Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    "The costs to develop and launch Classic are much, much greater than many seem to realise, and the initial budget was blown out by over 45%.
    - During launch month, multiple teams were reassigned to help deal with the workload, and are no longer required. Expect an announcement regarding layoffs soon.
    - All future development has been put on hold, including the 2022 launch of BC realms. This may be revisited at a later date, but seems unlikely at this time."

These tard posts just aren't trying anymore.
    This guy lacks any intelligence

Everyone is so naive to think that Activision won't buff BWL to keep ppl playing endlessly grinding away how they have done retail.

Some of this actually adds up, if you put your fanboism aside and look at it objectively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancydress View Post
    I'm with the others... Emails or its all a huge lie.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I rate it 0,01/10. Tho, Blizz need to buff the damage and health of everything on classic.

10/10 I laugh, especially :

- Blizzard is disappointed that WoW Classic is such a joke and everyone is laughing at them in industry and looking at WoW Classic as an example of how NOT to relaunch things

- Everything is way too easy and everything gets exploited and abused as soon as it is released, because the playerbase is no longer as naive as they were back in the day.

Because it's true

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I'm with the others... Emails or its all a huge lie.
    I highly doubt they would out themselves and disclose their source.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Because THERE IS NO SOURCE.

"All current gear is going to be useless for BWL"

- Sure thats how MMORPGs work. Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by xxdprussxx View Post
    Everyone is so naive to think that Activision won't buff BWL to keep ppl playing endlessly grinding away how they have done retail.
    I dont know if they are naive, or just extremely stubborn and stuck in a situation where if they do admit that some if those is likely, they will be admitting "their" precious wow classic was not what they expected.

I believe the costs probably did blow out by a long way, i have no idea of the percentage, but that doesnt seem unreasonable at all. As for the dramatic player dropoff, it is AMAZING how fast the community switched from "we need more servers, now!" to "We need server mergers or the games dead" - this happened in a matter of a few WEEKS, not months, WEEKS. So again, i do believe there is a possibility the player droppoff could have been much faster, and in greater numbers than blizzard had anticipated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    "The costs to develop and launch Classic are much, much greater than many seem to realise, and the initial budget was blown out by over 45%.
    - During launch month, multiple teams were reassigned to help deal with the workload, and are no longer required. Expect an announcement regarding layoffs soon.
    - All future development has been put on hold, including the 2022 launch of BC realms. This may be revisited at a later date, but seems unlikely at this time."

These tard posts just aren't trying anymore.
    This guy lacks any intelligence
    So in your expert opinion, there is no way that the classic development and launch went over budget?

Probably because they are lying.

Did you get the attention you apparently need? Please go back to your family and get more hugs.

I dont know if they are naive, or just extremely stubborn and stuck in a situation where if they do admit that some if those is likely, they will be admitting "their" precious wow classic was not what they expected.

I believe the costs probably did blow out by a long way, i have no idea of the percentage, but that doesnt seem unreasonable at all. As for the dramatic player dropoff, it is AMAZING how fast the community switched from "we need more servers, now!" to "We need server mergers or the games dead" - this happened in a matter of a few WEEKS, not months, WEEKS. So again, i do believe there is a possibility the player droppoff could have been much faster, and in greater numbers than blizzard had anticipated.

- - - Updated - - -

So in your expert opinion, there is no way that the classic development and launch went over budget?
    That was always the problem with Classic launch. Blizzard panicked and opened too many servers although they themselves predicted a massive player drop off.
    Nobody ever quit a game because the server were full and they couldn't play. That made them want to kept trying and play it even more. A lot of MMOs died because servers were empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgmore View Post
    Did you get the attention you apparently need? Please go back to your family and get more hugs.
    Did you get yours? Why reply if you have nothing on topic to say? Oh, because ironically, you want attention.

That was always the problem with Classic launch. Blizzard panicked and opened too many servers although they themselves predicted a massive player drop off.
    Nobody ever quit a game because the server were full and they couldn't play. That made them want to kept trying and play it even more. A lot of MMOs died because servers were empty.
    We're still waiting on your evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    We're still waiting on your evidence.
    There is no evidence, the guy's obviously trolling.

Player / community perception is unfortunately quite important, and no one wants to play a game that is in steady decline, except for its hardcore dedicated fanbase. So yes, it can be quite a fast decent once the droppoff begins, as there seems to be two things happening A) players dont enjoy the game, but stick with it - until they start seeing everyone else leaving, so they leave as well and B)similar to a gathering, once one person leaves, everyone else considers it acceptable to leave as well.

And obviously there are some sinking ship analogies to make here, but i dont think classic is a sinking ship, its just a cruize liner full of oldies, anchored in the middle of the ocean, screaming at everyone to "get of my lawn!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    There is no evidence, the guy's obviously trolling.
    Then i ask again, as i have asked before and will no doubt be asking yet again soon - why bump the thread and ensure it gains traction? if you have nothing to add, and no interest in discussing it, just leave the thread alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    So your 'evidence' is you heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend that Blizzard was messin' around?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Player / community perception is unfortunately quite important, and no one wants to play a game that is in steady decline, except for its hardcore dedicated fanbase. So yes, it can be quite a fast decent once the droppoff begins, as there seems to be two things happening A) players dont enjoy the game, but stick with it - until they start seeing everyone else leaving, so they leave as well and B)similar to a gathering, once one person leaves, everyone else considers it acceptable to leave as well.

And obviously there are some sinking ship analogies to make here, but i dont think classic is a sinking ship, its just a cruize liner full of oldies, anchored in the middle of the ocean, screaming at everyone to "get of my lawn!"

- - - Updated - - -

Then i ask again, as i have asked before and will no doubt be asking yet again soon - why bump the thread and ensure it gains traction? if you have nothing to add, and no interest in discussing it, just leave the thread alone.
    He did discuss it,he called it out as a lie.

It's a shame the OP has no evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So your 'evidence' is you heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend that Blizzard was messin' around?
    Somebody did a boo boo with a Reply All. Original email got stripped down to plain text to remove all identifying information.
    That's all I've been told.