Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    one reason they want peoples money for using the online services so its unlikely to increase the amount you can have on one server
    Yeah, I understand that, but they have changed their stance on many things before, even against their short term gain. As someone said, not many people have this "issue" so I doubt it would be much of a loss for them. Might be wrong tho.

Always recruiting exceptional players! Visit http://www.klr-guild.eu/ for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfury View Post
    Yeah, I understand that, but they have changed their stance on many things before, even against their short term gain. As someone said, not many people have this "issue" so I doubt it would be much of a loss for them. Might be wrong tho.
    they are losing tons of subscribers due to WoW just being old and this would lose money for them potentionally, i dont see any point in having anymore than 1 of each class on horde and alliance. Even if you have no job you wont have the time to play more than 3-4 characters consecutively, WoWs leveling is the most boring content there is.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

they are losing tons of subscribers due to WoW just being old and this would lose money for them potentionally, i dont see any point in having anymore than 1 of each class on horde and alliance. Even if you have no job you wont have the time to play more than 3-4 characters consecutively, WoWs leveling is the most boring content there is.
    I like questing /shrug I leveled all 46 of my 120s and my soon to be 47th through primarily questing. Not everyone likes the same stuff and that's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Because they aren't deleting characters you already have, they're just saying 50 is the limit. And that's fine, because that's really all you need
    Maybe that's all YOU need lol Not everyone likes the same stuff and that's cool.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

True, but they've been investing time in revamping leveling experience, plus you gotta level each allied race if you want their heritage armor and achie. One of the examples of them "giving away" their potential gains was when they introduces cross realm grouping, or connected realms, don't see why would this be any different. Would be on even smaller scale and it, kind of, would be warranted, because of allied races.

Always recruiting exceptional players! Visit http://www.klr-guild.eu/ for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Maybe, but Blizzard clearly agrees.
    I guess time will tell

As long as I've played I know better than to assume how things currently are will be how they always are

50 years from now when they've added 50 allied races and 15 new classes maybe then the cap will increase
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    It's easy, let me give you an example.

Timewalking week, login, do a dungeon, turn in the quest, logout, repeat 49 times, only like 8 dungeons a day. I usually finish on thursday or friday though and I have to do 5 dungeons on my class mains so 12*5=60 and lets assume it's BC week so all but my newest alts can do it adds 4 70+ toons to that (64) and I have 46 120s - 12 class mains mentioned earlier gives us 34 for a grand total of 98 dungeons in 7 days is 14 a day but like I said I'll finish Friday at the latest so I normally do 24 dungeons a day. Ezpz.
    I think you should calculate how much time doing that takes. Because from where i stand, you sound like you've got far more free time than the average person and your supposedly "easy" thing is not at all easy for most to do. Especially not if they also have to spend time in queues.

10+ Year Old Account
    You people should not argue why or why not the 4th warrior or the 7th paladin have a sentimental value. If OP thinks their characters have a value, they have a value and that's it.
    As a hunter main I can understand the frustration of not having enough slots (and no, I will not start deleting rare/unique pet skins randomly, as this thread suggests).

Sadly the issue will be addressed when it becomes a problem for too many people and not before.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I think you should calculate how much time doing that takes. Because from where i stand, you sound like you've got far more free time than the average person and your supposedly "easy" thing is not at all easy for most to do. Especially not if they also have to spend time in queues.
    Probably a long damn time lol

But I do it so no one can tell me I don't play all my alts.

This is a snip of SavedInstances showing the number of badges I have on each alt. the 200 ones are from the anniversary package and can be disregarded, they are new bros and haven't been in TWing yet. Top number is total, not one character
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-01-20 at 01:20 AM.
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    This is 2020, storing a few tens or hundreds of thousands extra characters is not some insane amount of storage space. There's tens of millions of characters being stored from accounts that haven't played the game for years. At least I'm paying a subscription, why are those waste of space characters earning them no money still there instead of getting purged?

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely doesn't. Some of those characters have sentimental value, and even if they don't, they have value in the time spent leveling them that might come in handy at some later point where it means I don't have to level from scratch again when switching server(which has happened multiple times when coming back to a server I used to play on)
    A character is just a line in a database. Granted it probably has a few thousand variables, but most of them are booleans. So unused characters literally take nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Imo they cap should be increased for people with 50 characters at level 120. Either automatically or via a ticket.

That's a pretty lofty goal, so not many would reach it and the strain on the servers would be minimal.

I'm at 33, I fully see myself reaching 50 within a few more years and yes, Blizzard, I do play them all. Even if it's mostly just to farm world bosses.

Possibly sooner actually as I have around 7 characters on other accounts who're already at 110 that I plan on moving over eventually.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2020-01-20 at 07:18 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I heard they were gonna do it as soon as u quit so u can come back and make a whine thread...

