Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just don't do it.

I mean, I don't unless I already have some killed while doing other shit. As a whole, I don't intend to grind these daily quests either, aside from lesser vision daily - all you really lose is some rep and you will get exalted eventually anyway.

People are pigeonholing themselves into pointless activities only to blame others for their own decisions.

so this is what Pepega feels like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    But... this is just how it works? Someone else IS killing something before you kill it, that's just the way it works. Or do you wait in front of every rare so that ALL other people get it too? Because if you dont wait for ALL, someone will have to wait!
    No. I am the first to say that you have to be there in time for the spawn in order to avoid losing it, and I never wait for anyone. OP did not complain that people were not waiting for him, he said (albeit kinda angrily) that rare spawns have too low health, and that is an agreeable sentiment, because there is a difference between screaming "WAIT WAIT WAIT" while flying across the zone, which is a dumb behavior, and missing a rare 100 metres to your right, because it melts before it has even ended his spawn speech.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    There is one big weekly invasion - currently Vale. That gives you 10k visions.

There are two smaller weekly invasions - these happened in Uldum. Tuesday through Friday it was on the Halls of Origination side versus the Ankahet (I think that was the name), now it's on the pillars of Sun and Moon side versus the Aqir. These each give 5,500 visions. So 11,000 a week.

So yes, you get vessels each week for pretty much just showing up. I'd say the way Blizz has it planned is more that you won't just fill the bars as soon as the events are live but will just go in, do your dailies and slowly fill the bars over the week. Though if that was their plan it's very silly and not at all sound given how the player base works.
    That isn't just showing up ... that is "you get enough to purchase 2 a week" for just showing up.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

What happened to World Quests? They're so much better than the daily quest rubbish. There are none in the new areas.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    The game can't survive like this. The rares need a 4x or higher HP buff.
    You mean like how its been for a decade?

Wow dude, it sure did kill WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    No. I am the first to say that you have to be there in time for the spawn in order to avoid losing it, and I never wait for anyone. OP did not complain that people were not waiting for him, he said (albeit kinda angrily) that rare spawns have too low health, and that is an agreeable sentiment, because there is a difference between screaming "WAIT WAIT WAIT" while flying across the zone, which is a dumb behavior, and missing a rare 100 metres to your right, because it melts before it has even ended his spawn speech.
    They already have to much health imo - and I say it as someone that would like to do the quest, but can't bother the time investment for the low reward.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-01-20 at 11:52 AM.

If people are losing their minds and quitting because they can't complete a quest that gives 75 rep and 50 coalesced essences, they should probably be in some sort of mental health treatment center rather than playing wow anyway.

It's an easy quest anyway since they hotfixed it to 3 mobs and increased the spawn rate on the rares. If you are really having problems there are plenty of ways to guarantee not missing getting tags on the rares such as going to an area where there are multiple possible rares spawning so that any rares that spawn are all in range for the arrow directing you to them to appear on your mini map. Or wait somewhere near the middle of the zone.

Then there are rares such as escaped mutation which as something like a 10 second respawn timer which effectively means you are only needing to 'find' 2 rares in vale for the quest.

Another thing to try is if you see a rare announced but you miss getting the tag on it or just havent picked up the rare quest, then you know it's possibly going to spawn fairly soon after another 30 mins... So do your dailies then be somewhere around that area in that time window. Most of the rares seem to have 30-60 min respawns with the exception of escaped mutation and maybe The Forgotten.

I've not had any problems finding rares for the quest during the time it's taken me to complete all the daily quests and events but I sometimes fish around the Pagoda in Vale if I havent yet killed The Forgotten because I want the pet. This also gives me a chance at the pet that you can fish up in Vale. So you can be doing things while camping too.

Some people just need to take a deep breath, realise it's a game and there's no point stressing out about things that really don't matter.... because again, it's SEVENTY FIVE REP. If something is pissing you off or just isn't fun to you just remember it's ok to not do it.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2020-01-20 at 12:04 PM.

I feel like all the dailies where made as an iefficient grinding mechanism. You do assaults fast you get 2 Visions per week, which is enough for most casuals, you do lesser visions you get a third one at relative ease. Then comes the grindstone. These dailies are for those who chose to grind and hence are appropriate.

There must be people out there who have memory of dailies being mandatory but remember those gave ~1k rep per day, not 225.

Tried to do Vale "3 x rare" yesterday, got kinda annoyed, gave up, perhaps I'll do it today. Nothing lost, really. Actually it's kind of cool to return to the state where quests don't feel mandatory to progress, wanna spend more time on them, go for it.

Sidenote, anyone who sees an unattacked rare and starts zerging him down without announcing his position should fall into a vat of Legos.

Steps to be taken seriously:

1. Create a title with an absurd overused hyperbole
    2. ?
    3. profit.

if only there was tech that could be used for dynamic re-spawn timers...oh wait they have it...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    That isn't just showing up ... that is "you get enough to purchase 2 a week" for just showing up.
    Fair enough.

Oh and don't forget the minor vision daily. You do that for 1k visions so get 7k a week.

The dailies are just there for folks that want to do more. They are so inefficient that no one should feel bad bailing on them is the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    If you weren't at the rare when it spawned it would be dead before you got there. Aside from the couple big ones that would live more than 5 seconds like the boat.
    if he was on illidan he was 100% not killing anything that he had to run more than 15 seconds to.

10+ Year Old Account
    The bigger question is: Why are you even wasting your time doing those dailies? If they reward 50 visions, then what's the point of doing them when there are other dailies that give 1k? It would take 200 days of doing that daily just for it to equal 1 token for a vision. They are textbook carrot on a stick tactics and you're sitting here venting about doing them. Want the solution? Don't do them. Do your assaults that award 5500 visions and the 1k daily vision.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

It's pure luck, I just did the quest in like 3 minutes as rares spawned one after another as I was doing the other quests. The other day though it took me like an hour to find them. That is bad design, nothing should be that inconsistent. They need higher scaling when more people tag onto the mob so they die slower.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    So what you are saying is that the content is worthless and not worth your time? Wow what a great defense you got there.

- - - Updated - - -

You realize there have been multiple expansions to compare current WoW to right?
    Pretty sure what that person stated was it’s not a big deal to miss out on it. If you want to spend time doing it (I do) then put in the time (I have) and do it. It’s not difficult and also it’s something to do waiting in queue for BGs or watching videos on YouTube. Nice spin though.
    As to the 2nd person, I’m sure they do realize that. And there was vanilla and 2 more xpacs with nonshared loot and mob tagging. Going back to who you replied to: yes, they realize that and they chose to compare to Classic. You’re free to do the same and compare to other xpacs.

Should be 1 rare. IDK how they got this wrong.

Someone who completes the rare daily every day will take 7 months to get 1 vial extra as opposed to someone who does not, with the Cloak upgrades being capped if you really can't handle 30 minutes of daily content then you're not losing out on anything by not doing it so feel free to ignore them.