Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    1. New world revamp. Doesn't need to be a physical change except where it makes sense (e.g. how long has Felwood been "healing" now?). I really just want to see the stories of these static zones evolve with the times. Northrend, Outlands/BC starting zones, and Pandaria take precedent over EK and Kali imo.

2. Would like to see Invasion events appear in lower level zones, and scale so that lowbies and max level characters can do the same objectives. For example, N'zoth is supposed to be invading Azeroth right now but it really feels like he's only invading uldum and the vale. I get that those are two key locations in the lore, but it lacks the sense of scope and gravity that an old god invasion should have. Why not invade Storm Peaks and Uldaman too? It's jarring to see the Vale covered in purple goop while if you look a few miles south, the Valley of the Four Winds is sunny and beautiful.

The sense of scale problem is true for all the invasion mechanics except for maybe the Legion. In future invasions that take place on Azeroth, it would be nice to have a few zones fall under attack around Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms that provide a chance for 1-60s to experience the game's current events (instead of feeling disconnected from it while doing obviously outdated content), and for alts to gain a much needed experience boost from the world quests they provide. It would also create a reason to return to Azeroth, and change/"revamp" the scenery of familiar zones on a smaller scale. Warfronts actually achieved this effect somewhat, but it would be nice for it to be relevant to all players in the zone, not just max level.

3. Speaking of replay value for old areas, the old world needs better exploration. If your going to be leveling across 40 massive zones for your first 60 levels, we gotta have more reason to actually explore these places. If there was another world revamp, I would seriously hope they add a plethora of rares & secret treasures across EK/Kali/Outlands/Northrend with challenging or interesting mechanics, secret methods of summoning, coveted loot (i.e. toy items, pets, unique gear/mogs, maybe one or two mounts),etc. Blizzard's been perfecting exploration for new continents since MoP, but old zones need some love, as they've been roughly unchanged in how treasure & secrets have worked since Vanilla. You find that same lowpoly dungeon treasure chest that needs lockpicking, and it's still usually ignored by the group because it contains nothing but 3 coppers, a slice of cheese, and a green gem that you'll never use. Rares are still the same as well, so infrequent that they might as well not exist, typically forgettable, and not very rewarding to actually kill. Sorely needs to change if we wanna make Azeroth interesting again.

3. Would like to see the return of class quests, and class trainers. Leveling up your class doesn't feel as connected with the world and satisfying as it should. It's been eroded into streamlined convenience, rather than the original story of progression and newfound power that it used to be. Artifact storylines were awesome, if we had side quests for our class with that level of storytelling throughout the early levels, it would be awesome.

4. Destroyed, hostile, or non-functional settlements should be made accessible as functional hubs (where it makes sense). Suramar is a good example - in the lore it's no longer a hostile city. Not ruled by a corrupt society or infested with demons, but the rest of the city should become fully functional to reflect this, and other cities in similar conditions should follow suit (i.e. Lost City of the Tol'vir, Mechagon City, WoD Shattrath, etc). The same should be said for places that have been destroyed or damaged for too long; rebuilding is in order (Silvermoon, Gnomeregan, Gilneas, Lordaeron, Darnassus, Theramore, Southshore, Shadowforge City, etc). Doing old content isn't even a problem anymore, as Zidormi has been used to switch between expansions for since Cataclysm now. Though it might not make sense from a game design pov (having too many hubs just for the sake of it would probably waste resources), imagine if the real world only had 12 functioning cities you could visit. Updating old cities, creating extra new ones, and revamping the inaccessible ones would do good to make the world actually feel expansive and larger-than-you, and a helluvalot more believable.

5. This one's minor, but as cool as the new HD versions of vanilla WoW mobs are, the old models always had a certain charm to them. Would love to get a set of "Classic" battle pets you can find through various sources that use old models which haven't been used for companion pets before.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2020-01-21 at 12:28 AM.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Outside of World Quests, no one really bothers with the other zones except for alts. They still haven't figured out a way to keep things consistently relevant - and then yeah, after 2 years it's invalidated nigh completely.
    Outside of world quest the only thing there is are normal quests. That's better than vanilla at least. But see, now they just put things in old zones and there's people crying, they just won't catch a break lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Outside of world quest the only thing there is are normal quests. That's better than vanilla at least. But see, now they just put things in old zones and there's people crying, they just won't catch a break lol.
    It's better but I think they could make WQs more relevant for alts and max levels alike. I don't think anyone really minds them reusing old zones but more that the minor inconveniences or hitches along the way make it less enjoyable for players.

My major gripe is that we got two beautiful zones in 8.2, then 8.3 rolls around and we got a raid and old zones sprinkled with (Rather nice looking, but again, overlaid assets). The content itself is enjoyable, unrewarding on the daily front - but overall not a bad patch, just underwhelming. I understand why though, Shadowlands takes precedence and they had to make compromises somewhere. Sadly it was the old god patch, and while what they did was smart - it's just, not as grand as it should've been.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    It's better but I think they could make WQs more relevant for alts and max levels alike. I don't think anyone really minds them reusing old zones but more that the minor inconveniences or hitches along the way make it less enjoyable for players.

My major gripe is that we got two beautiful zones in 8.2, then 8.3 rolls around and we got a raid and old zones sprinkled with (Rather nice looking, but again, overlaid assets). The content itself is enjoyable, unrewarding on the daily front - but overall not a bad patch, just underwhelming. I understand why though, Shadowlands takes precedence and they had to make compromises somewhere. Sadly it was the old god patch, and while what they did was smart - it's just, not as grand as it should've been.
    The real compromise is 8.3.5 was completely cancelled. I wouldn't doubt 8.3 took a hit as well but I kinda get the feeling this is all we would have gotten anyway. It's still early to judge this patch, at least for me the raid takes priority when it comes to ranking a tier/patch. The new M+ affix also seems very cool and I'm just happy to not have to deal with cancer bitches from last season. So far the dailies I'm fine with, doesn't take too long except sometimes the kill 3 rare is just stupid so I skip it, I mean it's 50 points, not worth that much time if I'm at 0/3 after finishing the other dailies.

It's true that it's kinda boring to just get old zones with tentacles added on top, arguably it's just 1, uldum didn't change, it would have been cool if that was in like 6 zones and they rotate every week. Would have felt more like a real old god take over and would be way less repetitive, I guarantee in 2-3 weeks I'll be tired to death of that crap and can't wait to be exalted and never do that again.