New gaming PC build request using my GTX 1070 GPU

Hey guys. I'm reposting this from the base computer forum if it looks familiar, I just realized this sub-forum is here.

So my computer died and I need to build a new one, and I'm no good at picking stuff out, so I was hoping you could please help me. I don't need peripherals, and I already have some good parts that I can move over to keep the price down. With that in mind, my price range is $500-1000. This is an unexpected expense, so I'd really prefer to keep it closer to $500 (the point up to which I don't have to adjust my life or budget), but I can tighten my belt up to $1000 if it is necessary to get the kind of PC I'm describing. I will leave it to your judgement to determine the best sweet spot in that range. Here is what I already have that I can move over:

a GTX 1070 graphics card
    a 1TB mechanical drive for storage, a 250gb SSD with windows on it, and a 500gb SSD with games on it.

I want something that will do justice to that GPU, that can run WoW on high settings on through Shadowlands, using my 2 1440 Monitors (WoW on one, youtube/netflix etc on the other). I also would like a case with at least 2 (or preferably more) ports on the front. I use a Corsair Strafe keyboard that uses 2 USB connections, and there's some distance between my machine and keyboard in my setup. Ideally something relatively quiet as well, my last PC was louder than my liking. A good upgrade path would be great, since this is more of an emergency buy rather than going for the best thing possible right now.

If anyone really enjoys coming up with builds and could help me choose what to get, I'm not confident in my own ability to pick good value parts that will run well together, haha.

I really appreciate your help!
    Last edited by Osmin; 2020-01-19 at 02:55 PM.

Could you reuse your case? That would also save on money.

Right now you are looking at case, mobo, cpu, ram, and PSU.

This is what I’d go with, trying to stick close to $500 including a new case

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard ($114.99 @ B&H)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.98 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: EVGA BQ 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($64.50 @ Walmart)
    Total: $509.45
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-19 13:00 EST-0500

Thanks for getting back to me! I'm glad to see something good is possible for that price. My old case has definitely seen better days (a fan that no longer works, cracked glass etc), so I really should get a new one.

Also I only see one USB slot in the front of this case, do you know a good one that has at least 2 in the front for my keyboard that will fit this stuff?

If I go above $500 it's not the end of the world, just the closer I can stick to it, the less I'll be borrowing from future me, haha. I don't want to cut too many corners to stick to it if an extra hundred or two can get me something much better or more reliable.

3+ Year Old Account
    guys I also need some suggestions for pc. I want to play and stream PUBG pc on youtube. Please suggest me a pc within good budget

Quote Originally Posted by Osmin View Post
    Thanks for getting back to me! I'm glad to see something good is possible for that price. My old case has definitely seen better days (a fan that no longer works, cracked glass etc), so I really should get a new one.

Also I only see one USB slot in the front of this case, do you know a good one that has at least 2 in the front for my keyboard that will fit this stuff?

If I go above $500 it's not the end of the world, just the closer I can stick to it, the less I'll be borrowing from future me, haha. I don't want to cut too many corners to stick to it if an extra hundred or two can get me something much better or more reliable.
    You’re right, that was my bad on the front ports. But you can look around for a case that you like.

This one is a little more expensive, but I like this case. Has 2x usb3 top-front of the case, has 2 intake fans, and looks sleek. $89.99 from amazon

Corsair 275R Airflow Tempered Glass Mid-Tower Gaming Case, White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VL5QHMB..._-.njEbKV3GH49

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what I'd recommend to get as close as possible to that $500 target while still getting very good cooling and low noise.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports CPU Cooler ($35.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard ($114.99 @ B&H)
    Memory: G.Skill Flare X 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case ($84.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($73.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $569.93
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-19 18:20 EST-0500

Thanks so much for your help guys, just ordered everything and I'm excited to get to work on it.