Poll: Blue State or Red State based on your Party?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account

Blue State or Red State based on your Party?

Ok if the U.S Parties split, Democrats and Republicans into 3 other parties with leaders for each party which would you pick?

Republican Party - Leader Ted Cruz

Democrats - Leader Joe Biden

Libertarian Party - Gary Johnson

Reform Party - Donald J Trump

Liberal Party Leader - Bernie Sanders

(If you can pick a better party leader please write it in your comment.)

I am going with B
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2020-01-20 at 02:19 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

California would almost certainly be Biden because it is no where near as left as people outside the state insist. It's more the Republican party committed suicide here.

I would prefer Sanders, however.

Sooo.... why is Dumbass Dump labeled "Reform party" whereas Bernie is labeled "Liberal Party"?

Shouldn't Dump = "Alt-Conservative Party"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    California would almost certainly be Biden because it is no where near as left as people outside the state insist. It's more the Republican party committed suicide here.

I would prefer Sanders, however.
    California isn't a certainty for Biden. Bernie almost won there in 2016, and chances are that is probably more strengthened towards Bernie than Biden over the years.

Assuming we had ranked choice-voting and proportional representation to allow a true multi-party system, I'd vote for the "Liberal" Bernie Sanders led party, though it would be called the 'Progressive' Party or the 'Social Democrats,' not the 'Liberals.'

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    California isn't a certainty for Biden. Bernie almost won there in 2016, and chances are that is probably more strengthened towards Bernie than Biden over the years.
    More to the point I think, California (along with several other safely blue areas) has tremendous amounts of concentrated wealth, which when spent in local elections tends to keep policy to the right even when Democrats are elected. Not as much as in truly red states, but in general the economic populist brand of politics that the Progressive wing of the party is not the politics of the Hollywood/Wall Street/Silicon Valley wealthy elite.

Seattle suffers from the same, too. The city council was going to put a head tax on large businesses to help raise revenue to address homelessness, but Overlord Bezos threw a fit. The tax would've basically been equivalent to a 50 cent/hour raise for full-time workers, yet Amazon and other businesses was able to cow the city council into repealing it almost immediately. This in a city that had recently raised the minimum wage to over $15/hour.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Sooo.... why is Dumbass Dump labeled "Reform party" whereas Bernie is labeled "Liberal Party"?

Shouldn't Dump = "Alt-Conservative Party"?

- - - Updated - - -

Trump isn’t a conservative he is an opportunist. I put reform party but it could be just a place holder.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Fairly telling that all the listed candidates are old white men.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

this is actually the one time i'd vote for donald trump
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Trump isn’t a conservative he is an opportunist. I put reform party but it could be just a place holder.
    Reform Party far better describes Bernie than anything resembling what Dump is doing IMO. All Dump does is just "Un-Form" whatever Obama did.