Today in Uldum and Vale of Eternal Blossoms - January 20

Today in Uldum and Vale of Eternal Blossoms - January 20
    Patch 8.3 adds N'Zoth assaults to Uldum and the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. These new assaults work a little differently than what you would expect and are a very important part of keeping up with patch content. Click the banner below for an in depth guide.

Today in Uldum
    There are several activities taking place in Uldum.

Assault: Aqir

Daily Quests
    • Getting Ahead - Collect 1 Goliath Trophy from Aqir Goliaths in Uldum.
    • Put Your Foot Down - Squish 8 Aqir Larvae in Uldum.
    • Hatching Problems - Destroy 6 Aqir Egg Clusters in Uldum.

Daily Bonus Events
    /way 31 44 Burrowing Terrors
    /way 37 67 Burrowing Terrors
    /way 45 43 Burrowing Terrors
    /way 28 57 Ambushed Settlers
    /way 47 58 Hardened Hive
    /way 28 65 Titanus Egg (Currently Bugged)

Pet Battle World Quest
    • I Am The One Who Whispers - Defeat Whispers in a pet battle.
    • Strategy: Unborn Val'kyr [2 2 1] and Ikky [1 1 1]
      • Turn 1: Shadow Shock
      • Turn 2: Curse of Doom
      • Turn 3: Haunt
      • Bring in Ikky
      • Turn 4: Black Claw
      • Turn 5-7: Flock

Other Daily Activities
    • Reins of the Springfur Alpaca - Obtained by feeding Gersahl Greens to the Friendly Alpaca for seven days.
      • You can find Gersahl Greens along the Vir'naal River. Most of them spawn around the Lost City of Tol'vir.
      • The Friendly Alpaca is a rare spawn in Uldum. If you can't find it, look in Premade Groups for "Friendly Alpaca".
    • Shadowbarb Drone - Obtained by completing Ready to Fly, the final quest in a chain available after completing daily quests for 30 days.
      • To start the questline pick up the Voidtouched Egg at coordinates 20.8 61.9 in Uldum and then bring it to H'partho Ardoros.
      • To grow your companion you will have to complete daily quests offered by H'partho Ardoros in Ramkahen.
      • Completing this questline also rewards you with a toy Aqir Egg Cluster and a pet Shadowbarb Hatchling.

Today in Vale of Eternal Blossoms
    There are several events taking place in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

Assault: The Black Empire

Vision of N'Zoth Daily Quest (Vision of Darkness)

Daily Quests
    • A Growing Darkness - Destroy 6 Corrupted Incubators in the Big Blossom Mine in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
    • Torment From Beyond - Release 6 Ancient Pandaren Spirits in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
    • Corruption Manifest - Kill 8 Putrid Ichors in Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
    • The Strongest Among Them - Defeat 3 rare minions of N'Zoth in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

Daily Bonus Events
    /way 81 49 Consuming Maw
    /way 74 40 Abyssal Ritual
    /way 61 43 Pristine Droplet
    /way 44 41 Corruption Tear
    /way 79 33 Void Conduit
    /way 49 67 Void Conduit

Pet Battle World Quest
    • Tiny Madness - Defeat K'tiny the Mad in a pet battle.
    • Strategy: Unborn Val'kyr [2 2 1] and Macabre Marionette [2 2 1]
      • Turn 1: Shadow Shock
      • Turn 2: Pass
      • Turn 3: Curse of Doom
      • Turn 4: Haunt
      • Bring in Macabre Marionette
      • Turn 5-7: Dead Man's Party
      • Turn 8: Bone Bite
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-01-20 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this all that is going to be on the front page until Shadowlands launches?

Was wondering that myself. Would be nice to have a section dedicated to these posts and "Today in..." and then have blue posts, changes, etc on the frontpage

These posts feel like a desperate attempt by this site to try and convince gullible people that "yes, there IS stuff to do in WoW, we swear, now please visit our site for more info!".

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    These posts feel like a desperate attempt by this site to try and convince gullible people that "yes, there IS stuff to do in WoW, we swear, now please visit our site for more info!".
    Or, what's more likely, is that since news for WoW has been slow, MMO Champion is losing traffic to WoWhead, which focuses more on content like what's been plastered over the front page lately, and they're trying to maintain traffic by literally copying almost word for word what WoWhead is doing.

The most tedious and bugged 'content' in years doesn't deserve daily posts about it tbh...

I'm glad they're posting what's up today in Uldum and the vale, saves me from having to fly around like a fucking nonce trying to find them so i can get it over with asap.

Wait, I am slightly worried. I have not started any assault yet mainly due to the intensity of work I have had this week. Will I miss anything out??? I keep reading, "In order to not miss anything....."

Just direct to WoW Head...

Can honestly say I'm enjoying myself now that I ignore the dailies and just do Visions + Assaults and spend the rest of my time wrapping up Essences/Metas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzic518 View Post
    Is this all that is going to be on the front page until Shadowlands launches?
    Obviously not, since Shadowlands Alpha will begin...

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    Or, what's more likely, is that since news for WoW has been slow, MMO Champion is losing traffic to WoWhead, which focuses more on content like what's been plastered over the front page lately, and they're trying to maintain traffic by literally copying almost word for word what WoWhead is doing.
    WoW hasn't been slow, MMO-C has been slow. Wowhead has had stories up days faster than MMO-C for a while now.

Has been nice to see MMO-C beating Wowhead with the daily coords stuff. I worked from home yesterday and got my dailies done using the MMO-C post, as Wowhead didn't have one up yet.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.