Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What are your five pets (and why)?

I'm struggling to keep a full 5 pets that I like, so i was hoping to get some 'inspiration' from the community on what they use and why they use it.

personally i'm using

1. spirit beast. dispel, hot, tenacity buff, etc.
    2. gorilla or clefthoof. bloodlust, leech, tanking buffs for solo/questing/dungeons
    3. hyenas. speed, snare removal, MS for pvp/bgs.
    4. empty
    5. empty

I'd use a worm if burrow did more damage than beast cleave and it could still kill command from under ground, i feel like it needs a buff. I could probably benefit from a ferocity pet that dispels in certain dungeons but I'm not a fan of rays or bats.

I'm not sure what to use my last two spots, what do you use?

I don't even have five pets.

I have a tiger that has been a faithful companion since the Echo Isles. And I have a wolfhawk because epic hunter quest chain and I kinda like it.

you only need a spirit beast (for heal and purge) and something with BL

On my main hunter? Uvoros from Shadowmoon Valley, a triceratops from Isle of Thunder, a velociraptor from Zandalar, a fox from Tol'barad, and an armored wolf from one of the Hellfire 5 man's from Outland. Why? I mean, I just tame pets I find cool along the way. I love dinosaurs and ravenous beasts like wolves, and Uvoros just looks cool with my hunter because he's a Nightborne. I remember taming the fox in Tol'barad because I wanted to have a fox. Not a fan of birds or lizards. Big cats are ok but I prefer wolves or foxes. I had a gorilla once called Maguilla but released him to replace with the triceratops.

Sporebat, it has been the best pet since BC.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

1. Ban'thalos- love owls, and the spirit beast owl on a night elf female huntress is just so cool to me.
    2. Bloodlust pet, fenryr is cool

1. Spirit beast - Hati
    2. Clefthoof (Rhino). This is the best for quest, I can even solo those new rares in Uldum with 13kk HP

Personally, I wish we can change the spec of pets agian

1 Ravager I had since lv10 in TBC, never gonna get rid of him
    2 Loque'nahak since WOTLK, spirit beasts are too good for 8.3
    3 Core hound for bloodlust

I don't even have 5, I have a corehound, a hippo and one of those round bois with huge mouths from Nazmir.. Crawg or something.

I got a ray from Nazjatar for the combination hero pet and dispell. An albino raven for one of my transmog sets, Fenryr and a last one i always forget. I always try to keep a spot open in case i spot a pet i really want.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Spirit Beast. I get a decent heal, a dispel, a damage reduction cooldown (because he's tenacity spec), more health.

I honestly don't know what my other pets are, I don't use them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just use bloodlust, purge and mortal wounds pet.

Fenryr, Hati and a random carrion bird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loque'nahak for the heal/dmg reduction/dispell combo (as well as for the looks) and Snarler from Ferelas, because he was OP way back when tamable beasts had specific resistances, and I've had him ever since. Both of these were difficult to farm due to how popular they were when their content was current, and as such, they serve as personal status symbols of sorts, as I tamed them WHILE they were current and competitively sought.

7+ Year Old Account
    1. Hati
    2. Skoll(spirit beast and my most faithful pet since I tamed him back in Wotlk after camping for gods knows how many days)
    3. Owl, Legion model, which I use when I play MM
    4. Turtle for tanking, crystal model found in Suramar
    5. Quilen or crane for the res

Used to always bring a water strider pet as well for the water walking but that is no longer needed.

I have my stables full of rare and special pets, like Humar the Pridelord which accompanied me a lot in my early wow days.
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2020-01-20 at 11:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mostly use pets for looks over functionality, they have to match my transmog.

I have nearly every rare pet in the game (64/65 slots filled, wtb more stable slots) so it changes a lot, the only pet I have on me at almost all times is Terrorpene because he's my favorite. I keep one of each type on me, but once again usually for looks not abilities, I have portable stables if I ever need a certain ability.

BM: Loque'nahak, A devilsaur (either of the boss ones), and Rush because I'm a huge Megaman fan. When I use animal companion I have a second Loque'nahak, their names are Bill and Ted.

Survival: Terrorpene, the blue wolf that looks like Gara that's not a spirit beast, and once again Rush.

Edit: I should rephrase the part about rare pets. I have 64/65 slots filled with either rare or unique pets with a few random pets I have for looks. I also made sure I have access to every available pet ability in case I ever needed them.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2020-01-20 at 11:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I have..

Green Core Hound, for Bloodlust and casual solo play - Damage reflect really helps to AoE tank large groups of mobs.
    Orange Armored Clefthoof - It's the best for soloing harder content.
    Nether Ray, for dispel+bloodlust.
    Fen Strider from Outland. Not sure why I still have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

On my Dwarf hunter I have 2 bears for Beast Master with Animal Companion because I just think it fits Dwarves. On top of that I have:

* Boar, also kind of fits a dwarf for use on Marksmanship spec
    * Wolf, same reason but for Survival
    * Devilsaur, because I decided to have one exotic and chose T-rex
    * Hati becasue it's Hati.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I don't play BM. Therefore:

Raptor for PvP (mortal wounds/freedom)
    Nether Ray for PvE (lust/dispel)

Sadly, all the other pet families are pretty much useless.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I mostly only use one, my ghost saber from Darkshore.

Spirit beast: groups/raids
    Clefthoof: solo
    Raptor: for clearing old content, want the runspeed

And that's it.

I really wish the blood of the rhino passive was on more pet types, or replaced with something else.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2020-01-21 at 10:01 PM.