Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    8.3.5 and what we lost

    on blizzcon Ion said BfA is far from complete there is still something to tell. But now 8.3.5 is canceled, and his story is gone too.What do we lose from old interviews
    1. the alliance will have a choice like the horde

    2. Alliance finds out who freed Saurfang from Horde player

    3. Anduin asked for advice from Turalyon

    4. Conversation of Anduin and Taelia

    5. Noble of house dissatisfied with anduin

    6. Scarlet Crusade in Stormwind( revolution? )

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    on blizzcon Ion said BfA is far from complete there is still something to tell.
    Yeah, and there was still something to tell:



    And now it's told. Well technically it will end this tuesday, when the N'Zoth defeat cinematic is uncovered.
    "I can't stay behind. Don't ask me to. I stayed behind the last time. I won't watch someone I love go to his death while I..."

    Alleria fan.

  3. #3
    You expected Alliance story development?

    Omegalul

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    What do we lose from old interviews
    Care to post those interviews? Otherwise this all can be dismissed without proof.

    We didn't lose shit. You didn't paid for any 8.3.5, and they can't cancel what they haven't announced. We have a million reasons to dislike BfA and 8.3, you don't need to fabricate more.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Care to post those interviews? Otherwise this all can be dismissed without proof.

    We didn't lose shit. You didn't paid for any 8.3.5, and they can't cancel what they haven't announced. We have a million reasons to dislike BfA and 8.3, you don't need to fabricate more.
    Ion it's you? everyone who is interested lore know that interview

  6. #6
    You don't seem to understand how forums work. YOU made the argument, YOU brought up alleged interviews to support your argument. The burder is on YOU to provide said evidence. Or is this another source: dude, trust me?
    -- Remember, never look over the long term story and try to piece together what Blizzard planned, only take singular moments out of context and blow them way out of proportion. We can argue better that way. Every time I try to look at the story as Blizzard are presenting it I'm either called a shill or a fanfiction writer. - Powerogue 2019

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    Ion it's you? everyone who is interested lore know that interview
    Yeah it's me, Ion Hazzikotas. You got me. In my spare time I log my trusty ol' MMO-C account and pick arguments with random winos. It's a guilty pleasure of mine really.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You don't seem to understand how forums work. YOU made the argument, YOU brought up alleged interviews to support your argument. The burder is on YOU to provide said evidence. Or is this another source: dude, trust me?
    just look at OP's thread history. you'll know not to reply to his threads again after.

  9. #9
    As has been discussed in every other thread about 8.3.5's cancellation, it's likely the story elements from what would have been 8.3.5 will be shifted into the 9.0 prepatch. I would've preferred a fully fledged patch myself but if we're sacrificing 8.3.5 to get a more polished 9.0, I'm okay with that.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Yeah it's me, Ion Hazzikotas. You got me. In my spare time I log my trusty ol' MMO-C account and pick arguments with random winos. It's a guilty pleasure of mine really.
    How can you be Ion when I am Ion? Story is being told and done for on tuesday, prepare for a 10 month drought!
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

    Wrath of The Bolvar too big for this forum. 10.0 confirmed?

  11. #11
    Am I missing something? Where was it stated 8.3.5 was planned to begin with?

  12. #12
    Over 9000! Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    9,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    on blizzcon Ion said BfA is far from complete there is still something to tell. But now 8.3.5 is canceled, and his story is gone too.What do we lose from old interviews
    *snip*
    Because your assumptive whining about 8.3.5 needed its own topic, right?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Am I missing something? Where was it stated 8.3.5 was planned to begin with?
    It wasn't, but some people around here can't go very long without making whiny topics about things - even if they have to pull said things out of their asses.

    And if we think losing 8.3.5 is bad, just think of what we lost in a potential 8.5! REEEEEEEEEE

  13. #13
    Pandaren Monk Laubman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Shyish
    Posts
    1,905
    All of these points sound like stuff for a Novel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    What if the big baddie is the friends we made along the way?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Am I missing something? Where was it stated 8.3.5 was planned to begin with?
    It doesn't need to be literally stated.

    Considering we've gotten .5 patches ever since WoD, it's very fair to wonder why there suddenly isn't a 8.3.5.
    Last edited by Rochana; 2020-01-19 at 05:56 PM.

  15. #15
    Also the cannon in Azshara never went off. But that was more of a "that would he kinda cool. We'll see if that happens." Had no sense of guarantee or promise with that.

  16. #16
    The Patient Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Posts
    251
    Well, some people are saying they scrapped it so they can work more on Shadowlands. Also what about the pre patch event? It would be nice for 8.3.5 to be preceding to it, instead of 'skipping' over into another part of the story. They might change their minds, but it's probably very unlikely

    Ahmanét, daughter of Bwonsamdi
    Bwonsamdi is my future husband

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Also the cannon in Azshara never went off.
    Yeah,

    it makes me think that before 8.2 hit that they decided to change the whole story around because they felt like they needed to wrap up the expansion sooner than they had anticipated. The story feels a bit jumbled and like things were left out, things which they mentioned during Blizzcon that would happen.

    I'm also pretty certain that stuff like "Warfront: Nyalotha" where the Horde and Alliance would've fought against armies of the Black Empire would've been part of BFA if they hadn't abandoned the project. But BFA got abandoned so it caused N'zoth's content patch to end up being much smaller than they had planned it to be.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    Ion it's you? everyone who is interested lore know that interview
    You ever gonna post the interview or what? Still waiting on the proof.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If a man gets pregnant (and, while vanishingly rare, it has happened)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, Antifa are the real heroes.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Well, some people are saying they scrapped it so they can work more on Shadowlands. Also what about the pre patch event? It would be nice for 8.3.5 to be preceding to it, instead of 'skipping' over into another part of the story. They might change their minds, but it's probably very unlikely
    this is what i am afraid of

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Yeah,

    it makes me think that before 8.2 hit that they decided to change the whole story around because they felt like they needed to wrap up the expansion sooner than they had anticipated. The story feels a bit jumbled and like things were left out, things which they mentioned during Blizzcon that would happen.

    I'm also pretty certain that stuff like "Warfront: Nyalotha" where the Horde and Alliance would've fought against armies of the Black Empire would've been part of BFA if they hadn't abandoned the project. But BFA got abandoned so it caused N'zoth's content patch to end up being much smaller than they had planned it to be.
    Since people seemed to have a lukewarm reaction to shadowlands I think they are going to ramp up their efforts on it. Probably a lot better to have a fresh start with an expansion than trying to salvage one that has a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. I think it would be the right move. People already wrote BFA off anyway. In a month or 2 even the most ardent of fans will get bored whether they want to admit it or not. They will probably be reeing on the forums with "I'm having so much fun farming dragon soul for transmog and gold! BFA IS AWESOME!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •