Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Of course... but thinking literally everyone using the phrase is using it in a non-genuine way is just bonkers. What about non-politicians who are just regular joe and are church goers and thus value the life? I hardly think they are doing it for misogyny sake but instead of their own internal moral compass. Which is outdated and delusional if you ask me, but non-theless not misogynic.
    I use to be after watching the last 3 years, I don't think republicans stand for anything honestly. Everything fear-mongering thing Obama was suppose to do Trump attempted. Everything Clinton was suppose to do Trump did...

Democrats investigation are a waste of money despite making money. Republicans failed investigation into Hillary that did nothing but waste money are fine. Trump and Barr investigated Hillary Clinton against with no convictions wasting taxpayer money once again. They also tried to investigate the origins of the Russia probe but even there handpicked investigator came up with nothing. Republicans are once again silence about taxpayer money being wasted but whine about pens days later.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2020-01-19 at 04:07 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Player Eleven View Post
    Wanting to control women is inherently misogynist. That's what it boils down to, they don't want us to have a say in what happens in our lives
    Except they aren't doing it to control a woman, but to protect a life... Reasons matter. As I mentioned, then putting a woman in prison is misogynic. Since you know, reasons don't matter according to you. If you imprison a man it's misandry, since reasons are irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    I use to be after watching the last 3 years, I don't think republicans stand for anything honestly. Everything fear-mongering thing Obama was suppose to do Trump attempted. Everything Clinton was suppose to do Trump did...
    I don't talk about politicians though. They aren't the only ones having values...regular people do as well, some of them are genuine, some of them are not.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Except they aren't doing it to control a woman, but to protect a life... Reasons matter. As I mentioned, then putting a woman in prison is misogynic. Since you know, reasons don't matter according to you. If you imprison a man it's misandry, since reasons are irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't talk about politicians though. They aren't the only ones having values...regular people do as well, some of them are genuine, some of them are not.
    Those regular people still vote for them that is the problem. Your friend probably claims but to be anti-crime but still votes heavily gop that is my point. When elected officials do stupid self destructive shit. It's the voters jobs to punish them and they don't seem interested.

Those regular people still vote for them that is the problem. Your friend probably claims but to be anti-crime but still votes heavily gop that is my point. When elected officials do stupid self destructive shit. It's the voters jobs to punish them and they don't seem interested.
    Absolutely, because it's in line with their own values. Why would you vote on a party that don't try to achieve what you value?

That's like saying the nazis weren't committing genocide, they were just protecting the aryan race.
    No it's not, they still committed genocide, that's an action. Protecting the aryan race is a reason. Same as misogyny is a reason, while preventing abortion is an action.

one can prevent abortion due to multiple reasons. You can be misogynistic. You can also value the unborn child.

No, they're not super low.

Thailand:

Sweden has 20.9.

- - - Updated - - -

That's like saying the nazis weren't committing genocide, they were just protecting the aryan race.
    http://worldpopulationreview.com/cou...es-by-country/

Japans is 12.9

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely, because it's in line with their own values. Why would you vote on a party that don't try to achieve what you value?
    Because one single issue doesn't out weight everything else. I also understand that my choices have consequences and that the world doesn't have infinite opportunity.

Aren't abortion rates super low in Asian countries because they take sex education a lot more seriously.
    What the fuck? What world do you live in? Sex education isn't serious here at all, when I had it in school it was pretty much Don't have sex before marriage, you're a slut if you do and nobody wants to marry a slut.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    What the fuck? What world do you live in? Sex education isn't serious here at all, when I had it in school it was pretty much Don't have sex before marriage, you're a slut if you do and nobody wants to marry a slut.
    We have abstinence only education in the United States. Some parents can even opt out of it. I didn't want to have unprotected sex the second, I learned what aids was. It also made me never want to go to jail/prison.

We have abstinence only education in the United States. Some parents can even opt out of it. I didn't want to have unprotected sex the second, I learned what aids was. It also made me never want to go to jail/prison.
    Ok? What does this have to do with you claiming we take sex education serious? Maybe some country does but it's not a thing in South Korea at least. From talks with Natta, it's not a thing in Thailand either.

