Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    I'd say the reason for most politicians in deep red states is misogyny. A lot of anti-abortion republicans have had daughter, wives, and mistress get abortions aboard. While using it to score political points here. Some of the sick bastards are against rape exemptions and the even sicker ones are ok with it in states. Where rapist can fight for custody.

Thomas Clarence got into an argument about contraception and in Ohio republicans wanted to ban forms of it. This doesn't stop after abortion. It also borderlines on degeneracy.
    Not denying that. Just saying it's not all misogyny. Since I know for a fact some does it because they value life... which is why I think the best brush to use is misguided and deluded sense of morality. Often having it's roots in religion. This encompases misogyny as well since it's a deluded morality stance.

Only women can get pregnant. Any action to restrict it is aimed AT women. Trying to dress it up in nice words doesn't make it not misogyny to want to control what women can or can't do.
    Which is correct, because of biology. Fairly sure some would still value life even if men were the one getting pregnant.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2020-01-19 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Not denying that. Just saying it's not all misogyny. Since I know for a fact some does it because they value life... which is why I think the best brush to use is misguided and deluded sense of morality. Often having it's roots in religion. This encompases misogyny as well since it's a deluded morality stance.
    That what they said at the end of the day. I can say anything but what really matters is my actions. A lot of republicans claim to be anti-crime but that is false. A lot of them claim to hate child rapist but vote for people with allegations. There is at least one a month man. I don't care about words, I care about actions because that what has an effect.

If the constitutions or morality are a big issue to you than voting Trump would be impossible. Than still support him regardless.
    Last edited by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen; 2020-01-19 at 04:01 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Stood in the Fire
    Not denying that. Just saying it's not all misogyny. Since I know for a fact some does it because they value life...
    No, they don't. Why aren't they out there giving blood, donating liver or kidney when people need transplants to not die? Why do they support policies that kills people? It's bullshit that they value life.

That what they said at the end of the day. I can say anything but what really matters is my actions. A lot of republicans claim to be anti-crime but that is false. A lot of them claim to hate child rapist but vote for people with allegations. There is at least one a month man. I don't care about words, I care about actions because that what has an effect.

I can believe earth is not round but that means nothing.
    Of course... but thinking literally everyone using the phrase is using it in a non-genuine way is just bonkers. What about non-politicians who are just regular joe and are church goers and thus value the life? I hardly think they are doing it for misogyny sake but instead of their own internal moral compass. Which is outdated and delusional if you ask me, but non-theless not misogynic.

Stood in the Fire
    Of course... but thinking literally everyone using the phrase is using it in a non-genuine way is just bonkers. What about non-politicians who are just regular joe and are church goers and thus value the life? I hardly think they are doing it for misogyny sake but instead of their own internal moral compass. Which is outdated and delusional if you ask me, but non-theless not misogynic.
    Wanting to control women is inherently misogynist. That's what it boils down to, they don't want us to have a say in what happens in our lives

Quote Originally Posted by Player Eleven View Post
    No, they don't. Why aren't they out there giving blood, donating liver or kidney when people need transplants to not die?
    Because fixing a problem is hard and they the government to do it for them. Aren't abortion rates super low in Asian countries because they take sex education a lot more seriously. They also demonize having kids out of wed lock. All of those things are hard and require effort. Why do that when Uncle same can make it illegal and women can die for unsafe abortion instead.

No, they don't. Why aren't they out there giving blood, donating liver or kidney when people need transplants to not die? Why do they support policies that kills people? It's bullshit that they value life.
    I think you are delusional in your own way if you can't accept that some actually do value the life on an unborn. And yeah, people go out and donate blood... Only ones I know that don't because of religion is jehovas and they aren't the only one being anti-abortion. Plenty of religious people are donating organs and blood.

I use to be after watching the last 3 years, I don't think republicans stand for anything honestly. Everything fear-mongering thing Obama was suppose to do Trump attempted. Everything Clinton was suppose to do Trump did...

Democrats investigation are a waste of money despite making money. Republicans failed investigation into Hillary that did nothing but waste money are fine. Trump and Barr investigated Hillary Clinton against with no convictions wasting taxpayer money once again. They also tried to investigate the origins of the Russia probe but even there handpicked investigator came up with nothing. Republicans are once again silence about taxpayer money being wasted but whine about pens days later.
    Last edited by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen; 2020-01-19 at 04:07 PM.

Wanting to control women is inherently misogynist. That's what it boils down to, they don't want us to have a say in what happens in our lives
    Except they aren't doing it to control a woman, but to protect a life... Reasons matter. As I mentioned, then putting a woman in prison is misogynic. Since you know, reasons don't matter according to you. If you imprison a man it's misandry, since reasons are irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

I use to be after watching the last 3 years, I don't think republicans stand for anything honestly. Everything fear-mongering thing Obama was suppose to do Trump attempted. Everything Clinton was suppose to do Trump did...
    I don't talk about politicians though. They aren't the only ones having values...regular people do as well, some of them are genuine, some of them are not.

