Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Necromancet and tinker confirmed for classic, right after players realize bosses are mathematically unkillable, the 2 classes will be required.

Multiple teams reassigned to deal with the workload, what did they do? Put more coal into the servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydress View Post
    This is from a colleague of mine who works in lives in a particular city in a particular island nation for a particular company. He knows I play WoW and forwarded this to me:
    - Blizzard is disappointed that WoW Classic is such a joke and everyone is laughing at them in industry and looking at WoW Classic as an example of how NOT to relaunch things - think Anthem and Breakpoint teams.
    - Everything is way too easy and everything gets exploited and abused as soon as it is released, because the playerbase is no longer as naive as they were back in the day.
    - So they are massively buffing BWL. They internal tests and calculations show that it will be full cleared in under an hour after release. That's content that's meant to last players a few months.
    - They are buffing everything in the raid. Most likely through resistances and mob damage. They can't really add any mechanics.
    - All current gear is going to be useless for BWL and players will have to get pure resist gear, just to survive in there. This means that some bosses will be mathematically unkillable for a while, until the players figure it out and Blizzard "fixes" it.
    - Depending on the success of this, same thing will happen with AQ and Naxx further down the track.
    - Although initially things looked positive, the decline overall in subs has been disastrous.
    - The costs to develop and launch Classic are much, much greater than many seem to realise, and the initial budget was blown out by over 45%.
    - During launch month, multiple teams were reassigned to help deal with the workload, and are no longer required. Expect an announcement regarding layoffs soon.
    - All future development has been put on hold, including the 2022 launch of BC realms. This may be revisited at a later date, but seems unlikely at this time.
    There are people who have enough intelligence to write a believable fake leak, or write an ironic funny fake leak. You are not one of them

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    There are people who have enough intelligence to write a believable fake leak, or write an ironic funny fake leak. You are not one of them
    You think they are both?

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    There have been more and more posts like this lately, and they keep lasting longer. Do mods no longer remove threads like this on MMOC or is it just slow? I mean the trolling here is so obvious it hurts, and it's ongoing.
    Let's because the mods don't react to threads they don't like with "ITS A TROLL". A leak is only a leak until it's proven otherwise. There have been many leaks and yet most have some grain of truth in them. This thread is a discussion of this leak, not an exercise where you want to stomp on other people's freedoms to express themselves. I see nothing in OP that I indicates that rules have been broken. Imagination? Maybe. I would have thought so too just one week ago. But now we have a game changing rule come out that goes completely against Blizzards previous position. PvP has a PvP solution. Are you really going to bet against them increasing the difficulty of BWL to make more money?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

7+ Year Old Account
    This is from a colleague of mine who works in lives in a particular city in a particular island nation for a particular company. He knows I play WoW and forwarded this to me:
    - Blizzard is disappointed that WoW Classic is such a joke and everyone is laughing at them in industry and looking at WoW Classic as an example of how NOT to relaunch things - think Anthem and Breakpoint teams.
    - Everything is way too easy and everything gets exploited and abused as soon as it is released, because the playerbase is no longer as naive as they were back in the day.
    - So they are massively buffing BWL. They internal tests and calculations show that it will be full cleared in under an hour after release. That's content that's meant to last players a few months.
    - They are buffing everything in the raid. Most likely through resistances and mob damage. They can't really add any mechanics.
    - All current gear is going to be useless for BWL and players will have to get pure resist gear, just to survive in there. This means that some bosses will be mathematically unkillable for a while, until the players figure it out and Blizzard "fixes" it.
    - Depending on the success of this, same thing will happen with AQ and Naxx further down the track.
    - Although initially things looked positive, the decline overall in subs has been disastrous.
    - The costs to develop and launch Classic are much, much greater than many seem to realise, and the initial budget was blown out by over 45%.
    - During launch month, multiple teams were reassigned to help deal with the workload, and are no longer required. Expect an announcement regarding layoffs soon.
    - All future development has been put on hold, including the 2022 launch of BC realms. This may be revisited at a later date, but seems unlikely at this time.
    My uncle is mr blizzard and says you are full of lies, and has tracked your IP, the FBI areo n the way to arrest you and your fake colleague for impersination of a federal blizzard employee.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I have to say, if you think stringing a couple of hundred words together is a lot of effort, you need to adjust your calculations a bit. As I have said to others, if you have nothing to add, and don't want it discuss the topic at hand, all you are doing is trying to be a part of the thread, and bumping it back to the top.
    There is no topic. This is a troll post.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe this is drivel, and just someones imagination of what is actually going on at Blizzard.

TBH one of the things I like about Classic raids is that they ARE simpler than retail. Retail moved to crazy special effects all over for every fight and a ton of things to keep track of (I guess to help the e-sport stuff) and it's sometimes a bit much, even on LFR. Classic is more relaxed, at least MC and Ony. The mechanics themselves aren't difficult, it's just execution matters.