Because one single issue doesn't out weight everything else. I also understand that my choices have consequences and that the world doesn't have infinite opportunity.
    Sure, I don't agree with that voting proceedure either. I also feel we are moving away from the topic we originally discuss. Or I'm at a loss how it's relevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Wanting to control women is inherently misogynist. Doesn't matter how you try to rationalise it.
    aight, imprisonment is misogyny and misandry.

Nope. The uterus is part of us. Prison isn't.
    reasons don't matter. You are removing someones freedom.

When you target something that is inherent to women and want to control what we can do, yes it doesn't matter.

I guess you'd be fine with men being forced into circumcision? After all, fuck bodily autonomy.
    No... I'm not even fine with restricting abortion. I've called it a deluded sense of morality multiple times.

But i would definitely differentiate someone who does it for misandry and someone who wants it for another reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Suneye View Post
    That's so stupid. Prisons aren't something we're born with. Why are you even trying to compare politicians wanting to infringe on our rights and freedoms to prison?
    because I'm not talking about politicians. I'm talking about not everyone who is against abortion are misogynistic since they are doing it for other reasons than misogyny.

Don't even understand why it's so hard to grasp and the pure refusal of understanding peoples reasonings. Just because someone accepts that, hey you might not do this because of misogyny, doesn't mean you approve of it.

Because he thinks it's just cool to hate on women who decide for themselves as long you dress it up in nice words.
    what in the absolute fuck? I have said multiple times being against abortion is delusional... what in the fuck?
    You start to appear utterly deranged since you obviously can't read posts.

Quote Originally Posted by WraithKingOstarion View Post
    https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/01/41...decision-study

should more studies like this be held and used as "ammunition" for those for or against it?
    I'm not sure as this drifts into the territory of "as time goes by, you feel less about a certain thing". You'd have to hold this up against the women who did not go through with an abortion and how they felt about it. To put it more simply - the people going in to get abortions are more likely to believe in it to begin with, introducing some sampling bias.

This debunks the idea that most women suffer emotionally from having an abortion.
    It really doesn't, as the article mentions:

many did struggle initially to make it. Just over half said the decision to terminate their pregnancy was very difficult (27 percent) or somewhat difficult (27 percent),
    And relief was the most prominent emotion reported by all groups at the end of the study – just as it was at every time point in the study.
    This is probably connected to part of the underlying factors people don't want to have kids - the responsibility is great, and not having kids or the moment kids finally move out feels like a great burden being lifted off your shoulders. It's psychologically satisfying like refreshing yourself after a hot day (to the nth degree).

With that in mind, this is only one part of the moral calculus, which accounts for the fact that there is a human life that will potentially be a full adult, the SES costs associated, and the social stigmas involved, among others.

Maybe you should stop saying it's okay as long as they dress up their contempt for women in nice words. That doesn't make it not misogyny.
    I have not once said it's ok... i've have said multiple times it's delusional...

You gonna keep on lying or make stuff up?

You're insisting that their hate isn't hate because they dress it up nicely.
    Because for some it's not about misogyny... doesn't make it less delusional or harmful.
    still don't grasp why it's so hard that people do things for different reasons...

And the fact that you try to rationalize having said position that people have different reasons as being misogynistic is just laughable.

They don't do things for different reason. You just think they're being reasonable and not hateful of women because they dress it up in nice words.
    yup, you are absolutely delusional and closed into a box. Maybe if you actually ventured outside your echo chamber and listened to people you would realise that people do the same thing for different reasons. However, you've clearly shown the lack of intention of trying to understand what another person is saying. Which is evident how act towards me by blatantly ignoring what I've said multiple times.

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthel...ull.pdf#page=1

We already know what they think. They're not only against abortion but a whole lot of other things that affects women.
    Further proof that you don't read what I say or try to understand or comprehend. I haven't talked about politicians nor have I mentioned them except the few times I've explained I don't talk about politicians.

It's easy being one dimensional in that regard. You do you and I wish you well, but that's it for me.

Doesn't matter what they say about why they think it's bad. It's misogyny at its core either way.
    But it's not. That's what you're failing to understand. Simply saying it and ignore counterpoints doesn't make you correct.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well this went nowhere good pretty fast. This is closed.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."