Love at first sight

Do you believe in love at first sight?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

No that’s silly. I believe in instant attraction as that makes sense

“You look nice!”

“So do you!”

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, but it happens to some people. I guess it depends on your personal experiences.

Lust at first sight, not love no.

If you love someone after only being with them for a week, you're retarded and about 2-4 weeks away from a breakup induced depression.

My brother was like this, it was god damn pathetic. He'd go out, find a girl while high and drunk and come home like he was in love. Then, he'd go out with her for 3-4 days and then break up. We'd all have to endure his pathetic breakup shit for the next 2 weeks.

Then he'd find another girl.

Some times, the reason his 5 day girlfriend broke up with him, was because he was banging another girl who he says he was in love with.

He'd talk about spending the rest of his life together with people he'd known for a month, it was complete madness.

As a general rule, i expect every relationship that forms under the influence of drugs or alcohol to end within 1-2 years. Chances are the reason you're even staying together is partly because you're lonely and afraid to break up and the other half is that you'd feel bad for breaking up with them.

7+ Year Old Account
    You can physically "love" someone at first sight but it can't be real love since you don't even know how good their personality is at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I believe in lust at first sight.
    Yep this.

Attraction or Lust at first sight for certain. Love is much deeper and, from my perspective, means that you take the other persons needs, wants and desires into account and try to use your effort to their benefit to a degree at a bare minimum.

You can't know what a person's needs, wants or desires are by just seeing their physical form.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

Does it matter whether it is brain chemical induced feelings or fate?

I assume most normal relationships start with some degree of mutual attraction. I feel sorry for people that do not feel any attraction for their partners.

I have had my share of love at first sight relationships. I only have fond memories of them. Surprisingly, sex does not feature prominently. The holding hands, gazing into each other eyes, hugging and cuddling, and long talks until dawn do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and no.

Yes, if one knows them so well has enough experience and meets someone similar.

No, in general if it's just two people who appreciate how the other looks.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Love takes actually knowing something about a person first. Loving their body is really not the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes i do alleria is the only one for me.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Yes, at first glance, I believe in love. We sometimes don't know that we feel love already, but time has shown us that the feeling is true. Words are a way of self-development.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, hasn't the movie Frozen taught you anything? Lust at first sight yes, love however takes work and development.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Attraction or lust, sure. That's not love though. Love is something that doesn't really happen at first sight, it's something that happens once you actually know the person.
    This here ^

I'd been on several dates with hot guys who I lusted after in the past, but it took time to develop feelings of love to the most important people in my life.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2020-01-21 at 11:59 AM.
    #boycottchina

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I believe in lust at first sight.
    Good point. And some have issues with seeing the difference between lust and love. At the same time, I think it is possible to fall in love at first sight. But like all things, time proves which is true.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

At first glance I can tell whether I do want to have sex with a guy, or smell.

Now... depending on personality I can easily lose all attraction for a sexy as fuck hunk who so does it for me.

You can’t tell personality from a look. You can tell fuckability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I believe in Lust at First Sight. As well as Intrigue at First Sight.

But not Love since you only have physical interest to go off of.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

No, just deep attraction that develops into love over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    You can certainly be mutually attracted at first sight, which can lead quickly to a relationship. Sometimes that relationship develops into something long lasting, and becomes love. Since the definition of "love" is rather nebulous and subjective, the exact point it moves from mutual attraction to love is pretty vague. I would say "Instantly" is definitely too early, but there really isn't a fixed timeline anywhere in there.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Nope, but I believe in lust at first sight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there is such a thing as love at first sight. It's just one or both people instantly being attracted to each other so much that they think they're in love but it's really just an infatuation.

I guess there could be that one in a million chance it could happen but I mean come on with the kind of society we live in today you might as well say it never happens. People don't take relationships seriously anymore. People get too caught up in the moment and don't think things through.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe