Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    He's just charging up the outrage machine for clicks and sadly the op has decided to accommodate him.

Don't buy the six months. Don't stress about the mount. It's not stupid. It's the player's choice. The implication is that people are too stupid to know what they want. He's talking to you. He thinks he has to warn you about stuff like this because your brain cells are so attenuated that you can't see reality for what it is.

YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.
    YouTube and Twitch (etc) are worse than EA and Activision (etc).
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    This cannot be stated enough. Youtubers aren't the bearers of truth. They make a living off creating drama where there is none. They are the embodiment of bias. Stop listening to anything these leeches have to say.
    Idk about youtubes in general... There is Bellular and E&T for news that is generally without bias, they gives pros and cons and their feelings on all that in a less... ragesk... basement living induced... hateful rant... compare to heels... I wish they would stop allowing videos to be linked in an OP. We really don't need a thread for asmongold or heels... Shit has to come from someone paid to promote them. I've never seen this shit for any other youtubers. Just those 2.

I saw his video about the charity pet and that video was so poorly researched I was able to find out why the pet contributions are limited, learn US tax rules regarding charitable contributions and if there was even a danger of the pet reaching the cap before he was half way done his rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Terrible analogy is terrible.
    Food analogies are generally made when the author is hungry. And when you're hungry you generally don't think as well as you would otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Why give this pathetic bygone YouTuber any more attention? He's like the Boogie2988 of WoW, except less known.

Do these business practices become legit simply because they've been done before?
    Sadly, yes.

Not that I approve of this, mind you. I'm simply being objective. Business practices become the norm after being repeated often enough that the market becomes conditioned to it. And unless something major happens to stir things up, it continues to push the norm. It's the "Boiling Frog" effect.

We saw this with look boxes and MTX during the fiasco of Battlefront 2 and EA. When you look at the way the market was trending in the mobile-games industry, and how much of it was beginning to bleed over into the PC/Console market, if EA hadn't have pushed things so hard(along with a few other companies), it's likely that by now we'd be in a much worse situation as far as "Live Service" business models.

I said this earlier in the thread, IIRC: As long as Blizzard doesn't over do it, they'll likely be able to continue slowly pushing the line forward on cash shop items and other services.

EDIT: Oh, and no it's not too late to complain or criticize it. Not yet, at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    I don't get how someone catch watch this pile a crap. After 2 minutes, I had enough of fakes laughs and stupids voices. Are those video made for 10 years old hater? Do he ever say something meaningful?
    He used to. These days his content has really taken a downturn. I absolutely despise the baby-voice and valley-girl voice. It makes me turn off the video and downvote.

Taliesin with bananas in this video perfectly sums up Heelzvsbabyface. (most of it is in first few minutes and was in response to "I hate wow but i'm going to do nothing but play it for a week.")

Quote Originally Posted by Tranzplore View Post
    Most Youtubers are working for sub minimum wage providing free content. Fuck you and other people who defend this massively out of control billion dollar corporation reflexively.
    What a stupid fucking paragraph. Seriously, it's impressive how much dumb is compressed into so few words. And only 3 posts ... I can tell you have a big future ahead of you.

How much someone makes from an endeavor has nothing to do with its value. By your logic we should applaud people who engage in vandalism since they are doing it for free with very few exceptions. (Not sure who would pay someone to be a vandal but I'm sure it's happened.)

And wtf are you with your bullshit Bernie Sanders style brainless attack on capitalism? I bet you're about 14 years old and think you're totally woke and you don't have even the faintest whiff of the reality that you just regurgitate what's been fed to you. Oooh, those evil corporations who sell us things we want to buy! How dare they!

No, it's not, the ever increasing amount of MTX isn't good for the consumer.
    It's a cashgrab on Blizzards end, that's the long and short of it.

Simply because Blizzard can do it, doesn't mean it's good or people just should just look the other way "because it doesn't bother me".