Ion stated on camera if you can prove you are playing all 50 characters regularly, then they will consider upping the cap. Sitting on 50 characters is not the same as playing them. Also, you could just start a second account and link them. I can't imagine you are paying anything other than gold for a subscription fee if you are playing 50 toons so it's not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because doing so requires effort, possibly quite significantly so, for something that only affects a very tiny portion of their playerbase for very little gain. There's no incentive for them to take action.
    It actualy required more effort to increase realm cap each time they introduced new class or race. Not only they had to change the value in the server but also they had to change character screen for the client to support that many characters. With current screen there is no built in limit anywhere in the client. Changing account character cap is easy, all then need is to change one value in server settings or server code(if they are this sloppy).

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, if so few people are making use of the 50 cap, why would increasing it be a problem? Why would people who aren't already making use of the slots suddenly decide to fill them all up and spam new characters. It's such a nonsense reason for not doing it.
    I'ts not that increasing it would be a problem, but they would have to go through quite a bit of code nobody has likely looked at in years just to change a number that would ONLY affect a few ppl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfury View Post
    I might not be playing them all at the same time, but they do have a value for me, for different reasons, and I believe that there are many more people with this problem. Think their decision to enable you to have all 50 characters on one realm is a good start, so we can hope this might end up as a new expansion feature.
    If only there was a source to refute your claim that there are many people in the same boat as you. Oh wait there is. Blizzard say there are very few accounts approaching 50. Is there any reason they would lie to us? Untill there is actual demand to do so, blizzard will not be raising the cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    even if you had 50 they didn't believe you play all of them so just delete a couple.

Problem I always had with this was, if I leveled it I'm not deleting it despite what anyone suggests. If it was something <30 then I'd likely delete it, but that would be it.

Thing is, if so few people are making use of the 50 cap, why would increasing it be a problem? Why would people who aren't already making use of the slots suddenly decide to fill them all up and spam new characters. It's such a nonsense reason for not doing it.
    Likely because it'd require some work. It took them awhile to remove the realm caps along with the backpack. So my only guess is there some technical hurdle that is preventing them from easily doing it so they just use a blanket excuse to cover it up until they figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    If only there was a source to refute your claim that there are many people in the same boat as you. Oh wait there is. Blizzard say there are very few accounts approaching 50. Is there any reason they would lie to us? Untill there is actual demand to do so, blizzard will not be raising the cap.
    What I meant by that is, 10% of my friends(that I know of) that I have on my friend list have more than 50 characters, me included; now, 10% might not be a big enough number for them to change it right away, but at least they should consider it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Problem I always had with this was, if I leveled it I'm not deleting it despite what anyone suggests. If it was something <30 then I'd likely delete it, but that would be it.

Likely because it'd require some work. It took them awhile to remove the realm caps along with the backpack. So my only guess is there some technical hurdle that is preventing them from easily doing it so they just use a blanket excuse to cover it up until they figure it out.
    Couldn't say this better, almost all of my characters have some story attached to them and I don't really want to delete them, especially if I ve spent some time playing them. I might not be playing them all at the given moment, but I love to be able to jump on them from time to time. This game is old, and 50 character limit made sense 15 years ago when focus was on playing 1 character.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should reduce cap to 3 characters. 50 is insane.

As much an advocate as I am with the many new races we got this expansion, I must say, at best, and most, I actively play only as many as 36 of the 45 characters I have created. I try to keep each a specific spec so it always feels different (which is why I'm against unpruning as I feel it'll discourage me to even be into as many characters that I am) but even playing all 36 semi-regularly isn't realistic. It all depends on what Ion's definition of "proving you are playing all 50 characters regularly." Is regularly to him raid progression on 50 characters? All max levels? Logging in weekly for at least an hour on all 50? Because "regularly" to me, and this is my personal role-play style, a rotating cast of heroes over the course of an expansion cycle.

Undead theme raid? My retribution paladin is going to down it.
    Pet battle events? Seems appropriate for my Pandaren.
    Brewfest? My dwarf.
    Hallow's End? My undead.
    Etc.

Sometimes my mains might be benched if there's a timewalking going on, so I dedicate time to my 70's or 80's to level them and experience BC and Wrath dungeons with them. Just because my mains are benched doesn't mean they're inactive, it just means there are only 24 hours in a day, and as a human being, I require about 8 of them to sleep, 8 for work, and then a few others for things besides WoW. There's really no justifiable criteria for Ion to judge how much players use their entire roster, as his opinion might differ from yours. It's just a matter of whether increasing the cap of 50 characters is even easy to do or worth whatever effort it takes, more so than justifiable.