Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why Do Arathi & Darkshore Get Direct Portals But Uldum & Vale Do Not?

Think about it. Every daily quest hub we've had this expansion has had a direct portal from Boralus/Dazaralor—Arathi. Darkshore. Nazjatar. Mechagon had the craftable teleport.

So why not Uldum and Vale? Are they not the same concept? Each is a focal-point-of-the-patch zone full of dailies, rares, world bosses, and fill the bars. Arathi and Darkshore get portals and you only visit them once every 2 weeks. Uldum and Vale are intended to be visited every single day for months. I dont understand the sudden change in design direction. Why make us RP walk over to the main zones every day? Seems kinda arbitrary?

I mean, you may not mind now, but I imagine I'm going to be fairly aggravated on my 87th flight from jade forest to Vale, you know?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Put on auto-run and go grab yourself a glass of water or something. You'll get through this.

Uldum has a portal.

Quote Originally Posted by SolomonSullivan View Post
    Think about it. Every daily quest hub we've had this expansion has had a direct portal from Boralus/Dazaralor—Arathi. Darkshore. Nazjatar. Mechagon had the craftable teleport.

So why not Uldum and Vale? Are they not the same concept? Each is a focal-point-of-the-patch zone full of dailies, rares, world bosses, and fill the bars. Arathi and Darkshore get portals and you only visit them once every 2 weeks. Uldum and Vale are intended to be visited every single day for months. I dont understand the sudden change in design direction. Why make us RP walk over to the main zones every day? Seems kinda arbitrary?

I mean, you may not mind now, but I imagine I'm going to be fairly aggravated on my 87th flight from jade forest to Vale, you know?

vale has a nearby portal, from Huoji Village or Sujin village (alliance?) for the Hozen/Jinyu, Horde Alliance in their capital city, to the Jade forrest, 2 min flight tops with 310% dont be lazy.

and Uldum does have a direct portal just need to open your eyes, its at the altar in ORG, or Near Deathwing Scale in Stormwind, there is a Direct Portal to the Capital City in Uldum.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

7+ Year Old Account

1. Uldum has a portal, go to stormwind, then fly to the cata portals only about 10 seconds away
    2. vale does not have a portal you are right, but its pretty close. OOOOOR you could set your hearth there instead, and that way you can use the portal to stormwind if you need uld or boralus, then you cna just hearth to vale!
    3. you can only go to arathi or darkshore if you own it, and has no real nearby portals of any other kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Could always toss a coin to a mage and get their MoP portal, puts you right in the capital city.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

I race changed into a vulpera for the sole reason to get that extra hs to the vale. Works wonders.

I agree. And the dailies should come to us. The Assaults should also be a pop up quest you get when you log in every day which you then click on and completes instantly.

No, I am just joking. I get the question you asking here, but it's one of the things Blizzard have talked about in the past, they don't want the world to be only portals. But then again its world of portals already, which got both pros and cons depending on the player.

Be glad you don't have to take boat to from Boralus to Stormwind, fly to Wetlands, boat to Kalimdor, to Theramore then fly to Silithus everytime that annoying diamond dwarf tells you to heal Azeroths WUUNS I guess. Hordies could just take boat from Zandalar to Orgrimmar then fly to do the same thing. Imagine the "horde bias" complaints then.

"They get there 20 minutes faster than us!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, with your hearthstone set to Vale, the guild cloak to get to Stormwind, and the ring to get to Boralus, I'm having zero trouble getting where I wanna be in a reasonable amount of time.
    Of course, if you never got the ring because you thought you'd never set your HS anywhere else but Boralus, well... thats just a lack of foresight on your part, isnt it?
    Damn, looks like hindsight IS 2020, after all.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

There is a portal to both Pandaria and Uldum. You can ask mages for portals too. And at the end of the day you have a friggin Hearthstone.

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s a few more steps than direct portal but, it’s not too far if your hearthstone is set to your home base for BFA. Also, as an engineer, I have a portal directly to Pandaria. Usually it’s very convenient, tho rarely it puts me on the farthest western shore of Kunlai and I’m like wow thanks rng lol
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

pandaria challenge mode portal is nice for vale if you happen to have it.

Uldum and Vale had portals that existed to get there in Cata and MoP, respectively. The one for Uldum was always one-way only. The one for Vale drops you off in Jade Forest and you fly. You're still using those. Also, nice hyperbole with the RP walk and nice burner account. Also as stated above you can set your hearth there and it's only one portal in Shrine back to Orgrimmar where all the other portals are. There's the ring to get back to the docks for missions.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

pandaria challenge mode teleport to mogu shan vaults!

The real question is, why does my sound keep cutting out while moving around Vale, and why does the moon keep disappearing while moving around Uldum?

Are we beta testing the patch still? Because it sure feels that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Honestly, with your hearthstone set to Vale, the guild cloak to get to Stormwind, and the ring to get to Boralus, I'm having zero trouble getting where I wanna be in a reasonable amount of time.
    Of course, if you never got the ring because you thought you'd never set your HS anywhere else but Boralus, well... thats just a lack of foresight on your part, isnt it?
    Damn, looks like hindsight IS 2020, after all.
    Hearthstone to Vale is the perfect Hearth for this patch. Hearth there for the Vale dailys, and then take the port to org>Uldum for the uldum dailys. Vale aslo has an easy way to get to Zuldazar. Hearth to shrine>Port to Org>Port to BFA zones.

Uldum has a portal in Stormwind (or you can fly 2 minutes from Silithus) and there's a portal to Jade Forest in Stormwind which is about 2 mins of flying from Vale. Do you really need more hand holding?

It's bad design. They took away the Vale port at the start of the expac. Constantly going through loading screens isn't how things should be, and maybe everyone should take a step back and stop defending what is obviously a pointless timesink

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    I race changed into a vulpera for the sole reason to get that extra hs to the vale. Works wonders.
    That's not why I switched but quickly found the camp to be mighty useful for such a use.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

7+ Year Old Account
    Toss a coin to your mages
    O' valley of plenty
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.