It's their choice, but that doesn't mean when you look at the greater spectrum, you really get something for your money.
    If you didn't plan on playing for the entire 6 months, you essentially are buying for mount for that money.
    It is nonsense becuase all your posts boil down to isw "I decree that this is bad for the game, therefore it fact that it is bad for the game and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong". YOu are taking very "holier than thou" position. AS long as things ar optional, there is nothing wrong with it. Other players deciding to take advantage of the offer in no way harms your ability to play the game. Basically what you want is for everybody to play the game your way and that is what is truly wrong.

this particular youtuber has frankly been irreverent since wod.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It is nonsense becuase all your posts boil down to isw "I decree that this is bad for the game, therefore it fact that it is bad for the game and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong". YOu are taking very "holier than thou" position. AS long as things ar optional, there is nothing wrong with it. Other players deciding to take advantage of the offer in no way harms your ability to play the game. Basically what you want is for everybody to play the game your way and that is what is truly wrong.
    Let's all step back here and take a healthy dose of perspective. Cash shop mounts are pretty low on the spectrum of "bad for the game". That doesn't mean it should be overlooked, but it also doesn't mean it should be ignored either.

The reason why it's considered "bad" for the game is because it's a mount appearance that could otherwise have been used as a reward for actual content within the game. When you put that in perspective along side all the other mounts available, you can see how minor of a point it really is. But it's still a point to be considered! A single drop of rain is nothing. An entire monsoon is dangerous.

And there's where this is leading for a lot of people. They see the increased number of cash shop items, and combine it with all the other things Blizzard are doing, and they see the storm clouds forming.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I thought threads like this was against the rules. With good reason.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I have to be honest. I think the Batwoman show is atrocious, but those reaction vids Az makes about how bad it is make me go to the next channel. Holy crap that valley-girl voice Az does is annoying! I've started downvoting those vids. ;D

- - - Updated - - -

It's not free. It costs 6 months of sub.

Granted, you get other things for that 6 months, but the entire concept of "Free with purchase" is an age old sales tactic that no one should be misunderstanding in 2020. :/

- - - Updated - - -

What do you think comedians do?

Come on now. God....this thread is full of more disingenuous statements and misrepresentations than normal.
    Comparing edgy youtubers to comedians... Sure, that's not like comparing apples and oranges at all! Nope!
    But by all means, keep on enabling toxic manchildren like him

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Comparing edgy youtubers to comedians... Sure, that's not like comparing apples and oranges at all! Nope!
    But by all means, keep on enabling toxic manchildren like him
    Yes I made the comparison, because it's apt. Both comedians and "toxic" youtubers poke fun at the world for entertainment and profit.

And next time before you go throwing accusations like "enabling toxic manchildren" maybe you should actually read my post history on this thread and realize that I advocate a reasoned, moderate approach.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-01-22 at 07:34 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    /facepalm

I guess it DOES need explaining.
    "sales trick" nobody is arguing it isn't a way to entice sales, but it is free nonetheless. You pay the same for 6 month sub without it as you do with it. It is a "bonus" that you do not pay for. Thus free.

Considering said content could also go into the game without the additional price tag, that makes a difference.
    Another complaint that boils down to "just hand it to me". Seems to have become the theme of BfA criticism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    they didnt became such a plague untill they stated to treat youtube as their full time jobs.

thats why i mostly ignore youtubers and stick to podcasters - like Scott Johnson from the instance podcast and other similiar.
    It's not even all of them. My kid follows a few who do playthroughs and they are harmless and mostly funny. And they are full-timers, so it is possible to make a living on YouTube without spewing hate. I also watch some YouTube channels on tabletop gaming occasionally. (I prefer spending my time playing games, not watching someone play them.)

But this community, if it's even the proper word, seems to pick the hatemongers.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not free. It costs 6 months of sub.

Granted, you get other things for that 6 months, but the entire concept of "Free with purchase" is an age old sales tactic that no one should be misunderstanding in 2020. :/
    Last time there was a similar deal Blizzard gave me six months for the price of five and in exchange I only needed to accept a lame mount.