Except they aren't doing it to control a woman, but to protect a life... Reasons matter. As I mentioned, then putting a woman in prison is misogynic. Since you know, reasons don't matter according to you. If you imprison a man it's misandry, since reasons are irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't talk about politicians though. They aren't the only ones having values...regular people do as well, some of them are genuine, some of them are not.
    Those regular people still vote for them that is the problem. Your friend probably claims but to be anti-crime but still votes heavily gop that is my point. When elected officials do stupid self destructive shit. It's the voters jobs to punish them and they don't seem interested.

Stood in the Fire
    Because fixing a problem is hard and they the government to do it for them. Aren't abortion rates super low in Asian countries because they take sex education a lot more seriously. They also demonize having kids out of wed lock. All of those things are hard and require effort. Why do that when Uncle same can make it illegal and women can die for unsafe abortion instead.
    No, they're not super low.

About 40 percent of all pregnancies in Vietnam end in abortion, twice as many as the government’s official records, doctors from Hanois Central Obstetrics Hospital said in a report.

Every woman of a reproductive age undergoes 2.5 abortions on average, according to the report.

“Vietnam has one of the highest [abortion] rates in the world. It is just sad,” Dr. Nguyen Thi Ngoc Phuong, a seasoned obstetrician, said at a recent workshop on contraception and reproductive health services.
    Thailand:

The estimated induced abortion ratio was 19.5 per 1,000 live births. Almost half the induced abortions were in young women under 25 years of age, many of whom had little or no access to contraception. Socio-economic reasons accounted for 60.2% of abortions.¹
    Sweden has 20.9.

- - - Updated - - -

Except they aren't doing it to control a woman, but to protect a life... Reasons matter.
    That's like saying the nazis weren't committing genocide, they were just protecting the aryan race.

Those regular people still vote for them that is the problem. Your friend probably claims but to be anti-crime but still votes heavily gop that is my point. When elected officials do stupid self destructive shit. It's the voters jobs to punish them and they don't seem interested.
    Absolutely, because it's in line with their own values. Why would you vote on a party that don't try to achieve what you value?

That's like saying the nazis weren't committing genocide, they were just protecting the aryan race.
    No it's not, they still committed genocide, that's an action. Protecting the aryan race is a reason. Same as misogyny is a reason, while preventing abortion is an action.

one can prevent abortion due to multiple reasons. You can be misogynistic. You can also value the unborn child.

No, they're not super low.

Thailand:

Sweden has 20.9.

- - - Updated - - -

http://worldpopulationreview.com/cou...es-by-country/

Japans is 12.9

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely, because it's in line with their own values. Why would you vote on a party that don't try to achieve what you value?
    Because one single issue doesn't out weight everything else. I also understand that my choices have consequences and that the world doesn't have infinite opportunity.

Aren't abortion rates super low in Asian countries because they take sex education a lot more seriously.
    What the fuck? What world do you live in? Sex education isn't serious here at all, when I had it in school it was pretty much Don't have sex before marriage, you're a slut if you do and nobody wants to marry a slut.

Stood in the Fire

No it's not, they still committed genocide, that's an action. Protecting the aryan race is a reason. Same as misogyny is a reason, while preventing abortion is an action.

one can prevent abortion due to multiple reasons. You can be misogynistic. You can also value the unborn child.
    Wanting to control women is inherently misogynist. Doesn't matter how you try to rationalise it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    What the fuck? What world do you live in? Sex education isn't serious here at all, when I had it in school it was pretty much Don't have sex before marriage, you're a slut if you do and nobody wants to marry a slut.
    We have abstinence only education in the United States. Some parents can even opt out of it. I didn't want to have unprotected sex the second, I learned what aids was. It also made me never want to go to jail/prison.

We have abstinence only education in the United States. Some parents can even opt out of it. I didn't want to have unprotected sex the second, I learned what aids was. It also made me never want to go to jail/prison.
    Ok? What does this have to do with you claiming we take sex education serious? Maybe some country does but it's not a thing in South Korea at least. From talks with Natta, it's not a thing in Thailand either.

Because one single issue doesn't out weight everything else. I also understand that my choices have consequences and that the world doesn't have infinite opportunity.
    Sure, I don't agree with that voting proceedure either. I also feel we are moving away from the topic we originally discuss. Or I'm at a loss how it's relevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Wanting to control women is inherently misogynist. Doesn't matter how you try to rationalise it.
    aight, imprisonment is misogyny and misandry.

Stood in the Fire
    Sure, I don't agree with that voting proceedure either. I also feel we are moving away from the topic we originally discuss. Or I'm at a loss how it's relevant.

- - - Updated - - -

aight, imprisonment is misogyny and misandry.
    Nope. The uterus is part of us. Prison isn't.

Nope. The uterus is part of us. Prison isn't.
    reasons don't matter. You are removing someones freedom.