1. #1

    WoW freezing and crashing since 8.3

    since 8.3 released, and never before this point, WoW is crashing or freezing for 10-15 seconds every few minutes. Addons disabled, nothing different. I give lowering my graphics settings a go, but even at bare bones graphics settings (normally I can get away with nearly middle of the road, though every patch has made me lower settings a bit more in BFA) but even at the absolute bottom, 1 render distance and the works, I get the exact same issue.

    Task Manager indicates my CPU, GPU, and HDD all take turns hitting 100% utilization, and when those start overlapping, bye bye game.

    Haven't heard much from other players complaining about the same issue, and this has been my final straw towards "just buy a new computer already, you cheap bastard", but I'm mainly wondering if you think they'll patch this to playable in the intervening time or if I might as well just unsubscribe until then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  2. #2
    There's a known memory leak (see blues on official forum) and possibly an issue with shaders on some gpus after patch. I deleted my shader cache and the crashes are rarer now.
    R5 3600 | Noctua NH-D14 | Asus ROG Strix B350-F | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz CL15 | Asus GTX 1060 Strix | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Seasonic M12II Evo 620W | NZXT S340-B
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Do you guys not have phones?!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    There's a known memory leak (see blues on official forum) and possibly an issue with shaders on some gpus after patch. I deleted my shader cache and the crashes are rarer now.
    I deleted the WoW cache, which didn't help, what's the shader cache?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  4. #4
    It's in there.
    R5 3600 | Noctua NH-D14 | Asus ROG Strix B350-F | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz CL15 | Asus GTX 1060 Strix | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Seasonic M12II Evo 620W | NZXT S340-B
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Do you guys not have phones?!

  5. #5
    You are not the only one. Alot ppl suffered this issues including myself. This issue wasn't a thing till 8.3 hits and all suddenly my Full screen wow went to windowed when it acts up 3-5 secs random freeze. I already disabled the addons, Clean uninstall + Reinstall driver, Updated my driver, and etc i followed up. I'm little frustrated to play atm.

  6. #6
    Had this issue as well. Could just be coincidental, but after doing a client scan and repair I've no longer had it since.

  7. #7
    having the same issue as well. havent found a fix for myself yet

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Had this issue as well. Could just be coincidental, but after doing a client scan and repair I've no longer had it since.
    Gave it a go, still having the issue.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Patch week did nothing, I was really crossing my fingers for something. Tried disabling firewall/antivirus briefly to see if one of them was somehow conflicting (had one error pop up saying access to my graphics card was blocked?!) but that didn't change anything either.

    This is so horrible. I crashed multiple times just as I was near the Friendly Alpaca for the daily. I need a fix!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  9. #9
    Try setting DirectX 12 or 11 legacy.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Try setting DirectX 12 or 11 legacy.
    How do I do that? I'm up for anything at this point. Several weeks with no sign of a patch to fix it, and my new computer parts are taking forever to ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer gutnbrg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Mageland
    Posts
    3,508
    do u use killer network?

  12. #12

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-83-intel-gpus

    8.3 is unplayable for thousands of players
    Yep. I can't do shit in pre-8.3 content either without a kernel panic. Blizz really shit the bed here. QA? What's that?

  14. #14
    Over 9000! Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    9,739
    unplayable for me as well, i can barely do some quests

    they are avoiding the problem and putting the blame elsewhere, they even close the thread in the us foruns, cause they think they covered enough and people are getting different things

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    How do I do that? I'm up for anything at this point. Several weeks with no sign of a patch to fix it, and my new computer parts are taking forever to ship.
    menu - system - advanced

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    menu - system - advanced


    That finally worked! I can only assume because my GPU, like my whole computer, is old, and my graphics settings got reset to defaults during the patch for some reason, that switch got flipped without me noticing. Game's running smooth again, or as smooth as can be expected. No crashes in around 45 mins of playing. Now to play catch-up since I'm only just starting upgrading my cloak!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  17. #17
    Do you use a Mac? It is a known issue that macs don't work since 8.3 launched. There is a thread on the forums with hundreds of people all posting they are having problems.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    You are not the only one. Alot ppl suffered this issues including myself. This issue wasn't a thing till 8.3 hits and all suddenly my Full screen wow went to windowed when it acts up 3-5 secs random freeze. I already disabled the addons, Clean uninstall + Reinstall driver, Updated my driver, and etc i followed up. I'm little frustrated to play atm.
    Wow has been windowed for all of BfA.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post


    That finally worked! I can only assume because my GPU, like my whole computer, is old, and my graphics settings got reset to defaults during the patch for some reason, that switch got flipped without me noticing. Game's running smooth again, or as smooth as can be expected. No crashes in around 45 mins of playing. Now to play catch-up since I'm only just starting upgrading my cloak!
    Just about every big patch they flip to what WoW thinks you should be running.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •