Thread: Mario

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mario

Which Mario game is your favorite? I was always partial to Mario 3 or super mario world.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    SMB3 easy for me. I remember a lot of my childhood going to playing and replaying that game. My brother would race to see who would complete the game fastest with no whistles.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Super Mario World I will always have fond memories of, as well as Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64 -- playing that with my siblings... miss those days.

Since the last Mario game I even owned was on the NES.... SMB3 since it was the best one on the system lol. Have a Switch now, but platformers aren't really my thing.

I've only ever played original SMB and thought that it was shitty platformer with unresponsive controls due to stupid inertia.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island!
    That game is just about perfect and visually it was so different at the time. Its art style inspires my own artwork to this day.
    I can agree with this 100%! I'm really glad they're still making Yoshi games (though in a style that resembles Yoshi's Story) for home consoles, and 'mobile' ones like this Switch.

Personally, I like Super Mario Sunshine, since it was technically the first Mario series game I've played. Then again that was back in 2002 when I was around two/three, so I'm not really sure if that's true. But I like to think it is lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    3d: mario 64 might be the best for me
    2d: tie between mario world and mario 3
    objectively best: yoshi's island and mario galaxy 2

Going to get some "it's not a Mario game" but SMB2. I thought that game was great, from the selectable characters to the unique gameplay, SMB2 just sticks with me as a childhood fav.
    As a number 2 I wanted to say SM64, but that game was always overshadowed by other N64 games and didn't command my attention. But a "Mario" game that does, that I buy consoles for is Luigi's Mansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    My top 5

1. Mario Bros. 3. (NES)

2. Super Mario World (SNES)

3. Mario 64 (N64)

4. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

5. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (Gameboy)

Super Mario World for 2D Mario games at least.

Super Mario 3D World was really close though of a follow up.

For fully 3D games? Super Mario Odyssey was amazing, but so was Galaxy...that's a tough choice between them.

I'll go againts the odds and say Super Wario World for the Gameboy. Man how much time spent unlocking all alternate routes, finding all treasures and get the planet as reward
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

2D. SM3 will always have a special place in my heart.

3D is a tough one. I’ll throw in a vote for Galaxy II because I never did beat that final level (1 hit kill one as I recall).

Honorable mention for SM3D world for Wii U. This game was played a ton at my house. 4 player absolute chaos. Can’t believe it hasn’t got a switch release, or better yet a sequel.

Thing is about Mario games even the so-so ones (the super Mario 2 one for 3ds comes to mind) are still rock solid games, it’s just the bar is so damn high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Which Mario game is your favorite? I was always partial to Mario 3 or super mario world.
    Definitely SMB3...time and time again I've gone back to playing it!

Does All Stars count?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    the lost levels
    And Mario rpg the legend of the 7 stars

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Super Mario RPG was a great one for it's time. SM64 is hands down the one that defined a gaming generation and set a standard for 3D platform games forever. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is probably #3 on my list. Then Mario Party 1 & 2 were also some of the best local multiplayer experiences ever.

I have a lot of fond memories of nearly all of them that I've played (except Mario is Missing - that was one of the only games I returned as a child).

However, one of the ones I have the most fond memories of was Super Mario Sunshine. I had a ton of fun in that one. Played it recently, and it gave me a nostalgia trip for sure.

Out of the non-traditional Mario games, Super Mario RPG the best for me, though.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.