voicing discontent with that type of system and dialling outrage up to 11.

Reminds me when it happened with the ghost ship and some of us just afked in the main hub with it, not because we actually liked the mount but just to get some entertainment from angry passers by that wanted to chastise us for daring to acquire the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by nagual View Post
    I don't understand why MMO-Champion is offering free advertising to this clown? He's a nobody.
    Oh no, not free advertising from the vaunted MMO-Champion and its hallowed halls, where people only lob personal attacks at him that they wouldn't dare throw at him if he had a different set of genitals.

I'm not a Youtuber, and honestly I don't have much love for ecelebs, but if I were one myself, I'd hate to be "advertised" on ResetEra lite.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The question isn't "Where will Blizzard stop?" but rather "Where's the line where people aren't going to put with this?".
    If it were up to Blizzard, they probably would already release a "Mount of the month" via the store, but they know this would just poison the well right now, so they just slowly shorten the gap between each store mount so people aren't going to be as upset.
    I think this hits the nail on the head.

We've already seen this line be crossed with EA and the Battlefront 2 lootbox fiasco, resulting in massive backlash against EA in particular, and lootboxes in a general(and sometimes legal) sense.

But I also think Activision/Blizzard are being a bit more intelligent about how they approach this. They're easing into it over long periods of time instead of shocking the consumer-base with a massive push. The "Boiling Frog" effect applied to micro-transactions and monetization.

Sadly, I think at this point the current playerbase is largely either too invested, or too desensitized to these types of methods to really notice. And so I think Blizzard is going to be able to keep pushing, and worse....anchoring the expectations of players. So even if there is an eventual push-back against the business model, it will still be to a spot further along than I feel is healthy for consumers.

Youtubers that have a channel to flame Blizzard should stop having the rights to be youtubers. Like, you know for a fact they will try do minor or major flamings at everything they see, how can that be credible for starters even. Their credibility is resumed to their viewers, they don't really give af about wow. They use it to make "content" and nothing more. And if that wasn't enough, it spreads more negativity about it, as if we don't have already enough.

Love these free advertising posts. Who actually watches these losers.

I stopped caring about him when he did his rant on Argus “having 15 minutes of content “ on the ptr when half of the first zone was available

He got called out and then decided to start a new channel saying “blizzard fanatics and trolls are just mad”

Came back in bfa because he realized that outside of his rants NOONE CARES!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aleloron View Post
    Who? I’ve not heard of the guy before.

Fo’ realz. YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter need to die in a fire and people need to stop making “celebrities” out of these people.

And all of this is about as likely as Jeff Bezos depositing a few billion of his bucks into my checking account sadly.

- - - Updated - - -

Me too. I was quite happy to find the lil’ rat waiting me. I think it’s cute as all fluffy hell.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m confused. Do you not want the game to still be available? Do you want the servers to just be shut down and that’s the end of WoW? That’s cool if you do, but if that’s so then why post in WoW forums?

Seriously asking; not just being a dick.
    Just wasting time while playing some "quality mobile games". Typing whatever comes to mind. You should try it, it's fun And if some people get confused, it's even better!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have half-a-brain there's nothing to put up with. You don't have to stay for six months, you don't have to have the mount. People should use their heads. So much nonsense about this.

The basis of it seems to be that you and others think that most people are too stupid to resist. That's insulting and as bad as the YouTubers who incite this bullshit to up their views.

Anyone who thinks for a second that I'm defending anything go away. If you dislike the game and don't want to subscribe for six months, then quit for fuck's sake. In the meanwhile quit implying that everyone that sticks around is some sort of weak moron. It's not your choice to make and the arrogance that you believe for an instant that you need to advise people about how awful this is is obvious.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    That list will get bigger as time goes on unless people start pushing back, yet some people have the nerve to even defend Blizzard here.
    Blizzard won't turn more avenues for profit down unless customers show them that it will be not profitable for them.
    But why does it matter. Why does it matter that people can pay extra to customize their characters if they want. Your post starts off with non-cosmetic stuff and transitions into cosmetics are bad because I say so. There is no harm in selling stuff to people who want it. And making sure it is optional so those that do not want it do not lose out on anything.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    So much nonsense about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But why does it matter. Why does it matter that people can pay extra to customize their characters if they want. Your post starts off with non-cosmetic stuff and transitions into cosmetics are bad because I say so. There is no harm in selling stuff to people who want it. And making sure it is optional so those that do not want it do not lose out on anything.
    No, it's not, the ever increasing amount of MTX isn't good for the consumer.
    It's a cashgrab on Blizzards end, that's the long and short of it.

Simply because Blizzard can do it, doesn't mean it's good or people just should just look the other way "because it doesn't bother me".

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The basis of it seems to be that you and others think that most people are too stupid to resist. That's insulting and as bad as the YouTubers who incite this bullshit to up their views.
    It's their choice, but that doesn't mean when you look at the greater spectrum, you really get something for your money.
    If you didn't plan on playing for the entire 6 months, you essentially are buying for mount for that money.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-01-20 at 10:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not, the ever increasing amount of MTX isn't good for the consumer.
    It's a cashgrab on Blizzards end, that's the long and short of it. Simply because Blizzard can do it, it mean it's good or people just should just look the other way "because it doesn't bother me".
    But why though? Simply saying it is bad is not a good enough answer. There is nothing wrong with options as long as those options remain optional. We have over 300 hundred mounts in game. No one is going to miss a few that cash shop only. There is a plethora of toys, pets, and mounts and only very few of the pets are even useful. And only a handful of strategies require store-only pets.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."