Well, yeah, MMO-C seems to be full of hatemongers, going by this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    "sales trick" nobody is arguing it isn't a way to entice sales, but it is free nonetheless. You pay the same for 6 month sub without it as you do with it. It is a "bonus" that you do not pay for. Thus free.
    Except you DO pay for it by committing to six months of subscription during a time where the content is just not going to last that long. Yes, when looked at in the way you're describing it, it appears to be free. You're not paying extra on top of a "normal" sub. Where the added cost comes in is the sale of more items(monthly subs) than you might otherwise not purchase or use, especially during a period of time where it's known in advance that there will be a derth of new content. Where Blizzard KNOWS people are more likely to unsub.

Obviously if you're the type of player who just maintains a sub year round, this is a nice bonus. But not everyone does that. Many people come and go. That's what this "Free with purchase" strategy is aimed at.

By the way, thanks for going from "you just lack basic logic skills" to having an actual discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Last time there was a similar deal Blizzard gave me six months for the price of five and in exchange I only needed to accept a lame mount.
    Obviously the value proposition is going to differ from consumer to consumer. But I already made this point to MoanaLisa and others when talking about the George Carlin quote and the law of averages. WoW operates on numbers of subscribers large enough that many people are going to be swayed into buying more months of sub, than they actually need or use, by the "Free" mount.

It's not a coincidence that this "deal" is being offered when they know there's going to be a 6-8 month span with no new content.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cash shop mounts are pretty low on the spectrum of "bad for the game"....

The reason why it's considered "bad" for the game is because it's a mount appearance that could otherwise have been used as a reward for actual content within the game.
    Sorry, but that is an inadequate argument to demonstrate that cash shop mounts are bad for the game because it simply assumes, without substantation, that without the cash shop, those mounts would have been in the game. I am sorry, but I just don't see how that makes any sense when you look at the big picture.

Every in-game asset costs money to make. And that cost needs to be justified and budgeted for. And the budget is contingent on the amount of revenue the game makes. Simply put, if the game is bringing in less revenue, the development budget will be affected accordingly.

In essence, the fact that the shop exists and makes money for Blizzard is the justification necessary for the development of those mounts in the first place. Take away the shop and you're not going to get them as rewards in game. Alternatively, the only way you would still those mounts as rewards for in-game content would be if other content was cut. Either way, the idea that the game (and what we get out of it) would be better off without the shop is without merit.

When you put that in perspective along side all the other mounts available, you can see how minor of a point it really is. But it's still a point to be considered! A single drop of rain is nothing. An entire monsoon is dangerous.

And there's where this is leading for a lot of people. They see the increased number of cash shop items, and combine it with all the other things Blizzard are doing, and they see the storm clouds forming.
    I think that's a great analogy. You're so focussed on the potential damage a monsoon could cause that you've lost sight of the fact that raindrops are also necessary for rain. Sure, monsoons are bad, but a complete absence of rain is even worse. Raindrops are not the enemy.

I am not going to disagree with you that an in-game shop has the potential to be a destructive force. But I do recognise that it is vital to the continued survival of the game. Because, like it or not, WoW needs to continue to offer a convincing business case if it is to remain healthy, and the shop is an important part of that equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tranzplore View Post
    Just pointing this out here before this descends into critics vs Blizzard argument.

Heelsvvsbabyface is no one's consumer champion. God knows Blizzard deserve criticism sometimes but he is not the one to dish it out.

First, he has the very warped perspective of someone who only ever plays wow to criticize it. He quit during the entirety of Legion because there literally wasn't enough to bitch about, and came back to BFA solely it seems because there were things to complain about. That is very, very strange and suggests a very cynical agenda.

Second, and more seriously, I don't think people understand how much of the content he used to propel him into his current situation was information stolen from smaller youtubers. He makes Warcraft Bible look like a paragon of virtue.

And don't tell me Blizzard are bad he makes a valid point...that is not the issue here. You need to find a better poster boy for intelligent criticism. There are a ton of better critics. I'm sick of people doing free promotional work for this black hole of cynicism and plagiarism.

He's an idiot, that's what he is.

Also, you can buy anything on the store with ingame currency, no need to dish out money.
    Problem solved.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/