Source: dude, trust me...

How has this gone on for 7 pages without any mod locking it?

Classic is being looked at as an industry leader in a re release.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Bullshit. At the risk of yet another infraction, you're lying and instead of policing people like me calling you out, mods should close bait threads like this. But they won't because it's traffic and this site is ad-based.
    plot twist: it's the mods with fake accs who come up with such posts for above reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Clbull View Post
    I'll believe it when I see an actual announcement or credible leak.

I refuse to believe that Blizzard would massively buff raid content for the sake of not having APES world first the raid in mere hours.

If Blizzard really have been haemorrhaging subscribers, maybe they should try hotfixing their morals first before breaking their #NoChanges promise?

I quit WoW because of what they did to Blitzchung and haven't touched anything from Blizzard since. After watching the company shit all over Heroes of the Storm, Classic was my last hurrah and while I enjoyed the Classic experience greatly, unfortunately (for Blizzard) I have a moral compass and don't approve of how and why they punished Blitzchung for speaking up about Hong Kong. All they had to do was distance themselves from his statement and set clear rules in place to ensure it doesn't happen again; not distort an already ambiguous rule to fit their own twisted narrative.

And I actually know die-hard Blizzard fans who went further than me and issued formal account deletion requests to Blizzard. Blizzard's servers were actually overloaded with account deletion requests following the Hearthstone Grandmasters controversy.

Given the retirement of WCS and rumours that Overwatch League is being shitcanned, I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard were in dire financial straits thanks to their incredible PR misstep.
    They already had rules against using the interview for political reasons...hence he got a fine and a ban. They went and reduced the ban and I believe the fine. He broke the rules and although I agree with the idea behind speaking up about Hong Kong, he even admitted he knew it was going to get him banned and he did it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsoni View Post
    If Blizzard think Classic WoW is a joke and everyone is laughing, then they could literally just fire their data analysts etc and just ask me for free that its not LOL wtf do you mean. Millions of players that started playing and stuck around (according to stock call). If anything Classic WoW has set a standard for rereleases.
    And that is why nobody is taking Classic fanboys seriously. Millions? Are you sure there are not billions or even trillions? Why stop there?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Classic is being looked at as an industry leader in a re release.
    Source? Re:2 holds that title at the moment. But obviously you will twist and squirm and somehow put that into a different catagory, and continue to do exactly that until only classic remains. That's how classic fanatics work - eliminate all comparables until none remain, and then proclaim classic the Victor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsoni View Post
    If Blizzard think Classic WoW is a joke and everyone is laughing, then they could literally just fire their data analysts etc and just ask me for free that its not LOL wtf do you mean. Millions of players that started playing and stuck around (according to stock call). If anything Classic WoW has set a standard for rereleases.
    See, this is why no one takes fanbois seriously. You lot are honestly like flat earthers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    They already had rules against using the interview for political reasons...hence he got a fine and a ban. They went and reduced the ban and I believe the fine. He broke the rules and although I agree with the idea behind speaking up about Hong Kong, he even admitted he knew it was going to get him banned and he did it anyway.
    Hmmmmm, you might want to just check the reason he was banned. I see this explanation a lot, but when you look it up, the reason provided by blizzard for their actions is pretty flimsy.

Except that massive player number drop off and dead servers indicate that people actually wanted the spirit of Vanilla WoW, not the actual Vanilla WoW.
    1) There isn't actually such a "massive" drop-off. There is a definite drop-off, but it's not a cliff.
    2) Funnily, the drop-off is actually MUCH tamer than the one which come after the usual "new expansion" peak. Even with already-known content and MC being barely a paper gate, the population is actually surprisingly stable.

So... yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    How has this gone on for 7 pages without any mod locking it?
    What should it be locked for? Do you consider it negative towards classic in some way? Is that against the rules? Do you feel personally offended in some way? Or do you just not like it? If it's the latter, I have AMAZING news for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    1) There isn't actually such a "massive" drop-off. There is a definite drop-off, but it's not a cliff.
    2) Funnily, the drop-off is actually MUCH tamer than the one which come after the usual "new expansion" peak. Even with already-known content and MC being barely a paper gate, the population is actually surprisingly stable.

So... yeah.
    Where are you getting this "data"? You talk like you have detailed knowledge of the Exodus of players? Because your opinion goes against those begging for server mergers, constant talk of dead servers, and second hand data like forum viewership and online viewership.

It's very clear classic has lost an astonishing amount of players, and as I have said a dozen times, that was to be expected, and is totally fine. It would seem it was possibly greater than blizzard anticipated. If you follow the threads on here and other forums, it's easy to see why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Such lame fake news OP.

RATM said it best.. you deserve a BITH

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post

So... yeah.
    95% since launch. Less than 6 months. That's bigger drop off than historical "wow killers" like SWTOR and Wildstar. If WoW Classic was a brand new MMO the servers would've been shut down by now.