Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    even if you had 50 they didn't believe you play all of them so just delete a couple.

Problem I always had with this was, if I leveled it I'm not deleting it despite what anyone suggests. If it was something <30 then I'd likely delete it, but that would be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Thing is, if so few people are making use of the 50 cap, why would increasing it be a problem? Why would people who aren't already making use of the slots suddenly decide to fill them all up and spam new characters. It's such a nonsense reason for not doing it.
    Likely because it'd require some work. It took them awhile to remove the realm caps along with the backpack. So my only guess is there some technical hurdle that is preventing them from easily doing it so they just use a blanket excuse to cover it up until they figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    If only there was a source to refute your claim that there are many people in the same boat as you. Oh wait there is. Blizzard say there are very few accounts approaching 50. Is there any reason they would lie to us? Untill there is actual demand to do so, blizzard will not be raising the cap.
    What I meant by that is, 10% of my friends(that I know of) that I have on my friend list have more than 50 characters, me included; now, 10% might not be a big enough number for them to change it right away, but at least they should consider it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Problem I always had with this was, if I leveled it I'm not deleting it despite what anyone suggests. If it was something <30 then I'd likely delete it, but that would be it.

Likely because it'd require some work. It took them awhile to remove the realm caps along with the backpack. So my only guess is there some technical hurdle that is preventing them from easily doing it so they just use a blanket excuse to cover it up until they figure it out.
    Couldn't say this better, almost all of my characters have some story attached to them and I don't really want to delete them, especially if I ve spent some time playing them. I might not be playing them all at the given moment, but I love to be able to jump on them from time to time. This game is old, and 50 character limit made sense 15 years ago when focus was on playing 1 character.

Always recruiting exceptional players! Visit http://www.klr-guild.eu/ for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Thing is, if so few people are making use of the 50 cap, why would increasing it be a problem? Why would people who aren't already making use of the slots suddenly decide to fill them all up and spam new characters. It's such a nonsense reason for not doing it.
    Because when less than 1% of your playerbase is running into this "issue" it's absolutely not even remotely a priority. I highly doubt it's a simple matter of them opening a file and increasing an integer from 50 to 500.

I think they should reduce cap to 3 characters. 50 is insane.

As much an advocate as I am with the many new races we got this expansion, I must say, at best, and most, I actively play only as many as 36 of the 45 characters I have created. I try to keep each a specific spec so it always feels different (which is why I'm against unpruning as I feel it'll discourage me to even be into as many characters that I am) but even playing all 36 semi-regularly isn't realistic. It all depends on what Ion's definition of "proving you are playing all 50 characters regularly." Is regularly to him raid progression on 50 characters? All max levels? Logging in weekly for at least an hour on all 50? Because "regularly" to me, and this is my personal role-play style, a rotating cast of heroes over the course of an expansion cycle.

Undead theme raid? My retribution paladin is going to down it.
    Pet battle events? Seems appropriate for my Pandaren.
    Brewfest? My dwarf.
    Hallow's End? My undead.
    Etc.

Sometimes my mains might be benched if there's a timewalking going on, so I dedicate time to my 70's or 80's to level them and experience BC and Wrath dungeons with them. Just because my mains are benched doesn't mean they're inactive, it just means there are only 24 hours in a day, and as a human being, I require about 8 of them to sleep, 8 for work, and then a few others for things besides WoW. There's really no justifiable criteria for Ion to judge how much players use their entire roster, as his opinion might differ from yours. It's just a matter of whether increasing the cap of 50 characters is even easy to do or worth whatever effort it takes, more so than justifiable.